[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uniforms, Clothing, and Equipment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 13

File: Swiss Alpenflage Demo.jpg (194KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Swiss Alpenflage Demo.jpg
194KB, 960x720px
I was looking for a thread centered around military wear and the only milsurp thread is centered around guns, on top of that the only thread on here about clothing is about everyday wear.
Well, I want a thread centered around equipment, clothing, and uniforms used in militaries worldwide.

I'll start by sharing my Alpenflage winter uniform.
TASS-90 (I believe), cheap shit online for a parka/trouser combo.
M-1971 Swiss helmet with Alpenflage cover.
Austrian Bundesheer paratrooper boots. (mine were made in 2003, thanks Kommandostore!)
The strap running across my body is a Polish OM14 gas mask bag, wanted something to look like some sort of utilities bag for the picture, will probably post an update when I get a harness for it.
CYMA underfold AK, yeah, I'm into airshit, but it's far cheaper than ordering a replica or a real firearm just for collection purposes.

Working on buying a SIG-552 from a friend to complete the Swiss look.

Feel free to share photos, info, sites, and more pertaining to military wear/hardware.
>>
File: uniformen011-scaled1000.jpg (237KB, 934x745px) Image search: [Google]
uniformen011-scaled1000.jpg
237KB, 934x745px
>>34601654
Damnit, OP here, forgot to add:
Wearing an OD US tanker's shroud, IDK what year it's from, forgot.
Will provide info in a later major post.
>>
File: d70ec7638f7e01b1.jpg (120KB, 979x710px) Image search: [Google]
d70ec7638f7e01b1.jpg
120KB, 979x710px
Bumping with a Polish Army photo C. 1990-2000.
>>
File: Czechs Charging Across River.jpg (71KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
Czechs Charging Across River.jpg
71KB, 736x552px
Bump, come on, /k/, I know at least someone out there has one piece of interesting military equipment.
>>
>>34601654
Been thinking about picking up an M65 parka, how are they? Anybody got one?
>>
File: il_570xN.1074175191_81pe.jpg (72KB, 570x516px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.1074175191_81pe.jpg
72KB, 570x516px
>>34601874
OP: I own two (field jackets, not parkas, but I see little difference other than length), one used from a guy in the Third Armored platoon and another that was owned by an obvious smoker (lots of small burn marks in it, couple of burned holes.). And let me tell you, if it ever gets cold outside, get a flannel under it and you're all set.

However, I have always wanted an M65 since I was a kid and they don't come cheap. Best advice is to look in Army Navy stores, you'll score some good finds if you put in the effort.

Overall, I'd get one if I were you (Field jacket or parka, I reckon if a field jacket suits me pretty well, a parka should suit you even better).
Done any other collecting of any note?
>>
>>34601927
Thanks for the advice man. And nah not particularly.
>>
>>34601983
No problem, we all have to start somewhere, I started with those field jackets and now I'm branching into some less-popular European stuff. I'm currently browsing some East Germany stuff, Soviet Cold-War gear. While I don't quite buy into slav shit, the historical importance of it is what interests me. I'd suggest looking into European stuff, if I were you, cheap and makes for great collector's items.
>>
>>34601654
The /k/orrect term is /gq/ for "GearQueer".
>>
File: 157464_ts.jpg (138KB, 1154x1154px) Image search: [Google]
157464_ts.jpg
138KB, 1154x1154px
>>34601654
In the market for some new BDU pants, can't decide if I should get splintertarn, flecktarn, or the current Russian digi flora pattern. I'm in northern Michigan.
>>
>>34603758
Howdy anon, I'd suggest splintertarn purely since Flecktarn is super common, super cheap, and pretty easy to find. Also Germanski camo is waaaay better than Ruskie camo desu. But then again, this is all personal opinion.

What are you gonna use it for?
>>
>>34605987
>overthrowing the government
>assassinating senators

Probably just yardwork and playing with funs deep innawoods on my property
>>
>>34602054
You should fucking kill yourself, kiddo. You know you need to be 18 to post here right? In what way does cheap, shittly made products made by starving peasants make for a good collectors item?
>>
>>34606378
If you are okay with multicam the bong PCS pants are probably the best available, super comfy and have reinforced fabric in the seat and crotch for increased tactical squatting lifespan
>>
How feasible would it be to make my own ghillie suit? I would like something that makes me a lot harder to see when I'm /out/ but ghillie suits are expensive and hot af.
>>
>>34606757
Get a bdu and fishing net, needle/thread and fabric glue. There ya go
>>
>>34554312
>>
>>34606773

I was considering making it out of literal dried moss and other plants. Bad idea?
>>
>>34606835
Use the net to attach burlap strips and strings as a base, then add fresh vegetation from your environment to fill out the rest of the suit
>>
File: fullsizeoutput_80.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
fullsizeoutput_80.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Is this Russian VKBO summer uniform fake or real?

bought from greyshop advertised a real, but all info I can find online points to fake, the tags are hand ink stamped, BTK tags are machine made, the inner lining is not tan colored like on every other I can find.

VKBO in question top on the left, genuine VKBO Hat on left.
>>
File: fullsizeoutput_7e.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
fullsizeoutput_7e.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34608194

Color does not match, uniform I got is much lighter.
>>
File: IMG_3623.jpg (951KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3623.jpg
951KB, 3264x2448px
uniform in question tags.
>>
VKBO with tan interior lining, Most that I'm seeing are like this.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/182348670637
>>
File: 178.970x0.png (892KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
178.970x0.png
892KB, 800x900px
can't find where on their page,but Rusarmyshop has a few photos comparing so called original VKBO's to replica's.

can't really find solid definite proof which is real though
>>
>>34601654
Oh, cool. I was thinking of getting a Swiss m70 jacket. Lots of gear carrying capabilities on that and they're dirt cheap.
>>
>>34608241
Have you considered that your lighter one may have been washed with a very strong detergent or bleaching mixture?
>>
>>34601654
What sources can one purchase these from online at a decent price, other than ebay?
>>
File: US M65 tricolor desert.jpg (2MB, 2316x3202px) Image search: [Google]
US M65 tricolor desert.jpg
2MB, 2316x3202px
>>34601927
Go to gun shows or buy on ebay. Going rate for non-jews is $20-$25. They really aren't worth much and the army made millions of them.

t. owner of 3 M65s. I have one in woodland, one in desert tricolor and one in UCP. The OD green one is worth more though.
>>
>>34601927

I own three. Dad's OD one from his own issue, a woodland one to replace the one I had to check back in, and a good commercial six-color one. They are comfy, and most of the time, unless you live someplace that gets snow, you won't need the liner. I'd get a clean one in OD without patches if you're gonna wear them out in public though. My woodland one would get me attention I didn't want at times.
>>
File: Swiss Alpenflage Demo II.jpg (189KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Swiss Alpenflage Demo II.jpg
189KB, 720x960px
>>34610166
Only other place I'd suggest buying from is Swiss Link, but even then it's going to cost like 40 bucks.
I got mine whenever Kommandostore had them, now they're no longer in stock, as well as a shit ton of other European surplus they once had. The only thing I'd go onto Kommandostore for anymore is maybe one or two other items, unless you like South African milsurp.

>>34610439
Story about the attention?
>>
>>34610515

Mostly just all kinds of anger about stolen valor because wearing camo anything was advertising you were a try-hard wannabe or something. I just liked the jacket because it was warm. I also went to a conservative branch campus of Texas A&M after leaving main campus and still had a lot of my Cadet stuff out of poor college kid necessity.
>>
File: QH6LrU5.png (764KB, 962x680px) Image search: [Google]
QH6LrU5.png
764KB, 962x680px
>>34610555
That's probably the only catch of milsurp with a history (Or just patches you thought were cool), if you wear it than there's a chance of people confronting you about it.

>>34610103
Hell yeah they are, only problem is that the plastic (rubber?) coating on the inner thighs of the trousers started to peel and have holes, I just peeled it on off, doesn't change overall performance, they still work great for whatever you're using them for.

>>34606727
Personal interest, my friend. One man's trash is another man's treasure. if you want to complain about cheap products then you're complaining on the wrong thread.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.