[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boots?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: 1495318892054.jpg (18KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1495318892054.jpg
18KB, 375x500px
Can anyone give me some good suggestions for a new pair of boots? They would be mainly used for route marching, long range patrolling, hill walking and general ground related shit. Im in Europe so water proofing is a must since alot of the terrain in question is boggy as fuck, and ankle support because boggy hills suck cock. Also they preferably have to be black unfortunately. Thanks in advance /k/. Pic unrelated.
>>
File: IMG_0069.jpg (62KB, 600x632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0069.jpg
62KB, 600x632px
>>34618186
I cannot give you a suggestion due to the keks I'm receiving from that pic.
>>
File: IMG_0070.jpg (41KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0070.jpg
41KB, 375x500px
>>34618186
>>
>>34618186
Saloman Quest 4D 2 GTX
Rocky S2V
>>
salomon quest 4d gtx forces
Gore Tex and comfy as fuck
>>
>>34618186
Atac sleet 8" make sure they are the ones that are lined up to the top for waterproof operations
>>
>>34618186
>Send girl a pic of me wearing a gas mask like that because I thought it was badass
>She laughs and calls me a gimp

Now I realize why
>>
>>34618186
>>>34609734
>>
Waterproof boots will only be detrimental to your feet when walking OP, nothing wrong with getting a little wet, just gotta handle it.
>>
>>34618356
>>34618186
quick someone id that van we need a new mememachine.
>>
>>34618186
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Merrell-reg-Mens-Reflex-Waterproof-All-Leather-Mid-Hikers/1606099.uts?productVariantId=3362636&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=03603401&rid=20&gclid=CjwKCAjwzMbLBRBzEiwAfFz4gXxF-8fndeGeyvR1edGO6hfBFJdXSjR-P1h1fbO2qcusU76I3x4pSxoCSk8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

These are comfy, and don't make you look autistic.
>>
File: Timbs.jpg (97KB, 800x570px) Image search: [Google]
Timbs.jpg
97KB, 800x570px
>>34618186
Bruh...
>>
>>34618186
Garmonts aren't too shabby.
>>
>>34619017
t. us army vietnam era
>>
>>34618186
Vasque
>>
File: 1460389614307.jpg (1MB, 1874x3488px) Image search: [Google]
1460389614307.jpg
1MB, 1874x3488px
>>
Is the Dodge caravan the greatest vehicle ever concieved by man?
>>
>>34618186
Thanks lads
>>
>>34620903
OooooKKK...so I'm a newfag. I bought a pair of Keen boots last Fall. Never wore them but would like to this fall/winter. How do I "brake them in?"

This is a serious question. I am not a camper and don't plan on going "innawoods" for long periods of time, but expect to be felling some trees, and chopping wood. Old fashion like. I did this last year using a pair of Columbia hiking shoes. Obviously, I do not venture too far, but I would like to as I have 110 acres of land.

Have been contemplating running some trails with camp sites or cabins in various parts. As it is now, just have a trail the pretty much goes the entire border
>>
Lowa. The task force (military/police) range will have exactly what you want.

I liked the Patrol boot, as I'm not a fan of goretex.
>>
>>34622571

I worked at famous footwear for five years. If the shit is not comfy when you put it on, then it's a shit fit and you should not wear it.

Also buy shoes, boots, what ever at the end of the day. The reason being is cause your foot is swollen by then (Even if you're a skinny or fit fag, your foot still swells) this will help to ensure the best fit for you.
>>
Thanks for the help guys, will go through all these soon when I got time.
>>
Oboz. I'm wearing the Sawtooth in mixed subtropical terrain and hills and they're doing pretty well.
Most of the best ones are listed but for reference, Oboz, Danners, Saloman, Vasque, Lowa, and Keen are the ones I've used. Do not buy Keen's that are not made in the USA. Do not waste your time on Merrell's, both Keen and that company started just making garbage fashion shoes with Vietnamese sweat shops. I was a major Keen fan and they shit all over us. Saloman's can be pretty stout, if you need heavy Goretex that's a good choice. I hear good things about Red Wings still. Timberland's are some of the saddest boots I've ever tried on. They are basically for construction workers and posers and none of them seem like they're designed for actual walking or heavy use.
>>
>>34621498
Yes
>>
File: miendl_desert_boots_safari.jpg (42KB, 526x506px) Image search: [Google]
miendl_desert_boots_safari.jpg
42KB, 526x506px
>>34618186
they make black ones too
>>
>>34622571
If you're just working, it probably doesn't matter. If you expect to do a long hike, wear them day to day and try a hike once to see how it works. Also
>>34622639
True for modern boots.
>>
>>34622571
Break in for normal hiking boots typically takes a week to two weeks. Start off wearing them around the house for a couple hours each time, then wear them doing housework/running errands, and finally take em on a small day hike to test em out. After the hike its up to you to decide if you need to break em in more or if they're good to go. Ive always went by this and never had an issue. This only applies for synthetic materials though. Tough leather boots can take up to a month.
>>
>>34621498
The car in the OP pic is a ford focus station wagon. Which is a pretty good car.

I can tell by the tail light, and also by the inside vent and gauge cluster cover.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.