[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

apologize to the pmag rite nao

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: pmag win.png (184KB, 573x699px) Image search: [Google]
pmag win.png
184KB, 573x699px
daily reminder that magpul is unstoppable
>>
>>34616669
if you read the article you see that the USMC used defective guns and ammo in the test. It's typical Marine BS, trying to make the Army look bad by any means necessary.
>>
I still have mags with black followers.
>>
>>34616673
http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=1072

apologize
>>
>>34616705
green follower USGI, not modern.
>>
Enjoy your cracked feed lips and top rounds binding.
>>
>>34616673
>At least three of the weapons experienced light primer strikes, at least one weapon had problems with its trigger not resetting, and several weapons experienced stuck cases – all malfunctions that have nothing to do with the magazines themselves. Having said that, even adjusted for these malfunctions, the PMag still performed the best out of all the magazines tested.
>>
>>34616669
L A N C E R S
A
N
C
E
R
S
>>
>>34616779
This desu
>>
>>34616779
Yep, this. Lancers are GOAT
>>
>>34616779
The feed lips being separate pieces from the mag body on those worries me. I feel like long term the lips will fall out and all the rounds will spill out or something.

I'm sure that's dumb and unlikely, but I'll stick with mostly usgi style mags for now. I bought some gen 2 pmags and loaded them up to 25 rds each and will check on them every year for the rest of my life and see how they hold up long term, which should be interesting.
>>
Wait wasn't the EPM designed for the new type of ammo so that it doesn't chew up the feed ramps of the rifles?
>>
>>34616766
So they just don't wanna let go of their precious pmags?
>>
There is nothing wrong with tan follower usgi.

Green and black work fine too. Nothing a tap on your helmet can't fix.
>>
>>34616779
All of my this.
>>
File: ulRd3V0.jpg (2MB, 5088x3840px) Image search: [Google]
ulRd3V0.jpg
2MB, 5088x3840px
>>34617026
>The feed lips being separate pieces from the mag body on those worries me. I feel like long term the lips will fall out and all the rounds will spill out or something.

Don't they literally fuse the material to the polymer so that's impossible?
>>
>>34618770
tan follower and older mags do not feed M855A1 at a steep enough angle which can lead to feed ramp damage
>>
>>34618935
M856 tracer have this problem? Is it the exposed hard steel tip?
>>
>>34616673
>pmag vs epm test
>pmag made an old worn out m4 perform nearly like a new rifle

GUISE ITS JUST THE MARINES TRYING TO MAKE DEH ARMY LOOK BAD!!!
>>
>>34619007
The steel tip, I think its an exaggerated issue but then again military rifles see very high round counts.
>>
File: pmag_epm_only magazine failures.png (497KB, 989x1492px) Image search: [Google]
pmag_epm_only magazine failures.png
497KB, 989x1492px
Who was Vendor B?
>>
File: brokenp-mags[1].jpg (154KB, 1000x474px) Image search: [Google]
brokenp-mags[1].jpg
154KB, 1000x474px
>>34616669

They ought to be considering that for awhile it was a biannual event to replace all your Pmags.
>>
>>34616669
Clips
>>
>>34619850
>guys gen 3 pmags are the same as gen 2
>>
>>34618503
That'd make sense.

If it's been designed to cycle the new m855a1 which has that hardened steel core and tip, which as said, is destroying feed ramps, then the magazine definitely did terribly if it caused malfunctions while trying to address the core issue of the new ammunition.

The PMAGs might have had fewer issues, but if they didn't stop the issue trying to be addressed then it doesn't matter and the military is forced to stick with regular m855 and not the version they stuck a cool couple million into.
>>
>>34618847
As opposed to doing it figuratively?
>>
>>34617026
If you saw how they were put together, you wouldn't worry about this.
>>
My cousin gave me a bunch of magazines. Many have green followers. Are they complete shit? I'm just glad I got some free shit(college poorfag) and don't want to just ditch it if so. Could I swap out followers if it is a issue?
>>
>>34616669
Haven't bothered with the EPM and don't care. I use a mix of gen 3 pmags and HK steel mags for work and Lancer, Hex, and Pmag for fun.

Honestly I've never really had any issues with the above. Even with the old school green followers I've only had occasional misfeeds.
>>
>>34621903
Probably, I just have so many usgi ones I have no reason to shell out for some Lancers.
>>
>>34621994

If they're usgi just replace the follower with a non tilt on. The USGI shell is more reliable then any plastic mag ever will be
>>
>>34620363
Yes. They are newer and haven't had as much time to fail
>>
>drop lancer mag
>it fucking breaks
>>
haven't had any problems with the tan follower USGI.
>>
>>34623277
Those are the best USGI mags you can get now, the legacy mags were green followers.
>>
File: ienoz8.jpg (202KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ienoz8.jpg
202KB, 1024x768px
>>34623306

GOAT coming through.
>>
3:08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsTaMCk6QQ0&spfreload=10
>>
>>34623380
>clips
>>
>>34623204
>I will dodge the difference in material used
>I will pretend they are not old enough to fail in an identical manner to the gen 2's pictured
>>
>>34621994
Green followers are an early anti-tilt, if you are concerned just replace them with magpul followers and never look back.
>>
>>34618935
>>34619007

>M855A1 a shit

such a garbo round. lmao, army is retarded, so many issues, less accurate, less terminal effect, 'muh lead free'
>>
>>34616751
Wild Bill Hickok unloaded and loaded his cap and ball revolvers every single day because he didint trust that moisture had not gotten into the powder charge, that a percussion cap had become damaged, etc. and he was a better killer than any random grunt
professional soldiers can rotate mags, down-load, etc if it means being combat effective.
>>
>>34626714
>I know nothing but feel like I have to share my opinion
>>
>>34618633
The test was to show how pmag compared to epm in both brand new and worn out guns, the older mags and tango down mags were to give context. Pmags blew the other three out of the water.
>>
>>34616673

>Retards on /k/ actually believe this

day/k/are is borderline /pol/ at best and /b/ at absolute worst.
>>
>>34616669
>30 dollar steel lined ak pmags
get the fuck outta here with your bullshit.
Other than that their (Magpul) products are great
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.