[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reenactment Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 13

File: Wehrmacht_Sanok_2008.jpg (810KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Wehrmacht_Sanok_2008.jpg
810KB, 3264x2448px
We all appreciate firearms history, but which of you actually go beyond LARPing and do reenacting? And if so, which period, timeframe, unit etc.?
>>
>>34607700
LARPing is reenacting. Come back when you understand, fag.
>>
what a fair maiden
>>
>>34607718
*fat maiden
>>
>>34607714
The difference is that the normal reenactor does not think he's some high-speed,lowdrag Navy Seal just because he has a decent plate carrier.
>>
>>34607757
Oh, he only thinks he's a member of the elite German Wehrmacht. Good reasoning, faggot. Try again!
>>
>>34607803
No, I'm just some skinny faggot wearing uniforms for show. Fitnesswise I'm maybe adquate enough for some 1944 Landwehr battalion. Neither do do I think the Wehrmacht was some super-advance war machine nor do I think that some jogging and marching in wool uniforms adequates actual military training.
>>
I have played WW2 roleplay in Garry's Mod for weeks. I'm Wehrmacht veteran.
>>
>tfw want to reenact as WW1 French
>tfw no reenactor groups nearby
>>
I'm working on getting a WWII American uniform together, but it's a pain in the ass. Thank Christ guys in my group will lend me an M1, because dear god a WWII one is pricy.
>>
>>34607700

There is literally nothing wrong with re-enacting historical military units.

In fact, it puts the tactical OPERATOR/CONTRACTOR/Carbine course adult LARP people engage in to shame.
>>
File: 1496266414555.jpg (67KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
1496266414555.jpg
67KB, 500x650px
>>34609590
>tfw do WW1 German reenacting
>tfw secretly would rather do French because snappy blue uniforms.
>>
>>34607700
>want to reenact Wehrmacht
>don't wanna "serve" with a bunch of /pol/ tier edgelords
>nor fat old racists
>just wanna look cool with my K98k

Do I have options? I don't think I'd be comfortable hanging out with a bunch of edgy fourth Reich-ers
>>
>>34609675
>I don't think I'd be comfortable hanging out with a bunch of edgy fourth Reich-ers
And yet here you are..

But in all seriousness, what about WW1? The German reenactors I've met have mostly been completely normal. Mostly.
>>
>>34609711
I gotta buy a G.98 then. Plus, I'd do Austro-Hungarian if I did WWI, but I don't think anyone in Minnesota does that one.
>>
>>34609675
Do Yugo stuff then. Early JNA used stocks of German Mausers, and the 90s conflicts saw a lot of them resurface. Or you can pull an underground force impression, be it the French Resistance or the Yugoslav or Soviet Partisans.
>>
I want to get into Japanese reenacting, but mostly it seems to be fat white weebs and not real Asians. I'm still working on my uniform, trying to find good pieces for a full Naval Ground Force one.

>>34610459
are you trying to create another Eric Frein?
>>
I want to start reenacting, WWI German or something, what buy? How much? What join? I'm in Austin.
>>
>>34609605
atthefront.com is a good website but at the same time a bit pricey. I got early war HBT pattern for US forces at by the sword. The rest of the stuff I picked up from different airshows and reenactments I went to to watch.

the unit I picked was the one my grandfather was in, but it is kinda obscure. 894th Tank Destroyer Battalion. They were attached to the first armored, 3rd armored, 5th armored, some British and Canadian.
>>
>>34611127
what unit type, Pioneer, Landser, Strosstruppen? What period, since all countries uniforms changed as the war progressed, the french being the textbook example.
>>
>>34607700
Goddamn, their equipment looks so light. Imagine how far they could march without getting tired considering they don't have to carry 90lbs worth of shit.
>>
>>34610533
>I want to get into Japanese reenacting, but mostly it seems to be fat white weebs and not real Asians.

Are you Asian?

>>34609675
>Do I have options? I don't think I'd be comfortable hanging out with a bunch of edgy fourth Reich-ers

Join a ww2 reenactment group
>>
>>34611919
yes, Japanese
>>
>>34607700
I do Soviet (infantry and engineers, the group I reenact with most doesn't do a particular unit though I technically am also part of a group that does the 70th Guards Rifle Division) and British airborne (Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry, 2nd Battalion). Also recently got into American Civil War (20th Maine Volunteer Infantry, Company F).
>>
>>34609675
>I don't think I'd be comfortable hanging out with a bunch of edgy fourth Reich-ers

In my experience, a lot of serious reenactment groups have pretty serious statements about being apolitical, especially Wehrmacht. Plus it's just generally an expensive hobby, in not just money, but also time and physical effort. It's not just about looking cool in a uniform - you do need to go out in the field and actually be a soldier to as close as that means. That tends to drive people out. Probably the worst you'll get is wehraboo-ism, and, if you're really worried about people who are neo-Nazis, just stay away from SS regiments. Yeah, they get cool toys, and - even beyond the possible political associations - they're also often stitch Nazis, don't play fair in battle, and are just generally unpleasant people.
>>
>>34612239
So, in other words, they're good reenactors for the part of the SS
>>
File: Mike Stoklasa.gif (554KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
Mike Stoklasa.gif
554KB, 250x188px
>>34612252
Touche.
>>
>>34612239
And by the way, I should clarify, by "don't play fair in battle" I don't mean like "Art of War" not playing fair, I mean like "I shot you ten times, and you didn't signal you were dead" not playing fair.
>>
>>34609675
The solution is propably to neck yourself, nigger

>>34611694
t. ameritard thinking a bunch of amerilards that larp as german soldiers are carrying the same weight they did back then
>>
>>34612239
>and are just generally unpleasant people.
I'm who you replied to, and I've been to a reenactment as a spectator, but did talk to some SS...some were pretty nice guys, but a few were creeps. Saw one old guy that died his gray hair blonde but had a gray Hitler mustache and 2 Doberman dogs he brought with.
>>
>>34612239
How much of a pussy do you to be in order to be affraid of >muh SS regiments larpers
They are only other fat sack of shit, just like you, ameritard
>>
>>34612341
>>
>>34612374
KeK
>>
File: wehraboostandards.png (1MB, 1530x1127px) Image search: [Google]
wehraboostandards.png
1MB, 1530x1127px
>>34607803
> the entire Wehrmacht was "elite"

wehraboo pls go
>>
>>34610533
Reenactment of Sai Pan.
>>
>>34609675
>>34612239
OP here, are american reenactors really such a pain in the ass? My group is based in Germany so they're more or less required to be non-radical, but we're probaly under government watch anyway. We got our fair share of stich-nazi's though, including me.
>>
>>34607754
good, so she can give birth to the next generation of warriors
>>
File: 1468068465601.jpg (8KB, 111x170px) Image search: [Google]
1468068465601.jpg
8KB, 111x170px
>>34609590
>tfw want to reenact as anytime Swiss
>tfw no reenactor groups anywhere on the continent
>>
>>34613101
you're still allowed to re-enact as Wehrmacht soldiers? Another anon posted an article where German re-enactors were arrested for wearing Wehmacht uniforms...
>>
>>34612474
Martin Van Crefeld - Fighting Power: German and US Army performance, 1939-1945
>>
>>34613137
Depends on it. In germany you'll have to sew buttons or the like over swastikas if it's an official event, but they're fine in belgium,denmark and the netherlands, where most of the events are.
>>
>>34613148
Poles and Czechs are surprisingly tolerant in that regard.
>>
>>34612341
Oh hey, another non putting a man on the moon foreign cunt talking shit ? Whats your CUNTtry done lately shit for brains. Imported a bunch of islamaturds ?
>>
>>34607700
who dat honey wit dem hevy tiddies
>>
>>34607700
Look at the land whales I could of impressed being a toy soldier larper.

Just kidding I was stationed in California I fucked tons of trashy puss. Just owning gun makes you a "bad boy" in California.
>>
File: zdefrgthyjukujhgrfedz.jpg (113KB, 736x1417px) Image search: [Google]
zdefrgthyjukujhgrfedz.jpg
113KB, 736x1417px
>>34613193
>believing the moon landing hoax
>calling a superior west-european "foreign"
>"Whats your CUNTtry done lately shit for brains" sorry, I don't speak african-american
>"Imported a bunch of islamaturds" sorry I am not obsessed nor affraid of islamic subhumans like you amerishitinyourpants are
>>
>>34613209

You have awful taste anon
>>
>>34611694
Reenactors are often missing pieces of kit because they are rare or expensive and forgoe heavier rucks /backpacks especially during battles

they carried way more than that
>>
Kinda want to get into Revolutionary War reenacting. Preferably as cavalry.

But damn if a (good) reproduction Elliot carbine doesn't cost at least $1600 in parts/labor.

Not to mention sourcing period-correct cavalry sword reproductions is a PITA. All I see are copies of the Napoleonic era swords. Nothing prior, save for shit like infantry hangers and smallswords.
>>
>>34613688
Not to say that half of their equipment is shit anyways. You can clearly see that they all have postwar breadbags(squared off tabs) and the machinegunner also carries a postwar mess kit.
>>
>>34609675
Love how much asshurt MUH NAZIS are causing cucks like ya'll. Germany was the true victor of WW2 after all.
>>
>>34613835
>Germany was the true victor of WW2 after all.
No. The allies took all "germanic" out of germany. It's just a shell of itself since 1949 and even more since 1990. We practically invented militarism and now we're getting bend over by feral sandniggers.
>>
Being a Britbong, we have a fairly large English Civil War scene, though i've never done reenacting myself. It certainly does look fun.

If I was a Yanker/had more funds to hop over to Yankerland however I definitely would have a bash at American Civil War reenactments. They look pretty good fun to be part of.

Also War of independence reenactments. Those look swish.
>>
>>34613101
>Are American reenactors really such a pain in the ass?

I'd say no on the whole. I've met some real assholes in this hobby on every side of the war, but the majority of people I've found to be pretty nice. It's often more about finding the right group.
>>
>>34613136
>Want to reenact as anytime Swiss
Are you near the northeast USA?
I want to do anytime swiss something but have the same problem.
>>
>>34607700
>reenacting as nazis
Is there anything else worse than the eternal wehraboo?
>>
>>34613136
Do it anyways. You can always show up in that uniform to public displays and stuff.
>>
>>34615215
>You can always show up in that uniform to public displays and stuff.
This.
Just crash WWII events and set up camp on the sidelines.
>>
>>34613556
That's a breeding woman, anon
>>
>>34613835
You're retarded and have zero reading comprehension.
>>
>>34615033
A rats anus?
>>
>>34611233
Tough unit anon, they were also at Anzio during Operation Fischfang.
>>
>>34607875
>>34612474

Juden raus
>>
>>34615663

That poorly shouldered rifle will kick like a mule.
>>
File: IMG_20160205_140252758 (2).jpg (2MB, 5213x1896px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160205_140252758 (2).jpg
2MB, 5213x1896px
>>34607700
I do some parades in civil war uniform and wear the uniform in shooting competition. Does that count?

pic related, its my competition shooter
>>
File: Nam stuff.jpg (165KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
Nam stuff.jpg
165KB, 1440x810px
>>34607700
Gonna go for Vietnam
>>
>>34612274
I would have expected that from the allied reenactors.

>what no I didn't get shot
>how could I die, I'm the good guy
>it's ok we're supposed to win anyways. I don't have to die.
>>
>>34613744
There's also the problem of getting a fucking horse.
>>
>>34616399
To be fair, I bet that Germans do say the same thing about us, and I'm pretty sure there's an American unit that's just as guilty. I'm still mad at the time I fired my entire Enfield magazine into three guys and none of them took the hit. My theory (at least for the SS) is that it's because they're so used to be told to assault a position while being shot at during their "training sessions" (read: spending an extra day out in the woods drinking and shooting blanks while masturbating about how great they are) that they basically ignore gun fire.

And, as much as I bag on the SS, their leader is apparently super chill. I think he gave us a chocolate grenade once when he surrendered.
>>
>>34616412
Horses are actually easier to come by than some pieces of kit, and certainly easier than many weapons a reenactor might be interested in.
>>
>>34616583
I'd say the problem isn't even as much getting a horse, it's making sure you have the knowledge, space, food, equipment, etc. to take care of said horse. Even the most expensive piece of kit is a one-time investment, barring maintenance and repairs that are generally pretty cheap; horses are both expensive and a major long-term cash sink. You also need to learn to ride said horse for mock combat safely and train said horse to be okay around gunfire and other loud noises. It's not impossible, but just something to keep in mind.
>>
File: 9c7013c7eb4900a74s.jpg (100KB, 450x488px) Image search: [Google]
9c7013c7eb4900a74s.jpg
100KB, 450x488px
>>
>>34616674
What LARP is this? Asking for a friend
>>
>>34609675
It's ok, anon I won't make you feel uncomfortable. There were no homicidal gas chambers btw
>>
File: BornToFeel.jpg (407KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
BornToFeel.jpg
407KB, 746x982px
>>34616273
That's fuckin dope as hell anon. Very nice

There used to be a guy here years ago(2013 probably) who did WWII reenacting. Used to start threads with pics, I believe he dressed up as 82nd Airborne. Was pretty cool
>>
>>34612239
As a U.S GI reenactor i can confirm. SS reenactors are usually horrible people. Werhmacht are mixed though some are cool. Its a quarky hobby that brings in wierd people all around.
>>
>>34618769
It's a fucking faggot nerd hobby that brings faggot nerds all around
>>
>>34615311
>This.
While I'm not the anon you replied to, I like the way this sounds.
>>
>>34607700
I kind of want to reenact as a marine in the pacific campaign.
>such is the life whenever I buy a new surplus rifle
>>
>>34616538
>Chocolate grenade
Do tell more, good sir!
>>
>>34618779
I go out with all my buddies in the actual Army. yeah their are some dudes that are strange, but most of us are cool.
>>
>>34613136

>Sitting on ass
>Not operating

You already are doing a pretty realistic job
>>
>>34607700
Look at the way that soldier in the back is staring at that muffin-top. Without a doubt he gave her the mating press later that evening.
>>
>>34619201
Alright, so we had just ambushed an SS patrol right outside their camp. I have no fucking clue how they didn't see us, we were literally out in the open, like I was literally on my back sunning myself on a rock. I guess British camo is just that good. So we kill ten of their guys, but we all die because the Germans outnumber us and send a second patrol out. So then we turn around and raid their camp a little bit, there were like four or five guys there including the SS commander. So we have a little bit of a shootout, raid their trenches and stuff, the last guy is hiding behind one of the tents when our sergeant goes out and tells him we have him surrounded, surrender and you won't be killed, yada yada yada. So SS tells him to hang on, he's getting something for him, and comes out with a green box. Sergeant opens the box, sees the chocolate grenade, and takes his hit, because he thought it was an actual grenade. The SS guy was super frightened, because - as he told us afterwards - he was a man of his word, and he wanted to honor the surrender. So we all shared the grenade (it was filled with jellybeans, so that was fun when I ended up dropping one in the dirt) and those who smoked shared some cigarettes, and both Jerries and Tommies learned that love can bloom on the battlefield.
>>
>>34618779
(You)
>>
>>34612374
Felix Colgrave is an amazing animator. Although I liked Elephants Garden more than Double King anything he creates is literally gold and I find it surprising to see his work anywhere. Everyone I show it to just finds it to weird.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.