[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just bought a Beretta 84

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: beretta 84bb.png (172KB, 608x372px) Image search: [Google]
beretta 84bb.png
172KB, 608x372px
What does /k/ think? It's my first pistol, and only cost $340. The finish is nearly perfect, but there's some grip wear. Bore is great. When I pick it up at my lgs, I'll probably make another thread with some pics.
>>
>>34618971
I think this doesn't deserve it's own thread.
>>
>>34618971
Neat enjoy. Strange first pistol, what made you go for it?
>>
>>34619004
A long time ago, I had an airsoft Sig p230. A couple weeks ago I wondered how much real ones cost, since I liked the look of it. Ended up browsing all types of .380 pistols, and when I saw the Cheetah, I had to have one. It's just a slick and sexy gun. I have 2 Mec Gar mags on the way as well.
>>
Also the fact that it's a double stack definitely sold me.
>>
>>34618971
It's pretty odd that full-sized .380 pistols still exist (makes sense for countries that ban 'military calibers') but it seems like a fun pistol.
>>
I've actually been thinking about picking one of these up for my girlfriend because of the lighter recoil. I'd be interested to hear how it shoots for you.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (170KB, 1413x891px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
170KB, 1413x891px
>>34619135
It's old and used. A lot of these pistols, especially the BB (which is what I got) and F models, are police trade-ins from Europe. Mine was manufactured in 1987 according to the serial number.

Beretta still makes certain models of the cheetah though, including the 84FS.

I'm also thinking of getting some smooth wood grips like these which are on a lot of the original police models.

>>34619170
Keep a lookout, I'll be making a thread when it arrives. Sadly it probably won't ship until Monday.
>>
I love .380 pistols. I bet those shoot pretty simple. Little recoil with a full grip and steel frame.
>>
>>34618971
You got a good deal, throw some new grips on and she'll look good as new. Full size .380s have always been a guilty pleasure of mine and want to snag a cheetah too some day

>>34618977
>I think this doesn't deserve it's own thread.
Newfags trying to be oldfags. So hot right now.
>>
>>34619170

Might be lighter recoil but if she's not strong I doubt she'll be able to rack the slide. These tend to be on the stiff end.

I bought a Beretta 81 years ago (the gun from Scarface in .32 ACP. More uncommon than the 84 but damn I love it, plus Tony Montana used it so that makes me a fuckin' gangsta for using one too.
>>
>>34619170

I have an 85fs, which is chrome/wood with a single stack .380

Slide is hard as fuck to rack. Other than that, it's a pretty cool gun
>>
>>34618971
>spending over $250 on an obsolete full size pistol in .380
You dun goofed. You could have gotten a brand new PX4 Storm in 9mm for $375 shipped.
>>
>>34620087
Yeah but this pistol has so much character. I didn't really buy it for practicality, although .380 is still a valid self defence round if it comes down to it.
>>
>>34619678
cdisales on gunbroker has gobs of these for under $330. Sadly not many in this good of condition, but some are close
>>
File: be skeptical.jpg (58KB, 938x477px) Image search: [Google]
be skeptical.jpg
58KB, 938x477px
>>34618971
>>34619678
>first pistol
>oldfag
>>
>>34619958
I've got the same but blued and it is hard as fuck to get a grip on the small slide. Shoots like a dream though. Great gun op , steel frame .380 = fun to shoot
>>
>>34620087
But he has a beretta and that's just a shitty Px whatever shit
>>
>>34620169
he's calling >>34618977 a newfag you dumb fuck
>>
>>34620219
>Px whatever shit
You mean the Beretta PX4 Storm? That's a Beretta too.

>>34620101
If "character" is code word for wear and tear, sure. But the PX4 actually has modern space gun design aesthetics.
>>
>>34620573
It has the aesthetic of looking like a plastic toy. I'm not denying it's a good gun, I just think the 84 is sexy af. And you can still get new 84s btw. The one I bought is in very good condition.
>>
I have an 85 fs. I wish the trigger was a little lighter and the reset not as long, but it's still a good gun.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.