[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prep thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 13

Couldn't help but notice that we didn't have one.

Here's something I've just saw on another board. If the value of money really is always going down and the price of food really is always going up, is there ever any good reason to not prep?
>>
Money spent on one prep could be spent on another, literally the only downside.
>>
>>34614023
Just spend 200 bucks on a shit ton of cans of ravioli and green beans. 50 bucks on gallons of water in the thick plastic jugs. And 50 bucks on 3 gallon ziploc seal bags and rice.

You are now good to go for 3 months of survival if shit happens.
>>
>>34614023
I'd start by getting some water storage. You can get 7 or 8 gallon jugs from Walmart for like $12 a pop. Means to purify water too. Beans/ rice, then go from there
>>
I try to keep some of this on hand but also buy flats of canned goods that we eat regularly. That way fewer trips to the store and its on hand should you need it.
>>
>>34614023
No. I remember during the 2008 crash my parents telling me and my sister that we might have to cut back on things like frozen pizza. And I believe the price of food has increased like 2% per year for the last 10 years. That and food has literally never been cheaper in human history. Ergo, but low sell high.
That is an extremely sound investment and people are fooling themselves if they think it isn't.

Also, r8 my "preps", and how long you think this food should last me. I just recently got into "prepping", so I only have a vague idea of what I should be doing.

Stock:

Food: (not including general use)
47 lbs of rice
13 lbs of beans
24 cans of soup
7 cans of fruit
2 lbs of sugar
48 servings of ramen
2 cans of salt
1 jar of honey
2 bottles of hot sauce
1 jar of peanut butter
4 weeks of patriot supply
29 servings of mountain house
2 boxes of pasta
5 containers of spices
4 packages of boat rations
1 can of oats

Drinks: (not including general use)
8 gallons of water

General items: (not including general use, BOB, & car)
109 lighters
50 waterproof matches
6 80 hour candles
4 rolls of toilet paper
900 matches
1 respirator
2 filters
1 pair of impact resistant goggles
2 rolls of 45 yard duct tape
1 box cutter
3 bottles of super glue
200 water purification tablets
6 bars of soap
2 gallons of bleach
10 1 gallon sized ziplock bag
10 red chem lights
9 green chem lights
10 razors
2 cans of shaving cream
1 can of sunscreen
2 bottles of shampoo

Ammo: (not including mags and guns)
5.56: 7,451
.22lr: 1,756
9mm: 1,400 (double check)
.380: 250
7.62x54r: 142
12 gauge birdshot: 75
.25auto: 50
.22rs: 20
7.62x39: 20
12 gauge slug: 10
12 gauge buck: 5
16 gauge slug: 1
Total: 11,780
>>
>>34614268
>47 lbs of rice
That alone would last me half a year.
>>
>>34614330
Isn't 25lbs of rice combined with beans supposed to last the average person 3 months?
I was going for a 6 month supply, lol.
>>
>>34614369
I'm a student in the UK, my only meals are breakfast and dinner. I've had no issues when I've only used 125g of rice per dinner (rice being the only carb on the plate).
>>
>>34614268
>2 gallons of bleach
Jeez man, there's better ways then that.
>>
>>34614023
i have a single bullet for my prepping.
>>
>>34614268
>only 2 bottles of hot sauce
Filthy Anglo detected
>>
>>34614023
Im 18 and dont have a lot of spending money.

My prep is literally an oiled sks with 1500 rounds of ammo + 40 lbs of rice and iodine for water purification (Canada so water is plentiful)

Im fucked arent I

How do I prep as a poorfag
>>
>>34614374
25lbs/90 days
.27lbs/1day
122g/1day
So that's actually about the same, lol.
>>34614376
Can't tell if you're talking about suicide or water purification.
>>34614400
>It's also only Texas Pete hot sauce
flavor > heat
Stay mad
>>
>>34614409
Dollar store. Assuming they have dollar stores in Canada.
>>
File: images-10.jpg (7KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
images-10.jpg
7KB, 194x259px
I just keep a bottle of this around
>>
>>34614377
>>34614464
Where's your fighting spirit anons?
what about duh habbening?
>>
>>34614475
I have no life outside work and the internet.
A nation wide collapse would bring the end to everything I know and care about
>>
>>34614514
Get some friends, in your area if you can.
And repair your relationship with your family.
Then start dating.
>>
File: IMG_20170721_173327.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170721_173327.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
>>34614116
>50 bucks on gallons of water in the thick plastic jugs.

Wait, you bought water?

Why didn't you just buy empty jugs and fill them with your tap water?

>>34614023
Anyway, I would recommend to stock up on oats.

They have a lot of advantages over other foods
>high in kcal
>high in protein
>very cheap
>can sit 2 years without a fridge
>not salted so you don't need to drink extra water if you eat them

100 grams if the stuff is 14 grams of protein and 359 kcal and 1 kilo of the stuff is only 1 dollar where I live.
>>
>>34614532
My relationship with my family is fine, I just don't value it. I've experienced too many losses of family to keep attached.
I can't date because I still live at my parents
>>
>>34614560
>3120x4160

Why does my phone take such large pictures?
>>
>>34614560
>He drinks mind control fluoride juice
>>
>>34614560
Fucking this.
I eat oatmeal for breakfast every day
>>
>>34614400
>filthy anglo detected
Filthy monkey detected. Or you're a beaner, either way you shouldn't call those better than you filthy, silly
>>
>>34614560
/fit/ here. Can confirm that oats are god tier. Don't even need cooking.
>>
>>34614456
Thats not a bad idea,thanks

What stuff should I actually spend a lot of money on?
>>
Question for you guys. I want to invest in a physical commodity, I was thinking gold, but I know I will have a hard time buying it and probably an even harder time trading/selling it if the shit hits the fan. So what do you think about getting bricks of .22 for trading?
>>
>>34615062
Sounds like a good idea to me anon. Learn when your local Wal-Mart restocks ammo and buy as much as you can each time.
>>
>>34615062
Any type of currency will quickly lose value in a SHTF situation.

Your best bet will be to stock up on items that are cheap now but more or less essential for modern life. A survivor from the Bosnian war told reporters that stuff like toilet paper, lighters, cigarettes and medicine became very expensive once the war stared.

He mentioned that stuff like 100 lighters is better to get than 1 methane tank since it's easier to carry the lighters around and trade them since most people have small things to trade with but very few can "buy" a methane tank during a SHTF situation.
>>
>>34615062
Alcohol/cigarettes as they have always been a good trading item
I heard that in post war Berlin, sugar was also quite exchanged
>>
>>34615062
gold protects your wealth against USD. good for currency crash, so long as that doesn't become a complete collapse. if SHTF the paradox of value will temporarily cease to exist and the only thing people will want are food, water, gas, meds, and guns. your shiny metals will be worthless.

also keep in mind ease of concealment and transport. if people lose their food stamps you'll see the greatest chimpout the world has ever seen.
>>
Rice
Water
Oats
Protein powder
Powdered milk
Multivitamins
Sugar
Salt
Instant noodles
Canned soup
Canned beans
Flour
Spices I like

Unfortunately all I have for guns is a marlin 60 and ~2000 .22lr and minimal of the other essentials
>>
File: shtf bosnia.jpg (2MB, 1504x2964px) Image search: [Google]
shtf bosnia.jpg
2MB, 1504x2964px
>>34615027
Rice, beans, a little bleach, lighters, some candles, maybe canned tuna or soup.
Canned vegis and fruits if you're feeling frisky.
With that you'll have a livable diet, a ways to clean water, trade items, heat source.
After you have enough to eat you can move to things like spices, sugar, salt, cooking oil, TP, soap, etc.
Just stockpile shit you already buy and use.

You can buy lighters in bulk off of Amazon for $0.15 each, but I bet they'll go up to $10 a piece in a real emergency.
>pic related
>>34615062
Guns are better than gold because they have a high value, but (average) people will be willing to shell out the money. Silver coins, like "junk dimes" or silver certificates (old dollar bills from before we went fiat) hold a decent value, will increase, and are easy to get rid of in most types of SHTF or just if you need money.
Gold is good in an economic collapse, but only if the market still exists.
But if there's a civil war or some natural disaster, people won't care about accumulating wealth.
I guess that's where your idea of ammo comes in.
Still not a bad idea to get gold, food, guns, and ammo.
Diversify your portfolio, I guess.
>>
>>34615175
>shtf bosnia.jpg
Isn't that a proven fake?
>>
>>34614451

>flavor > heat

So few people think this (obviously superior) way.

>>34614475

Honestly I barely want to live now, living in a world where I have to constantly fight for survival doesn't really appeal to me.

>>34614596

Because that's what you set it to.
>>
>>34615308
No.
The only people that have accused it to be fake is one guy on 4chan.
Who provided no proof at all that anything in the article is fabricated in any way.
Literally just a shit poster who disliked prepping and prepping threads.
>>34615313
>Honestly I barely want to live now
Sounds like you need Jesus.
And a good girlfriend.
One is much easier to find than the other, lol.
>>
>>34615335

Possibly, but Jesus doesn't exist and good girlfriends are all taken so...
>>
>>34615399
If God doesn't exist then neither does morality.
Or purpose for that matter.
But I suppose this isn't a theology thread so we'll just have to agree to disagree.
>>
>>34615446
Because I was responding to you.
>>
>>34615446

Christfags gotta Christ.
>>
>>34615475

He's not me though.
>>
>>34615570
>implying we aren't all Squid
>>
>>34614409
Dollar stores, thrift stores, yard sales, flea markets, and pawn shops.
>>
>>34615062
If you're going to do metal, get silver. Less volatile, easier to turn over in useful amounts. It's not a shtf thing, per se, but will be useful in the unsettled weeks leading up to shtf.

Consumables can't be used as currency. If you're trading consumables you're doing barter. The difference between currency and barter is, barter goods have value. Currency has no value, it represents value. It's a marker.
>>
>>34615308
The jury is still out on that. Go to some of the prepping forums, the consensus tends toward fake. Iirc, there was some Bosnian anon on here (not Muslimbro, he's cancer) who went through that blogpost line by line and pointed out all of the things that weren't right.
>>
>>34614268
>4 rolls of toilet paper
The fuck is wrong with you.
>>
>>34615428
>Morality wouldn't exist without religion
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>34616611
You underestimate the overwhelming size of American toilet paper.
>>
>>34616620
Where does morality come from?
>>
>>34616620
That's an awfully immoral thing to say me atheist
>>
>>34614023
In shit hits the fan, dry food, water, booze, guns, and ammo are better for holding onto value. In terms of booze, strong vodka is best due to being cleaner, thus multipurpose
>>
Learn to hunt and grow your own food. Learn how to cure meat and can/preserve what you grow. Knowing how to do these things will save your life. Always save your seeds!
>>
File: 1280px-Monsanto_logo.svg[1].png (44KB, 1280x411px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Monsanto_logo.svg[1].png
44KB, 1280x411px
>>34619979

Did someone say saving seeds? Our lawyers are sending you a cease and desist order as we speak.
>>
>>34614268
>I just recently got into "prepping", so I only have a vague idea of what I should be doing.

Shtf, regardless of the cause, only impacts your ability to acquire 6 things; food, water, shelter, security, medical care, and communications. Prepping simply means that you have the equipment, supplies, and knowledge to provide those 6 things for yourself when normsl sources break down.

Your current preps are a good starting point. Lose the ramen, it's got the nutritional value of cardboard. Superglue is of limited value, too. Shaving cream is a pointless luxury. All 3 of those things might be useful as trade goods, but you should probably just use them up.

Now, about the chem lights- they have an upside and a downside. The upside is; lightweight, waterproof and floatable, and disposable. Downside; light duration is not that great, relatively short shelf life. I stocked them for years, then reevaluated and got rid of them. I would say, give some deep thought to why you have them.

Add more water to your stocks. Easiest way to do it is just by picking up a few cases of bottled water. Rotate your stock, using the oldest first. Get a new case every time you start using an old one.

Start assembling a set of tools. Learn how to use them. Easiest way is, get a Chilton or Haynes manual for your car. It'll list tools you need for doing the different repairs and maintenance procedures. Learn and do your own car work. You'll save money.

Accumulate a reference library. Books, disks, downloads, infographics, plus whatever else comes your way. The National Academies Press is a great source of free pdf downloads on just about any topic you can imagine. Download some texts on farming and agriculture in the Third World. There's a shitload of good info there.

Build a first aid kit. You don't have any of that stuff listed. Take some basic Red Cross courses so you know how to use what you have. If you can, take the courses and get an EMT cert.
>>
>>34621083

I would point out two things, instead of a chem light, which you pointed out the downsides of, get a hand cranked flashlight. And get a solar panel or two. if you have a house consider mounting them permanently, if not store them someplace so you can pop them out if the power goes out. If you keep them out then you'll save money and maybe get some back, if you don't then you can at least set them out for emergencies.
>>
>>34621189
>And get a solar panel or two. if you have a house consider mounting them permanently,

A couple of years ago, an anon mentioned using solar garden lights. Set them out during the day to charge, bring them in at night to use as lamps or low level area lighting.

Something I've found to be very functional is those pseudo-candles that you can get at the dollar store. They look like a tea candle and throw a comparable amount of light. They usually have a pair of lithium 2032 batteries, which last for about 50 hours. Costco sells an 8 pack assortment for about $15. They take AA batteries, which last for about 200 hours. These work really well as standing lights, dim enough so you can sleep yet bright enough so you can move around if need be. Upside- no fire hazard, no risk of ocygen depletion. Downside- not a heat source, not an ignition source (that works both ways), won't work after immersion.
>>
>>34614023

So what do you guys think;
>bugging in
or
>bugging out?
>>
>>34622666
Depends on a multitude of variables. Any kind of event that doesnt destroy land but still causes social upheaval perhaps resilting in martial law (government/economic collapse, severe race rioting, war on domestic soil, etc.) are cases where bugging in is a nesessity, you should have a rainwater system, ammo, food and weapons at your "homestead", you dont need to go innawoods. If there are disasters that entail mass destruction such as niclear war or natural disasters bugging out is better.

Other variables such as where you live are important too. Suburbs are pretty safe, neighbours should band together and create defence forces and small communities if theyre not wiped out physically. City dwellers and urban areas are fucked because of transportation, massive population size and niggers. Homesteaders are the best off, they already have land on which to survive.

Protip: anyone who doesnt live near a freshwater source and is serious about prepping needs to consider rainwater collection now, city water will go the route of flint and h2o is right below air on hierarchy of needs.
>>
>>34622666
Satanic trips? I think there's only one answer to your predicament.
>>
My trick it to wait for sales:
$1.77 for 24 pack of 16.Xoz spring water.
$1 can of progresso hearty soups
20 lbs rice and same with beans
Watch online prices for mountain house packets or buckets to go very low or heavily on sale

Always, ALWAYS have a powerless 3-5 gallon jug water dispenser ($35). Have 3 jugs. Full if possible. Then have a bottle of clorox bleach.
Throw together a ghetto dollar store/walmart 72/gethome bag. Keep it in your vehicle. If you need more details on the bag, I can go into it.
>>
File: IMG_3049.jpg (75KB, 583x573px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3049.jpg
75KB, 583x573px
>>34614165
>10 quarts cooking oil
That seems like a lot
>>
>>34622859
gotta cook those legumes and jack off somehow, anon.
>>
Now let's begin on multi-use items:

Baking Soda: Cooking, toothpaste, deodorant, get rid of heart burn.
Hydrogen Peroxide: Clean wounds, mouth wash, explosive.
Vinegar: Cleaner, Lice killer.
Borax: washing clothes, ant & roach killer, mice dont like it, cleaner.
Vodka: Get drunk, get others drunk, mix with anything, call people comrade.
>>
What to have otherwise:

Knifes: Morakniv, machete/saw combo.
Guns: Anything that shoots, but Taurus Judge with .45 lc will take care of anything. .22lr means more ammo but less power. 12 gauge is love.
Fire: 1 lighter, 1 box of matches, 1 flint magnesium.
Cooking: 1 outdoor cooking set. Learn to make dakota fires. Rocket stoves out of anything, Esbit pocket stoves.
Communication: Hand crank radio with solar charger, 2x Baofeng UV-5R (get a ham license, cheap), crow whistle. Yes serious on crow whistle. Not only it is less suspicious than normal whistles in a bad situation a person knowing it is you will notice crows gathering at a location.
>>
File: 1490350480015.jpg (16KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
1490350480015.jpg
16KB, 480x300px
>>34614023
sooooooooo this prepper guy I used to follow about 10 years ago who had a lot of great tips and advice for self sufficient living and prepping up and died at the age of 48 I think, and probably left tons oh hidden caches out in his woods. I wonder if he feels like he wasted his time prepping in his final moments on earth? How would you guys feel if the sdhtf and you were stuck with all this gross foods? http://www.survival.com/about/
>>
File: bleach1.jpg (545KB, 700x1212px) Image search: [Google]
bleach1.jpg
545KB, 700x1212px
>>34623071
Naw, he had fun doing it. Hobbies are like that. Yes, prepping should be a hobby not a priority in life. Sadly if SHTF then all food will be gross to many. Salt and pepper can only do so much. learning to grow herbs and other fun items like chives and mint in coffee cups can fix many of the issues in the future.
>>
What's this threads thought on iodine for water purification?
>>
>>34622666

I'm presently living with my parents, we're outside of a suburban town on 5 acres. Bugging in.
>>
>>34622854

Go for it, we're not busy.
>>
>>34623154
It is one of the many good ways.
Probably safer than bleach so you don't poison yourself if you're dumb, but it can only be used for water purification. BUT it will not filter things like a generic filter would, it will only kill bacteria.
I have all three.
>>
>>34622903
Baking soda gets rid of heart burn?
>>
>>34625856
Yes, mix a little with some water. Not the fridge fresh stuff but the real baking soda. Details on google.
>>
How do britbong into SHTF?
Or is there no real hope?..
>>
>>34629602
Stockpile lots of what you already use.
Don't garner attention.
Don't live near muslims.
>>
>>34630291
Same guy.

Stockpiling food (rice/beans/spices/cans) and regular med uses, check..got 2 generators from work, live in a very...open area.

Might be inheriting a mk3 webley air rifle soon, I need info on it, its from an uncle not directly related to me but he wants to pass it to me even though I don't really know the guy but he knows I'm interested in it, shot it for years and had as much fun as a eurocuck can without licences, been told I need a firearms licence to shoot it since it'll be passed onto me and I'm 22, it's apparently over 12ft/lb whatever the fuck that means in eurocuck speak? Since I know shit about funz other than what I've seen from /k/, just need general shtf info for cunts in the UK.

TL;DR:... Europoor Ukuck with no funz and very small amount of supplies, rate my chances of survival in the first 5 minutes of shtf/chimpout?
>>
>>34630951
Well, 2 generators is pretty good, especially if you live in an open area that's not to densely populated.
And I've killed 5 squirrels with my airgun, so I know they're good for small game hunting and pest control.
And I would definitely follow the law regarding the airgun. I live in Maryland which has the toughest carry laws in the states and it's really tempting to just put my gun in my holster and leave, but it's not worth the two felonies.
If you get arrested, you can't defend yourself or your family, so breaking the law doesn't really help you out.
Is there any way you can get some long blunt or bladed weapon. A sword, baseball bat, a hammer, something like that?
>>
>>34614560
You bought empty jugs? Why the fuck didn't you dig them out of the dumpster and wash them?
>>
>>34631128
My grandmother did, uh..to put it bluntly, cheat on my (apparent)? grandfather with a bunch of dudes, I do have a few bayonets and french officer swords or some shit, as I said eurocuck nogunz I honestly don't know, and a few knives, and a god damn kukri from somewhere, she died before I knew she even had them.. Gran was a slut apparently, idk what kinda mix of ukunt I am any more.
>>
>>34631192
lol, well at least something good came from her infidelity.
>>
>>34631128

Any tips? I'd love to live in a place where I can shoot openly without being in some army at some shitty base, can't afford my own land (lol europoor) I know,, work in basic security (no close protection/close security/military experience) only bar/club/pub/festival nothing special) and landscaping (hence the generators, 1 1235 liter tank (petrol 1 1255 diesel tank out back, 3 others, 1 petrol, 2 diesel cause van/strimmer) not sure about their sizes but prob about 1/4th? of the size of the others, all hidden (buried) and nobody but father knows, all full too and only for reserves, but still in a built up area, right near 3 farmers , a van/bus hire, and a local fishing spot and a town so no shooting, (again cause lol loud noises scary euro shit) any ideas where a euro cunt shout move for peace? Not bother about a place, don't mind learning another language.

Born in sconeland, live in haggisland, would love to live in the US but too worried about leaving direct family and work/citizenship for myself and father, to fend for selves, just want some kind of back up plan. Need a real back up plan, something than even after SHTF, I can bug out to somewhere far away.
>>
>>34631234
I guess so, I know she looked after prisoners of war in haggisland, got a carved cigarette box with her name "AGNES" painted across it, got it around my house somewhere.

No idea who she fucked to make my whore of a mother and get the 2 1878 french bayonet/sword things, and 2 marked bayonets but no idea where/what they are, and fuck knows where the kukri came from. Shame she died before I had a real interest in this kind of thing.
>>
>>34631494
Look into getting a crossbow, if you can. You can fabricate extra quarrels out of those sectional fiberglass tent poles that dome tents use.

As far as going far away in shtf, you have 3 choices- leave your family behind, stay with your family, or get your family to move with you.

If you decide to uproot, with or without family, decide now where you're going. Research the place, visit it, and do what you can to insure that you have something waiting there for you when you arrive.
>>
>>34629602
Isn't hunting a valid option in Britain?
>>
>>34624673
Alrighty 72 hour / get home bag items: FYI, this is for all cases of shit goes bad. Stuff can be dumped. Cheap is key and assuming you have good shoes. Some items may not be legal for you.

1. Multitool: Gerber or leatherman. Doesnt have to be to fancy.
2. Knife: Morakniv
3. Gun: Henry .22lr AR-7 Survival with 200+ rounds.
4. Shelter: Go with shower curtain liners, light & cheap.
5. Rope: Twine, Paracord as well.
6. Food: 72 hour rations, I like S.O.S. types.
7. Water: 5-6 bags also SOS type 4.2 FL oz, metal container for water as well. No plastic bottles.
8. Fire: Everything basic, keep in plastic bag.
9. Directions: Map & compass. Make sure the compass works.
10. Medkit: Custom, if SHTF, you gonna get messed up. Tiny bandaids aint gonna do shit.
11. Bugs: You will walk through areas with least amount of people, that means bug spray is absolute.
12. Socks: 2 spares. Trust me on this.

There is more items but this is the basic of a pack.
>>
Medkits for 72 hour or even bugout:

1. Buy a basic set somewhere, judge the size as well for the container or have a custom molle bag and then sort to fit.
2. Add pastes for stopping infections
3. Add pastes for stopping itching
4. Add various pills. anti-diarrhea, pain, fever, sinus, allergy, etc..
5. More wraps. Wraps are required
6. Dental Wax. Yes, Wax. You chip a tooth, you will want it.
7. Sewing kit. Hope to hell you dont need it.
8. Trauma pad. See #7.
>>
>>34631494
Czech republic has pretty good gun laws.
Poland has pretty good immigration laws.
Switzerland has both.
>>
>>34633183
Poland has both, no?
>>
>>34633183
Swiss immigration laws are so good they know to keep out everyone ITT.
>>
>>34634085
Fuck, that's actually true. Sweden then?
>>
>>34635260
Sweden has a massive rapefugee problem and is the worst Scandinavian country. Rape capital of the western world, their crime rate has gone up by a 4-digit percentage since opening their borders and becoming a multicultural country ~40 years ago.

Are you the britbong? Why can't you make your homeland work?
>>
>>34614023
What is opportunity cost you dumb fuck
>>
>>34635260
Sweden is the rape capitol of the west. Stay away from Sweden, lol.
>>34635409
no u
>>
>>34633864
From wikipedia:
"Gun ownership in Poland is regulated by the Weapons and Munitions Act of 21 May 1999, as further amended,[99] which requires a license to own and possess firearms. As a result of very strict controls in the past, gun ownership in Poland is the lowest in the EU, at 1 firearm per 100 citizens.[100] However, the gun laws were relaxed in 2011 and again in 2014. This removed the police discretionary power to refuse a license without explanation.

To obtain a firearms license, the applicant must have no criminal record, undertake a medical and psychological evaluation, prove the ability to safely store firearms, and pass an exam appropriate to their reason for wanting a firearm (administered by the police for self-defense, the Polish Sports Shooting Association for target shooting, or the Polish Hunting Association for hunting). Licenses are valid for 5 years, with checks repeated when renewed.

Hunting license-holders may own two shotguns or rifles, including semi-automatics, with another permit required for each additional firearm up to a total of ten. A collecting permit allows for more weapons, but does not include shooting or ammunition possession. A target-shooting license requires the applicant to possess a valid shooting competition license (by taking part in 2 to 4 ISSF-regulated shooting competitions per year for each category of firearm owned: handgun, rifle and shotgun), and allows carrying a loaded concealed firearm in public. A self-defense license requires proving a "constant, substantial and higher than average" danger. There are separate, lifelong permits for high-ranking ex-military and police officers, generally allowing them to own .25 calibre handguns. Institutional permits allow for firearm ownership by security companies."

So no, but it looks like it's getting better. Poland is a pretty conservative country, after all.
>>
>>34633183
Based Estonia is best Europoor country.
>>
>>34637154
Do they have good gun laws?
>>
Sweden will soon have the ghoul problem that South Africa now has. Germany does have the people to stop it, but the Swedish are doomed.
>>
>>34637773
>ghoul problem
It's actually worse because Sweden is being flooded by Muslim Africans.
The only way they could be worse is if they were also Marxists.
>>
>>34614165
Damn why so salty, I've had one of those tins for years, I get you've got some bland ass shit you're working with there, but seriously, also holy fuck you like some greasy beans
>>
>>34637154
>Implying Eesti is that poor
We have pretty alright pay for tech industry, man.
>>
>>34637948
Well that is why it is a ghoul problem. Arabs dont show doing that, but some reason African's do a strange group gather rush mentality all while in groups just turn anything civil into wastelands. Then move on to the next site once it becomes beyond liveable.

Now before some of you go on and on about "das racist". I am saying Africans. Not people of dark skin color.
>>
>>34632845
I would opt for a decent tarp instead of shower curtain, it's gonna be way more durable and the "survival" ones with foil side will radiate your heat back, losing a bit on cost and weight but it's actually useful unlike depending on a piece of crap
>>
>>34637773
Do tell? Sure, they've got a large immigrant population, but it's not like they border South Africa.
>>
>>34638329
I agree on tarp , no question, but in a bug out bag, have a tarp. You are making a home. In 72 hour, it just has to cover you or cover the floor. and you can fit 4-5 shower liners of the same size for the same size and weight.

>>34638332
Correct, but the stream is not done yet. Italy is now trying to figure out what to do with the masses they have and all its neighbors are setting up barb wire and moving military forces to the borders. Only places left for over 500k of refugees from Africa is those willing to take them in.
>>
>>34616611
It's double ply.
The good stuff.
It's also 6 now.
>>34621083
Thanks! I meant to read your post when you posted it, but I fell asleep and forgot.
And you're definitely right about learning more about cars. It's a skill set every man should know at least a little about.
And thanks for the advice of The National Academies Press.
And I have three complete trauma kits and a little bit of medicine/medical supplies that I should keep track of. Thanks for bringing it up.
>>
>>34638414
Exposure to the elements is the most likely risk you're gonna face in a bugout situation and I think staying dry and warm under a real tarp is well worth the expense/weight if you leave it in packaging and factory folded they're not that bulky, Im talking the little 5x8 deals not a cover your entire rv size, if you're thinking of carrying a rifle I would want to be adequately prepared to deal with the elements and avoid hypothermia, amazing what a good. If he's rest and staying dry will do for morale and energy the next day as opposed to a sleepless wet night
>>
File: TP in a pill.png (67KB, 220x156px) Image search: [Google]
TP in a pill.png
67KB, 220x156px
>>34638493
>>34616611
Speaking of TP. I was looking into the cloth tablets. You put them in water and boom. Instant towels. Ran low on funds so havent purchased yet but curious on space saving abilities.
>>
>>34638565
Seems gimmicky and you'd need to use precious water on them, would rather just have one of those super absorbent quick dry camp towels
>>
>>34638546
I agree 100%. Also consider price on the coverings. $1 dollar store line vs... but yeah, rather have the good stuff in the bug out bag. Trying to go price vs performance of bags.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.