[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steyr open house/steyr boners anonymous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0067.jpg (33KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0067.jpg
33KB, 800x550px
Anybody else go to the steyr open house today?
Shit was cash. AUGs out the ass, all the new cool shit...
>>
No but I wish I had heard of it beforehand.
Where did you learn of it?
>>
>>34611770
got to fondle a family friends' 80's something AUG from the first run here in the states a few weeks ago. and I just recently bought an M95

so im all steyrd out for now. -1 post limit cause id rather get a Tavor if i were to into bullpup
>>
>>34611805
Steyrs website.
They're open tomorrow and the day after as well.

They're giving away a package of their .22 guns.
Unfortunately they're not giving tours, it's just a showroom for all the different Guns they sell/make/import.
>>
>>34611830
>Tavor
No. I shouldn't have to get a new fucking trigger just to make it not-shit. Especially for the price tag.
>>
>>34612799
Also, the AUG has better balance, is more ergonomic, and is usually easier to find.
>>
Oh damn, what new stuff did you see?
>>
>>34611770
I swear I have never heard any news of Steyr doing anything. People just end up finding out months after something happens.

Who is asleep at their marketing department?
>>
>>34614805
CZ was the same way until they started with their newer stuff
>>
>>34611770
heading there now, I live literally 4 miles away. Thanks for the heads up, OP.
>>
>>34611770
Damnit anon, I'm 200 miles away and tempted af
>>
File: 20170721_141029.jpg (311KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170721_141029.jpg
311KB, 1280x720px
>>34615418
That was cool, I held a gun selling for the price of my house. The 40th anniversary AUG was awesome, too.
I was surprised to see some old mannlichers, guess they just had them sitting in the back.
>>
>>34616490
What kind of AUGs are they making now? Please for the love of god tell me they're making a 20" A1 and an HBAR that aren't covered in railz

Anywhere to see all their stuff?
>>
File: AUG-M1-BLK-Scope-FL-R.jpg (41KB, 620x249px) Image search: [Google]
AUG-M1-BLK-Scope-FL-R.jpg
41KB, 620x249px
>>34616531
The only AUG they're making is the A3 M1. At least that's the only one being imported to the U.S. right now.
>>
>>34616531
the 40th anniversary AUG is the only model they have that has a 20 inch barrel with no rails. They only made 777 and AFAIK the showroom has 4 left. They were selling for 2299 when I left.
>>
>>34616550
400 were made.
>>
>>34616550
Why the fuck would they produce them in those numbers? Have they learned nothing from the backlash Colt got for their retro M16s that they built in stupidly low numbers for excessive prices?
>>
>>34616565
These are commemoration only. Not intended for mass production.
>>
>>34616574
But why the hell not though? I'm sure there'd be a market for it, its such an iconic gun.
>>
>>34616581
My only guess is that Steyr doesn't think there's a market for the original style.

The A3 M1 is close enough, even though it has picatinny rails on the scope.
>>
I wish someone made wood grips for the L9-A1
>>
>>34616592
Honestly I think thats bullshit, iconic stuff like the original MP5 designs sell for absurd prices even for the Turkroach clones. People seem to really like older style tactical stuff. The fact that they still have the ability to produce them in any capacity even for a limited event shows they still have the tooling and know how to continue to make them. I think the tacticool market and the ARs and Glawk knockoffs everywhere are stifling this market because it appears that all people want is high speed everything.
>>
I wish they'd do a run of those 24" barrels with bipod for that lmg look.
>>
>>34616671
They could just offer the original scope as an optional accessory. Then they wouldn't have to make another gun.

Also, Steyr still makes the A2. It's just not imported to the U.S.
>>
>>34616728
Would be nice if they offered the 20" barrel as an option too, the 16" seems to reflect the tactical mindset, kind of bullshit you need to spend four fucking hundred bucks to get a 20" barrel
>>
>>34616772
Yea, I don't really see the point of carbine length barrels on bullpups when the point of it is to have a long barrel in a more compact package.
>>
>>34616772
It is an option, you idiot. I bought mine with the 20" barrel 2 years ago.
>>
>>34616784
>i don't see the point in allowing a potentially compact design to be compact
>>
>>34616789
Well they only offer 16" barrels on them now, all u can choose is the finish and white kind of sight u want.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.