[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /k, give me your opinion. People who have used it, the people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: Rk62 modern.jpg (137KB, 1024x652px) Image search: [Google]
Rk62 modern.jpg
137KB, 1024x652px
So /k, give me your opinion. People who have used it, the people who have used othe guns and the fat useless sissy shits who only read about guns.
>>
>>34616614
It's a Finnish AK.
>>
The RK62?
I wielded and liked it during my 6 month mil service. At least my #624356 dropped targets past 300 meters without any issues, and I'd never handled a firearm before. Won me some neat extra day-off points. It's as simple and realible as the best AK can be, even better in some ways even. No matter that my gun was like 30 years old, and no matter how much I mistreated it, it never failed me.

I've later on acquired my own little arsenal of various rifles and shotguns, and I must say that with a hindsight, the quality and smoothness of the RK cannot be understated. Some could argue that the diopter-sights, one reason for their great accuracy, would be kinda unwieldy in a firefight, but that "problem" is being remedied now with the 62-M upgrade, that makes using optics and other accessories easier.
>>
>>34616614
It's a generic off-brand AK, I don't get the hype. If Saiga made a full auto, or century, it'd be the same
>>
>>34616614
Finnish is known for its accuracy. It can shoot the wings off from a fly from 600 meters and it is vastly superior to any other assault rifle because it has been folded over 600 times.
>>
>>34616639
>>34616699
>t: never handled one before
only after I got my "normal AK" did I understand how many small yet effective changes and improvements the Valmet actually has.

Also, only the mags are interchangeable between RKs and AKs.
>>
>>34616738
I've shot a pre-ban Rk 62 76 in 5.56mm. Didn't really feel any different or handle than the SLR-107FR I own.
>>
>>34616738
The handguard makes it harder to clean, but it's a normie-tier tacticool AK aside from that
>>
>>34616738
Is this really how retards think? Like when everyone says that SCARs are simply AR18s in extruded receivers for example, do fools take this as meaning that the internal components are totally interchangeable? Of course you can just drop an RK bolt in an AK, that doesn't mean it not an AK. SMDH
>>
>>34616738
This. I used it through my military service and even tough it was old and seen plenty of use it was accurate and worked flawlesly. Now I myself own a Saiga and you can't even compare those two.

RK62 is a good assault rifle, and in my option one of the best of 7,62x39 AK variants.
>>
>>34616753
Can't comment on civvie import models, but the small things, like right-leaning magazine release paddle, easily pulled out gas tube, the minor upwards tilt at the mag-well area... etc, do improve the handling notably. Not to mention they're milled rifles.
>>
>>34616808
The 76 is stamped.
>>
I'm American and I own a 62.

It's okay.
>>
>>34616829
The one I had in 08 definitely wasn't. Same with RK95
And it's my understanding that the Army only did a small batch of stamped RKs, but weren't pleased with their reliability.
>>
>>34616614

Asks opinions from people who have used it and posts photo of 7.62 RK 62M rifle, which at the moment is prototype project at limited field-testing stage. It is like you do not want any actual answers.

Why not post photo of 7.62 RK 62 or 7.62 RK 95 TP?
>>
>>34616891
Then that's just an Rk 62 you had.
>>
>>34616894

The TP is shit and was discontinued. In the meantime, the 62's will have been modernized.
>>
>>34616685

May I provide a minor correction. RK 62 does not have diopter sights - it has a peep rear sight and front sight with a post inside globe.
>>
File: Kalevala.png (163KB, 341x475px) Image search: [Google]
Kalevala.png
163KB, 341x475px
SUOMI
E B I N
B
I
N
BERGELE :DDD
>>
>>34616904
It had the M76 furniture and was dated 1988. Sounds unlikely.

>>34616922
They certainly called it a diopter in the training and in the books during our time. Might be a local language thing too.
>>
>>34616753

The rifle you used may have had AK-style sight arrangement - Valmet manufactured several versions of RK 62 based semiauto-only rifles. Also some versions of these Valmet rifles made for civilian market had stamped receivers - while Finnish military rifles are with milled receivers.
>>
File: camocamo.jpg (185KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
camocamo.jpg
185KB, 500x750px
>>34616932

Ebin

Also,

>Kenttähuolto selällään tulen alla
>>
>>34616829
The stamped received version called 7.62 RK 62-76 was manufactured by Valmet in late 1970's, but proved a disappointment durability & repair-capability wise and was never issued with wide scale. Sako never stopped making its RK 62 with milled receivers and also Valmet returned in using milled receivers.
>>
>>34617087
I know that the 62 76 was an export only gun.
>>
>>34616909
What are you smoking and can I get some? 7.62 RK 95 TP is still very much in active use, but due to limited numbers is concentrated to certain military units only. Based to personal observations in local FDF base week ago.
>>
>>34617121
not him, but that's pretty much what he meant, most likely. Only one batch of RK95s was ever created, and those rifles are quickly being used to death. Which is the exact reason why there has already been simple "modernization" attempts on RK62 variants in the past, slapping 95's folding stocks and side-mounts on 'em, already a decade ago.

As a side note, there was none (0) RK-95s in the brigade I served.
>>
File: Diopter_sight_picture.jpg (37KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
Diopter_sight_picture.jpg
37KB, 768x768px
>>34616941

Must have been told by alikeisari or koksu with no actual previous experience about firearms? While I have only been involved with the stuff for quarter of a century and have been instructing in MPK their use for the last decade or so.

The thing is that diopter front sight has diopter inserts and typically these inserts come with holes of various size in middle of them - the basic idea is that that hole in front sight should provide a sight picture in which it is slightly larger than the black section in middle of target.

Attached: Sight picture with diopter sights.
>>
>>34617103

Not really. The ones exported were known as Valmet 76 and semiauto only guns almost all of which went to export, while 7.62 RK 62-76 were obviously select-fire and were never exported. Considering their problems 762 RK 62-76 were likely either stored for war-time use only or scrapped at some point.
>>
>>34617227
No no no...
just the REAR sight is called a "diopter", being a tiny-ass, really miniature hole on a plate that the rear sight device is, through which your eye focuses amazingly well when aiming through it properly.

But like said, there kinda is no proper counter part for the term "peep sight" in Finnish, yet the RK95 has much more peep-sight style rear sight.
>>
>>34617155
This, excpet that the stocks are not really folding , just adjustable. Folding ones were a bit shit,
>>
>>34617155

As noted RK 95 are now concentrated to some units only. Educated guess is that their biggest current user may be Kaartin Jääkärirykmentti, which commonly uses them also with ACOG.
>>
>>34617285
No mate, they have literally slapped on those folding skeleton stocks of RK95TPs on top of old RK62/76 models in the past. I still got some old photos stored up on my external HD.

the currently ongoing 62M project is a totally different thing.

>>34617308
Kainuu also has them, but only used by specific units, such as rangers.
>>
>>34617342
>No mate, they have literally slapped on those folding skeleton stocks of RK95TPs on top of old RK62/76 models in the past. I still got some old photos stored up on my external HD

Yup - that is old news and a totally separate project from RK 62M. World is that at least some RK 62 with folding butt from RK 95 got issued to MP's - possibly to replace folding butt RK 62 TP that they had been earlier issued at least in some places.
>>
Damn i want to buy one now
>>
>>34617342
>No mate, they have literally slapped on those folding skeleton stocks of RK95TPs on top of old RK62/76 models in the past.

No mate, the stocks on the 95 were never moved on the 62 in tha same capacity. recruits are shit with them, ergo they put better ones on.
>>
>>34617442
you just need 2000€ + tip.
>>
>>34617273
>No no no...
>just the REAR sight is called a "diopter

Which would misuse of the term or the particular person was trying to invents his own special vocabulary - sloppy...

Rynnäkkökiväärin käsikirja (1985) page 19, section 4. Ominaisuudet ja tekniset tiedot (Characteristics and technical info):
..."Aseessa on reikätähtäimet päiväkäyttöön ja tritiumlampuilla varustetut avotähtäimet pimeäkäyttöä varten"...
>>
File: rk62 tp.jpg (118KB, 1200x647px) Image search: [Google]
rk62 tp.jpg
118KB, 1200x647px
>>34617464
>No mate, the stocks on the 95 were never moved on the 62 in tha same capacity.
Not in same capacity and quantity, no.
However, it has happened. Obviously 62M will replace all these makeshift updates sooner or later.
>>
>>34617466
How about 1.5k and a cookie
>>
>>34617577
you may get the original box where the rifle came in. Perhaps.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.