[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Selling a gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1487549644166.jpg (27KB, 667x659px) Image search: [Google]
1487549644166.jpg
27KB, 667x659px
Firearm sales general

Have any of you ever sold a firearm? How did you go about it and what kind of money did you get? Did you do a trade-in or a private sale? What's a good way of knowing what a gun is worth?
>>
I mean, I see dealers on GunBroker and people on Armslist asking $500+ for a used Glock. Is anyone able to sell their used Glock for that much?
>>
I trafed a gun in once... i regret it every day....
>>
>>34608532

What are you selling, how much do you want, and what state are you in?
>>
No info, no help, faggot. /thread
>>
>>34608733
Well, I'm not sure if I'm really selling or not. I bought my first and only gun the other day, a used Glock 30S for 370. I bought it because it was cheap and I got to fire it first and I'm moving to new Jersey soon, so it made since to get a gun while it was easy. I'd almost prefer a regular 30 or even a 19. Maybe someday I can sell it and buy one of those.
>>
>>34608532
>trying to sell Mini 14
>asking for 700, would settle for less
>no buyers
>then one day someone offers a straight up trade for ksg
>don't have better offer, go for it
>bring ksg home, list it online
>sell it next day for 700

Everything worked out better than expected
>>
>>34608821
>Glock 30S

I'd search Gunbroker for similar guns and their final selling price-- pay no attention to the asking prices.

If you live in a State that permits private transaction firearms sales, try the sporting goods section on Backpages.

Pawnshops will rip you off, but many LGS will take guns on consignment, and if you have some time, it's the best way to do it. The shop will usually take 10-25% of the sale. My LGS only takes 10% but my family has been using him for years.
>>
>>34608532

Sold five, regret selling two of them.
>>
File: mokou-sad.jpg (120KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
mokou-sad.jpg
120KB, 392x495px
>>34608532
I'm joining the navy so I don't have a choice. I have to sell them all.
>>
>>34609061
>I'm joining the navy so I don't have a choice. I have to sell them all.

Or you could rent a storage locker, stash all your personal gear you don't want to drag around, and have it waiting for you when you rotate out.
>>
File: 1493340148321.png (3MB, 2514x1950px) Image search: [Google]
1493340148321.png
3MB, 2514x1950px
>MUST ship to an FFL!
>Hey I'm a couple hours away, want to meet in your pd's parking lot?
>sure, bring the cash and it's yours

I can't decide if this is a loophole or what
>>
>>34609110
>>Hey I'm a couple hours away, want to meet in your pd's parking lot?

It's not a loophole. Some states still allow private sales of firearms, and some PD's allow such transactions to take place in their parking lots.
>>
>>34609095
>Or you could rent a storage locker
storage lockers here are expensive. Not worth it. Also not worth dragging around the country with me. probably not even going to move back here until i'm done and my commitment is 8 years.
>>
>>34608532

Sold two guns on Armslist, listed for $50-$100 less than the MSRP/market value, excluding tax and transfer fees and stated FIRM price.

Both times, despite the low price, the buyers told me last minute that they didn't have the money and could only buy it if I gave them a better price.

Because I had bills to pay and money was tight, I had no choice but to lose an extra $50 on both. Assholes.

My fault for getting myself into a desperate situation like that anyway.

Also another tip is never fucking hold a gun for someone who says they can "pick it up in a week." If you get offers on that shit, first person to meet is first person to buy. Had several people on my last sale say they could buy it in a week and then just not get back to me by the time we were supposed to arrange a meet.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.