[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beretta 93R

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: 93.jpg (46KB, 550x398px) Image search: [Google]
93.jpg
46KB, 550x398px
I'm want to make a (semi-auto) 93R replica out of a 92 and I'm looking for any 93R pictures and information you might have. I'm not really looking to go into too much detail about the build right now, I'm just looking for information. Suffice it to say that I do have SOME real 93R parts and I WILL be using them and building SOMETHING even if the result is less than perfect. It will at least be a 92 with a front grip and frame safety. Detailed pictures would be great, including pictures of the correct markings. Were the frames on all 93Rs made of aluminum? I think so.
>>
>>34616659
It's really not the same gun at all, but good luck
>>
>>34616663

Of course it's not, what kind of comment is that? Are you claiming that is impossible to do? Like I said, just looking for information. If all you have to offer is negative statements then you are wasting your time. LIKE I SAID, even if it turns out to be a modded 92 rather than any kind of replica, that is fine. However, that is not the goal.
>>
>>34616659
Dunno where the hell you're going to find 93R parts in the U.S. They didn't make many 93Rs in the 14 years they were made.
>>
File: 93r2.jpg (116KB, 736x1063px) Image search: [Google]
93r2.jpg
116KB, 736x1063px
>>34616838

I have the REAL front grip and related parts. Some parts will have to be made from scratch. Again, I'm not looking to get bogged down in the detains here. I have ideas for the general way it needs to be built but I need details.
>>
>>34616659
There are a couple transferable 93r clones that were built and registered using a Taurus receiver. Using a PT-92 frame and modifying beretta parts would probably be the easiest route.
>>
>>34616939
That's cool.

Personally, If I was doing a 93R clone I would build it around a 92SB than a 92FS.
>>
>>34616963

Any particular reason to go with an SB? It is more period correct but would need more material added than the 92A1. I'm still open to the idea.
>>
>>34617004
Cause the SB has a rounded trigger guard.
>>
File: 92sb.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
92sb.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>>34617012

The trigger guard will have to be redone completely on either gun. I'm going all the way with the build, I'm not leaving stock trigger guards. I will have a custom piece machined. I still think you might be correct. If I'm adding the trigger guard I might as well add the dust cover material in the same manner.
>>
>>34616659
Getting a frame that looks the part is probably the hardest part. Not sure where you could find one with an elongated trigger guard, kinda doubt anyone makes them.
>>
>>34617040

The frame will have to be heavily customized with a custom trigger guard and other details. It's not going to be as easy as just assembling parts.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>34617012
So does my 92a1
>>
>>34617058
Look for demilled frames or find a machinist that could fabricate the trigger guard/foregrip and splice it into a 92 frame.
>>
File: IMG_6092.jpg (37KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6092.jpg
37KB, 360x480px
>>34617120
Forgot pic
>>
>>34617089
>find a machinist that could fabricate the trigger guard/foregrip and splice it into a 92 frame

That is the idea, although it might be two different people, a machinist and a welder.
>>
>>34617132

Not a real 83R frame, is it?! Finding one of those would be next to impossible.
>>
File: IMG_6093.jpg (38KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6093.jpg
38KB, 480x480px
>>34617168
That was a real 93 frame. They get demilled and sold as parts kits just like surplus AKs. The only difference is that 93 parts kits are quickly grabbed up by SOT holders. Pic related sold for $8k
>>
>>34617233
I would kill for a kit but sadly there is about a 0% chance of me finding one. I found the source of the pic, not you is it? Because I'm about to message the guy to see if he has ANY leads or info.
>>
>>34617255
That's not my pic, I just found it when searching. You might want to talk to some of the 93 aficionados on sturmgewehr. Just getting the dimensions alone would go along way with a skilled machinist.
>>
>>34617346
Will do, I really thought it was hopeless but maybe some other parts ARE floating around. Like you said, even dimensions are helpful.
>>
>>34616659
>93r has safety in the perfect spot behind the fire selector, making the slide less ugly
>92 has the safety still on the slide
I've handled an airsoft 93r and that safety is fucking nice desu
>>
>>34617387
>I've handled an airsoft 93r and that safety is fucking nice desu

I have one and the safety on an airsoft 93R is not great, it's a little lever behind the fire selector. A real frame mounted safety selector is better, like the kind found on the Taurus guns and expensive special edition Berettas.
>>
>>34617373
It's not hopeless but it is going to take a lot of time, effort, and money. Personally, I would get the dimensions for the entire trigger guard/fire grip area, have a machinist fabricate the front end, splice it onto an old PT-92 (w/o the decocker), and fit it with a 92D slide. I don't think it can get much simpler than that.
>>
>>34617532

I thought about going that route but just changed my mind recently and I'm not going to build on a Taurus. I know their 92s are actually good guns but I would rather pay for the safety conversion (around $300) on the Beretta if I'm going that far. The goal is to be as correct as possible, otherwise I might as well just throw a front grip on the Taurus rail and call it good.
>>
>>34617004
I wouldnt. He's gonna need to start with a 92D slide if he wants a slab sided gun, and he's still gonna need to add that M14 style lip onto the slide
>>
>>34618665
I'm not sure what you mean by "M14 style lip". These are two different issues, which frame and which slide.The 92D slide is a good slide option but as long as it will function on the 92SB then it does not matter. The exact slide might not matter anyway if I'm able to cover it in a permanent "slide shroud". That is the plan.

I had a long post typed out with more details about the build but then I thought that it might be best to keep it simple.
>>
File: beretta_93r_profile.jpg (98KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
beretta_93r_profile.jpg
98KB, 480x720px
>>34618751
See that step in the slide. That's what I'm talking about. The regular 92D can be bought dirt cheap pretty easily and converted to DA/SA or SAO for $20 without worrying about the levers at all. It is possible to convert the frame or another 92 frame to a 1911/Steel/Combat/Taurus style safety and Josh at Allegheny Gun Works does this all the time.

The trigger guard isn't much of an issue since it's gonna need to be cut an fabbed anyway. The 93R just has little subtleties that make building one a butch if you don't have one to compare to a 92. 10 years ago I would had more info on this because I had the same dream, but that was many laptops ago
>>
>>34618837
Yeah, I knew about the slide protrusion. I will likely end up using a 92D slide but the 92D frame is actually worse to start with when compared to either the 92SB or even 92A1.

92D frame = no benefits
92 SB = comes with correct front strap, correct early mag release and has a smoother texture like the 93R.
92A1 = Has more metal on the dust cover that can be milled down to match the 93R dust cover with just a little filling needed. Not a huge deal, but something.

It seems to me that the SB frame is best. The best slide is probably the 92D slide. Why not both?
>>
>>34618751
I'm not sure what exactly you have in mind for the "slide shroud" but you're better off getting a 92d slide. Beretta doesn't have the greatest track record when it comes to slides and faces, and that slide shroud doesn't sound like it's going to improve that.
>>
>>34619026
>I'm not sure what exactly you have in mind for the "slide shroud"

I can describe it.

1. Mill the original slide to have flatter surfaces that are easier to replicate.
2. Mill a new piece of steel to have those same dimensions on the INSIDE so it fits on the modified slide.
3. Mill the outside of the this piece of steel to match a 93R slide
4. Sit that piece of steel over the old slide and plug weld it.

It's just an idea. no one is making custom 92 slides so there are limited options. Yes, I might end up having to settle for a 92D slide. We will see.

As far as safety, the heavier weight should slow down the slide and might actually improve that problem and reduce wear and tear. If I'm honest, I don't think I would shoot it with that slide very often anyway. It depends on which slide produces less recoil. Also, the slide issue is overblown. I believe the newer guns are designed specifically to prevent them flying off but I would have to read about it again.
>>
File: 1328428947852.gif (2MB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1328428947852.gif
2MB, 250x187px
>>34616659
Godspeed anon, they're fucking beautiful guns.

I blame BF:BC2 for this unrequited love.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.