[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

U.S naval officer here, got insomnia so I'll answer questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 2

File: 1qwxw9.jpg (18KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1qwxw9.jpg
18KB, 300x168px
U.S naval officer here, got insomnia so I'll answer questions you might have to the best of my ability without going into classified info
>>
>>34601725
Fuck off navy
t. Army
>>
>>34601725
What was your absolute worst experience during service?
>>
>>34601747
Probably 6 and 6 watches, followed by ood followed by unreps so basically being up for nearly 40 hours

Small thing but shaving everyday is a small but constant annoyance, underway no shave chits are well worth the money
>>
>>34601745
As you were soldier, let's not pretend like you guys don't get more funding and people to do less than what the marines can do.
>>
>>34601770
If you're doing unreps as an officer then you're a bitch
>>
>>34601791
Some times you Will be required to be on the bridge depending on your job... are you assuming that I was part of the people unloading goods?
>>
>>34601785
Am a sikdier. Marines just have better propaganda. In ww2 pacific theatre army had more amphibious landings and better success
>>
>>34601825
I was assuming that, handling the shit would be way worse than watching from the bridge
>>34601830
Soldier*
Autocorrect failed me
>>
>>34601770
What about your best experience?
>>
>>34601725
You a shellback? If so, what was your line crossing ceremony?
>>
>>34601841
Yes and no, unreps are one of the most dangerous times for ships because your so close to the other ship. It can be super high stress and if you add the fact that you haven't slept in nearly 2 days it's rough

If the army is so good then why did the marines have to turn into an occupying force for Iraq 2 and Afghanistan? ;)
>>
>>34601847
Probably just the seeing places I would have never gotten the chance to see, lots of super people as well. I mean there's shit bags but those few grade A people make it tolerable

>>34601848
Shell back was pretty tame, just up for a long time crawling through nasty shit didn't get to kiss Neptunes belly since we have to be all PC now
>>
>>34601725
are you a Coke head?
>>
>>34601911
Nah coke is for degenerates
>>
>>34601725
are mermaids real?
>>
report come out on that ship crash yet?
lots of remedial training navy wide because of it or business as usual?

get me some mid rats sir.
>>
>>34601725
My uncle was in the Navy?
>>
>>34601918
When your out to sea for long enough you'll start imagining tits on anything

>>34601922
To my knowledge the report is not out, the fitz has been one of the worst ones in a while so I'm sure their not rushing it. Better to let it fade from the public's memories. These sorts of things end up being good overall for the Navy due to the lessons learned.
>>
>>34601959
what other sea monsters have to seen
>>
>>34601959
thoughts on the RAN?
>>
>>34601969
Assuming your talking about royal Austrialian navy, was OOD of the coast of Australia and we were talking on bridge to bridge with one of their ships. After being out to sea for months the chick speaking on the radios voice sounded like heaven. My Con kept acting like it wasn't coming in clearly so she would have to repeat it, I certainly allowed it lol.
>>
Why are you a bubblehead and not a nuc?
>>
>>34602001
>an australian woman sounded like heaven
okay even this i have trouble believing, and i buy the gay sex thing completely
>>
>>34602001
answer >>34601965 pls
>>
>>34602011
"Yeah nah ya carnts stone the crows fuckin wallabingo dingo shrimp on that barbie"
>Goodess
>>
>>34602003
Almost got drafted for nuke because I did well in physics and calc. Not worth the money, longer pipeline, weirder people.

>>34602027
No sea monster stories, heard of sonar anomalies where huge stuff appeared and left very quickly
>>
>>34602045
>Not worth the money, longer pipeline, weirder people.

Fair call. I don't think I ever met a normal submariner.
>>
>>34602045
How is the food?
>>
>>34602034
I swear to go it was heaven, this isnt exactly what she said but sometning like "wah shp six too, we intnd to cum ta coarse wun nine zero" boner activate
>>
>>34602060
I spent a few days on a sub once, they had us hot racking with enlisted sailors the guy I got had "furry pride" stenciled into his rack. Needless to say I caught my zzz's in the torpedo room
>>
>>34602066
It varies from ship to ship, but surf and turf Sundays are my favorite. Lobster, steak, crab legs etc yum
>>
>>34602011
Australian army here. The RAN gets a fairly decent selection of women. Not as good as the RAAF amongst their ORs (enlisted) but just as good with their officers.

We just get combat wombats
>>
>>34601725
I don't want to talk to you, go get your chief.
>>
>>34602115
My Australian port visit got fucked up but fucking and aussie is defiantly I'm my list.
>>
>>34602115
>combat wombat

Jesus Christ I'm dying, lol

Big arses and diving into a hole at the slightest sound of danger?
>>
>>34601725
>>34602092

Okay I'll bite, what class of ship do you serve on?
>>
>>34602125
Chief got caught up in a prostitution sting looks like it's just me you and your LPO
>>
>>34602132
I've done both big deck and cru/des I'll leave it at that for opsec
>>
>>34602129
>Big arses and diving into a hole at the slightest sound of danger?
Spot on.

But the media keeps running this meme that women are in combat and are just as good as men etc. Except anyone who's been in a combat unit knows 99% of the women in the army couldn't even carry a full pack on a patrol
>>
>>34602149
And which do you prefer?
>>
>>34602155
Overall big deck because I'm a lazy fuck. More people in big deck so it's easier to skate, as an officer it's still hard af. For example let's say you have your opsintel brief am hour after you get off watch it's much easier to not get noticed taking a power nap on a big deck. My problem with cru/des is with the small ward room it can be either really good or bad all it takes is a few toxic people to fuck up the ward room climate on small boys
>>
>>34602151
>Women
>being able to trust them with anything
if i was going to be airdropped into syria with either a normal western woman or an illiterate slav with PTSD from the industrial removal of kebab, i'd pick the slav
>>
>>34602182
During my rotations I saw plenty of women serving in support roles, but you could never really trust them to just focus on the job. There was always some guy they were interested in, or some other chick who was threatening their position as queen bee.

In nearly two years living OTW I saw maybe five or six women spend more than an hour or two with us. They just did the fly in fly out for PR photos thing.
>>
No new comments in a while, I'll check the thread in the morning and reply. Good night /k/
>>
>>34602226
Good night Navy man.
>>
What kind of small arms are typically kept aboard ships/subs?
>>
>>34601725
How did you commission and do you know how hard it is trying to go STA-21 from a non-nuke rate?
>>
>>34602333
>That opsec violation
The kind that shoot bullets desu
>>
>>34602182
I mean, I'd pick the slav over most western dudes, too. If we're high-functioning weaponized autism, they're low-functioning weaponized autism.
>>
>>34601725
post id card with rank u larping homo
>>
>>34601725
How hard is ocs
>>
>>34602333
Never went but I hear it's not to bad compared to like marine OCS just be in shape and not an aspie and your halfway to good
Stuff and things, opsec>>34602582

>>34602369
I did NROTC, is say sta21 is a giant crap shoot, I've seen sailors who would make great officer's, who were fantastic at their jobs not get it due to division politics

>>34602411
Sure thing China
>>
Soon-to-be Naval Officer in aviation here, do you have any gouge for me on basic day to day shit at sea?
>>
>>34603657
You are a larping piece a shit, the first thing all theses stupid fucks should have done is tell you to post your id with rank. Notice how I said rank, not name or SN, just rank. Since you could cover all the other info up with a piece of paper, a piece of paper with a time stamp. Your SN is even on the back of that CAC card so you wouldn't have to worry. China? CHINA!?! Surely you mean RUSSIA right? RIGHT? Fucking faggot OP.
>>
>>34603823
>arguing with larpers
wew lad
>>
>>34603849
i know i know
>>
>>34601881
Not if you're a submariner
>>
>>34602060
>>34602083
Submariners are just far more interesting.

Also
>tfw spooning a mk48 whenever I slept in the torpedo room because it cools you off
>>
>>34603696
have you seen any sea monsters?
>>
>>34601725
What the fuck do you do when all the wars we've fought the past 10+ years have been in the middle of the desert with no nearby oceans?
Just let airforce dock and maintain your vessels?

I don't mean this in disrespect but I honestly have no clue what use the navy has had other than making China and NKorea fuck off.
>>
>>34601881
Kissing neptune's belly is for blue nose, dumdum
>i swallowed the cherry
Oops, was I not supposed to do that?
>>
>>34604798
This is bait
>>
>>34603696
Officer in aviation? That makes it sound like you're not going to be a pilot or NFO, if so you're just a pussy.
>>
>>34604990
It's not, I'm curious and stupid
>>
>>34601725
Physical training standards?
>>
>>34604798
What the hell are you talking about, everything is surrounded by oceans. A continent is just a giant island. There are areas all around it makes sense to have a naval presence.
I'm Army and all but I nearly went toward the marine/navy path. There is more water on Earth than there is land. The world is totally fucked up if America isn't influencing it. Do you ever hear much about immigration about people from the first world to the second? No. You hear about the second world immigrating to the first world and dragging it down socially trying to evade the first worlds LEO and MIL. It doesn't go the other way around because the second world is a place nobody wants to live in, and the third world doesn't feel they could get enough protection from the second world if they sided with the first.
>>
>>34603696
Focus on flight school first, pilot life on ships is pretty good, you get dibs on staterooms and kind of are on a different schedule

>>34603823
>implying I give a fuck if you believe me or not. Take it at face value of go look for the mail buoy

>>34604798
I'll bite, I'd wager to say that our Navy has dropped the most ordnance in the middle east than any other branch. Go on Google maps and look at all the seas over by the middle East
>>
File: 1481681197711.gif (3MB, 174x200px) Image search: [Google]
1481681197711.gif
3MB, 174x200px
>>34603997
I know that feel
>>
>>34605062
OP here, on desktop. PT standards vary from unit to unit but a very safe time would be 1030 mile and a half 50 push ups and 110 push ups. Im still in the low 11's sometimes high 10's
>>
>>34601959
Your ability to differentiate their and they're gives me confidence that an officer job can be a last resort fall back
>>
Back for the night, ask away
>>
>>34601745
This.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.