[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a navy seal with a standard issue hardware.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 11

File: bb.jpg (986KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
bb.jpg
986KB, 2048x1152px
This is a navy seal with a standard issue hardware.
>>
>>34601253
>this is a
>[3-0x0001000B]
>>
>>34601253
too bad they nerfed it
>>
>>34601253
What the fuck is this? I don't play video games.
>>
>>34601338
its from Rainbow six Siege
>>
File: 1481156108252.gif (249KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1481156108252.gif
249KB, 500x375px
>>34601291

kek

>>34601253

rainbow six is the best game ever invented, and it makes me want to break down in weeping and sobbing that ubisoft will never allow it to reach its potential by caring about the capital G Game, making real improvements to combat, making it function correctly.

operation 'health' my fucking ass, it's 2 years old and they are WASTING A FUCKING MIRACLE that people still play the game, by not having HAD THEIR FUCKING SHIT TOGETHER FROM THE GET GO.

first they have the fucking balls to fucking involve SKINS in a fucking tom clancy game, and then they have the fucking balls to introduce fucking """ALPHA PACKS""" DURING OPERATION MOTHERFUCKING SO CALLED HEALTH. AS IF THAT'S WHAT IT NEEDS.

so help me FUCKING GOD,

UBISOFT HAS TRAINED A GENERATION OF RETARDS IN ADVANCED CLOSE QUARTERS TACTICS AND IF THERE IS NOT A HOSTAGE SITUATION IN UBISOFT DEVELOPER HEADQUARTERS WHERE MASKED MEN RAPPEL FROM THE ROOF AND SUCCESSFULLY REPEL ASSAULTS FROM COUNTER TERRORIST AND SWAT TEAMS,

THEN I WILL EAT MY OWN FUCKING DICK
>>
>>34601347
Thank ye friend.
>>
>>34601496
What killed the game for me is how it has godawful gunplay and any aesthetics the game had was ruined by flashy skins. It sure had neat environment destructibility though.
>>
>>34601496
The hit reg is really awful in my experience. The camera is also fucked, they need to use the Battlefield-style head camera, peeker's advantage is intense as it is now. You'll get shot at from a guy you can't have possibly seen because of the way angles work with the camera. I don't even bother to defend windows anymore, you can't win that fight.
>>
File: 1451674513593.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1451674513593.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>34601496
Battlefield 4 is better
>>
File: Cs1.6.jpg (78KB, 530x445px) Image search: [Google]
Cs1.6.jpg
78KB, 530x445px
>>34601496
Every game after CS was just extra arcade. ARMA is tight for wide open engagements, but Urban/CQC gameplay was perfected in 2000. Pretty much the AK47 of combat simulators.
>>
>>34601253
how retarded would this actually be irl?
>>
>>34601568
Shit, also, the way hipfire works. Hipfire anything and after 2 feet the bullet will somehow be above your fucking head. The cursor is completely meaningless. It shouldn't be a reliable long-range option, but the way it is now hipfire only has a chance to hit at fucking knife range, which is ridiculous.
>>
>>34601551

the gunplay is great - because it's difficult. it REALLY takes some talent and skill and effort to pull a john wick off. very few people are capable of EVER 1v5 clutching against competent players, just like it'd be difficult in real life to win a gun fight against five competent assailants.

rainbow six siege gunfights play out about exactly how they'd play out in real life - when 10 people are shooting at each other inside of a bar, chances are that every single one will die, and never see the person that shoots them. the marines in fallujah just set up triage outside of every building they entered, because the first person in basically always got shot.

>>34601568

i think the hit reg is decent, as long as you're not experiencing lag. but you're half right about the angles. a person can rappel from above a window and you only see the top of his head when he can shoot you. on the other hand it's reasonable that if you're standing right on a doorway, they can see your shoulder while you can't see them.

>>34601580

playing counterstrike is no different from playing doom II today. if they don't fix rainbow six siege, the game that replaces counterstrike will basically be a copy of it. if they do fix it, it will kill counterstrike.

>>34601612

agreed, a skilled CT operator could easily hit a melon at 10 yards with the first shot from the hip and hold a decent spread around it.
>>
>>34601575
the game so "good" they just kept remaking it over and over and over.
>>
H3 is the most /k/ game I've ever had the chance to play.
>>
File: 9pVEWRM.jpg (1MB, 2562x1813px) Image search: [Google]
9pVEWRM.jpg
1MB, 2562x1813px
>>34601496
the game does have serious problems that Ubisoft refuses to properly address, but fuck me if it isn't fun as hell.
>idiot teammates leave me in a 1v5 round
>normally all hope would be lost and I'd get raped in the ass by Caviar
>but I'm a Spetsnaz Recruit
>with a Saiga-12
>on Attack
they never really had a chance. It ain't easy being cheesy.
>>
>>34601919
What are you going on about? Dice hasn't done a modern battlefield since 4, (disregarding the failure of hardline) and BF4 is still vastly populated despite not being the most current Battlefield
>>
>>34601996
I'm waiting for the actual game play to happen.
>>
>>34602102
-t. never played H3 or any vr game
>>
File: yON9lj4.jpg (151KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
yON9lj4.jpg
151KB, 960x720px
>>34601253
Technically they are starting to use shields now
>>
>>34602118
"game"
>>
>>34602118
I own an oculus. I like H3 but MEATS gets old after a while. There's not much to actually DO in h3, I'd rather be playing robo recall or Brookhaven. Like I said, I'll wait until there's actual gameplay besides the dumb "IPSC" map
>>
>actually getting memecucked into """VR"""
>>
>>34601253
I thought they would have introduced glock with this character
>>
>>34602272
Compared to shooting, 600 bucks on a hobby is kind of small fish. I think VR is fun as hell, I'm going to buy DIRT as soon as I buy a racing wheel. I already have elite dangerous and a flight stick. It's worth the sticker price, sorry if you're too much of a poor fag to into the next generation of gaming.
>>
File: Blackbeard.jpg (220KB, 890x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Blackbeard.jpg
220KB, 890x1600px
>>34602273
:^)
>>
>>34602287
No one who is serious about flight sims, arguably the most appropriate application for VR, uses VR as anything other than a novelty to be thrown in the closet after you use it for 30 minutes.

TrackIR/Freetrack is and will continue to be the preeminent head tracking/immersion enhancing technology for the forseeable future. At least until VR is able to pull off something like 4k-8k resolution per eye at 90-120+fps. And a cable standard even exists to enable that kind of required data rate. And then video processing hardware that can even keep up with producing enough data to satisfy those requirements. And then develop a headset that is comfortable enough to wear/use for more than 20 minutes.

Until then screen door effect, poor resolution, poor refresh rate, and the fact that you have a 4 pound tumor hanging off your face with associated fatigue and pressure points all but kill it beyond it's novelty use by early adopters.
>>
>>34601648
Doom 2 isnt a viable simulator. Original Counterstrike is. And no "fix" or new games will kill original CS its almost 2 decades old. I wasnt talking about GO.
>>
>>34602287
Also, It's not a matter of money. I've dropped over $600 just in DCS modules alone. Not to count all the FSX addons and other sims I've bought. And my $500 pedals and $400 Warthog HOTAS

VR isn't stupid because it costs $600. It's stupid because of the above limitations.
>>
>>34602314
Kek. So you've never worn one, huh? Should I address each of your points in turn or just leave you floundering for any excuse on why you can hate something you've never even held in your hand?
>>
>>34602334
My bother bought the Oculous meme and I've tried the Vive.

Try again retard.

I date you to sit there and lie through your teeth pretend like wearing one of those abominations for any reasonable amount of time is "comfortable". Or how their shit tier resolution and screed door effect isn't a big deal.

Meanwhile I'll continue to fly with my 55" 4k display and track IR and have all of the benefits of immersion and head tracking with none of those limitations.

>inb4 I'm missing out on all those shit """VR""" meme game tech demos
>>
>>34602316

counterstrike is not appreciably different from doom II in terms of how simplistic it is. people will still play it but people will still play doom. people are getting bored with it, because, it's boring. rainbow six siege is a model for a game that truly challenges competitors on a creative and tactical level.
>>
>>34602361
Maybe if you have serious eye problems, there would be an issue.
>screen door effect
Literally not noticeable on objects farther than 4 inches from your face
>resolution
Because number of squares is what makes a game enjoyable and immersive, it's not like some of the most pillar games in history are 5 generations old by this point
>weight of the headset
Do you weigh sixty pounds? I've spent 4 hours straight with my oculus on with zero discomfort. Of course, I'm capable of performing four hours of mild physical activity without being completely gassed. Maybe you should take that as a hint and regulate your diet and exercise more
>IT WOULD BE BEST FOR MUH FLIGHT SIMS
This is the one that got me. Why the fuck would you think a VR headset would be best utilized in a scenario where you are in an enclosed cabin with monitor sized view ports anyways? Why WOULDNT you build a cock pit? If that's the most you can see coming out of VR, you should try reading a book sometime. Your creative thinking is all sorts of fucked. If you don't think being able to use an extension of your own body to play games like doom is just the sickest shit, you don't deserve to play video games. Stick to your over priced flight sims, fly boy. You're the gaming equivalent of a fudd.
>>
>>34602365
Doom doesnt have much in the way of community. 1.6 still has tens of thousands that still play online, which will be more than your meme game in 4 years. CS introduced being seen-is-dying gameplay, logistic management and door kicking problems that get the job done in terms of teaching. Doom has none of that. I haven't played Siege but it looks as tactical as COD. Simplicity is what keeps a game tactical, not gunshields or whatever the fuck your defending.
>>
>>34601609
A fair bit but not full retard if it was a mounted gun
>>
>>34602413
Not to mention all of the OIF, OEF, and other GWoT vets that still play it because its what they grew up on. Most people you encounter that still play it play for keeps.
>>
>>34602412
>>screen door effect
>Literally not noticeable on objects farther than 4 inches from your face
Complete apologetics bullshit. Screen door effect is a constant annoyance.

>Because number of squares is what makes a game enjoyable and immersive
The entire premise behind """VR""" is visual fucking immersion. Are you really this fucking stupid that you don't understand that poor resolution and frame rate destroys that visual immersion?

>>weight of the headset
>Do you weigh sixty pounds?
You don't have to weigh 60 pounds to feel the discomfort of having a big tumor sitting on your face causing fatigue and pressure points. No one cares how long you pretended you didn't care you were uncomfortable. Anyone that says these tumors are anything close to comfortable is a fucking liar. That means you.

>>IT WOULD BE BEST FOR MUH FLIGHT SIMS
Flight sims stand to benefit most for increased immersive technology. Hence why people spend hundreds on TrackIR setups, gauges, etc. The sensation of flight is one of the best demonstrations of increased immersion. Standing and looking around in a room manipulating some bullshit in a shitty tech demo is small potatoes. Even worse when your movement (if your shitty tech demo even allows movement outside of stepping twice in any direction) comes in the form of pressing a fucking button on a fucking D pad..

Your meme tier novelty delusion is sad. I guarantee if you're not a fresh owner not still wrapped up in the novelty, you don't use your """VR""" more than a handful of times every few months, if that.
>>
>>34602413

counterstrike doesn't have 'door kicking' problems in any way that doom II doesn't. the 'logistics' are a meme joke that have no relation to anything that vaguely resembles the problems that elite soldiers have to solve. 'seen-is-dying'? more like, 'who is more autistic with a mouse'.

counter-strike at its very best can be seen as a competition to see who has better reflexes.

it is no longer reasonable to consider it a 'tactical' game.

rainbow six siege on the other hand is something that nobody even truly understands yet, and which despite glaring back end problems, continues to grow and which addicts an unprecedented percentage of people that pick it up. the reason for this is that compared to Siege, cs makes every single match feel like the exact same match over and over again.

counterstrike is absolutely not capable of challenging your creativity, emotions, situational awareness, psychological insight, tactical comprehension, and your ability to control and react to chaos and danger in the way that siege can. it's over fucking ten years old at this point. it has been surpassed.

>>34602451

eventually it'll just be 'that game that old people play'.
>>
>>34602478
>games age

Son there is still a Rogue Spear community, and that is even older than Counter Strike. And it shits on Siege in every way in terms of all those meme words you spew such as """"psychological insight""", """"tactical comprehension"""" and """"emotions"""".

Yes, Siege with its kiwi neon green skins and pay2win operators is TRULY challenging my emotions. Jesus fucking christ I can't tell if you are a ubishit shill or a genuine moron.
>>
>>34602469
Every response was you shouting NUN UH. Good job on that. So for the second time
>screen door
I literally do not see what people describe as "screen door effect". I have the retail edition of the rift. My girlfriend said the vive is much worse. I have trouble reading size 8 font in VR. I also have trouble reading size 8 font in real life, so I don't complain
>resolution
Robo recall looks just as crisp as any medium end game made to be fun to play that isn't on VR. I'm sorry that having a few less pixels makes games unfun for you
>frame rate
LMAO ITS 120 AT ALL TIMES. what the fuck, just because you played on a potato doesn't mean my 960 doesn't crush every game I've thrown at it so far.
>4 pound tumor
It's about 2 pounds and seeing as I'm not a little bitch, I don't notice it. You say "hurr Durr. You must get uncomfortable" all you want, but 2 hour play sessions are the norm for me and I have no discomfort.
>muh immersions
Yes, because rotating 360 degrees and seeing nothing but game isn't immersive.
I understand if your pencil neck can't hold up the headset and years of living in a basement have reduced your eyes to pin pricks through which the tiniest amount of light is immediately detectable, but my rift is just the sickest shit.
>>
>>34602469
Ha, shitty tech demo. I get it now, you haven't actually played a proper VR game have you?
>>
>>34602478
>counter-strike at its very best can be seen as a competition to see who has better reflexes.
you've never played the game
>>
>>34602494

i'm going to write you off as some recalcitrant memer who has opinions for the sake of having them, since you clearly have no fucking clue what rainbow six siege is, you don't even know what is being discussed here, yet you come up with extremely opinionated responses that you can not possibly have any actual reason for... get lost.

>>34602516

you're not good at guessing
>>
>>34601580
Insurgency and Day of Infamy are the perfect mix of realism and arcade.
>>
>>34602531
take out the hitscan and it would be
>>
>>34602516
>maps so small and so stale you can frag spawn areas by throwing grenades at the right pixel in the sky box
>trash audio where foot steps give your position away with 100% accuracy
>repeatable recoil patterns
>identical spawns round after round after round
Nah, it's a reaction time simulator. That's it.
>>
>>34602510
>implying there's a proper VR game that at least doesn't feel like a tech demo
>>
>>34602518
And I am going to write you off as a useless piece of shit who is enforcing his equally shit opinions onto others.

I still wait for you to explain to me how Siege "challenges your emotions".

Your turn kiddo
>>
I don't know who's who in here, and I never played R6S, but defending Counter-Strike...Jesus.

CS really is nothing but the gamiest of games, with not a shred of simulation in there.
>>
>>34602501
Funny part is I've spent more than you could imagine on immersive tech and I guarantee I'm bigger and in much better shape than you.

Keep apologizing for """VR""" memetech. It's shit and you know it.

>I HAVE 960 AN ITS GUD
daw babby's first poverty range video card

p.s. a 960 cannot maintain 120fps in """VR"""with any semblance of respectable video quality or fidelity.

Your arguments amount to "NUH UH! all those well known and readily verifiable flaws to """"VR"""" don't really exist for me in my rose colored delusion".

Then you pretend you're /fit/ because your 160lb DYEL body pretends to find a 4 pound tumor on your face comfortable.

top kek retard
>>
>>34602510
name one single """VR""" game that is fully fleshed out and doesn't exist simply for the fact that it can take advantage of the new and flowed technology. Show me one non-novelty tier """VR""" game.

>inb4 standing on a platform shooting at things, or standing on a platform looking at things or standing on a platform picking things up
>inb4 a non-VR game that they made VR compatible just to let you look around and doesn't offer anything outside of trackIR/freetrack capabilities.
>>
>>34602550
dirt
Robo recall
Brookhaven is right on the middle
Doom VFR
Fallout VR
Elite dangerous
Mage's tale
Keep talking and no one explodes
I expect you to die
There's dozens of Indy horror games. A couple more solid FPS game that I haven't bought yet. Not to mention the fact that unreal 4 has native VR support and we're seeing more big developers picking up VR support. So yeah, I guess there are "no real games" now that touch is out and vive is gaining traction. Sorry there isn't a 100 title launch, but there's plenty of fun to be had.
>>
>>34602541

literally this.

at a casual/amateur level you can improve your win rate by using a specific set of proven strategies.

at a professional level it's just a reaction time simulator.

rainbow six siege is far, far more challenging. it's almost organic in that.

>>34602552

if you're too stupid to figure out what that means, you're too stupid to understand the explanation.
>>
>>34602568
>standing on a platform and shooting things
>non-VR games with head tracking are now VR games

Fucking called it.
>>
>>34602571
>hurr durr I am not going to chip in with an argument, hurr durrr u dum, hurr durr!!!111

Yeah, I thought so. Fuck off, it's you who is too stupid here, too stupid to understand the concept behind internet message boards.
>>
>>34602580

'arguing' and 'arguments' are for retards.
>>
>>34602577
Whoops, robo recall has full movement, DIRT is one of those fancy sims you were touting, mage's tale is a full movement, full interaction puzzle game, and there are a bunch of shooters that aren't on rails. Maybe you should try not spouting factually incorrect bullshit constantly. Do you want me to post screen shots and netgraphs when I get home? You do realize that the DK1 has been gone for a long time, right?
>>
File: R6Siege-Hibana.jpg (324KB, 1000x1800px) Image search: [Google]
R6Siege-Hibana.jpg
324KB, 1000x1800px
>>34601253
This is a uniformed Japanese police officer.
>>
>>34602600
>"""full movement""" """"VR""""
>mashing a button on a D pad to relocate your platform

yea nah, you're a faggot and VR is shit.
>>
>>34602577
Oh, and I forgot to mention that DOOM VFR is a brand new campaign with brand new levels and fallout has full interactivity and physics simulation. Including reloads, switches, and random trash on the ground. Again, I'm sorry you don't know how to have fun. Enjoy your shitty hot ass prebuilt flight sticks c:
>>
>>34602604
I'm sorry, do you have a field to play in? Are you actually retarded? I personally don't like running into walls, so I don't quite understand your issue. Do you think you can't walk in robo recall?
>>
>>34602607
>this non VR game added a moving platform that you can shoot from
>and this one added novelty controller functions and """physics""""

top kek.

You're an idiot that doesn't even know what he's saying.
>>
>>34602601

i'd try defending r6s on this because these are supposed to be people so talented that they make their own rules, but, i can't since they have skins. i'll say that 'everyone having unique uniforms and being 'characters' instead of just 'picking what you bring with you' or something does bother me.

it crushes my soul, actually.
>>
>>34602613
>FULL VR IMMERSION
>please press d pad to move forward

Totally legit bro. Not hokey or stupid at all. Not at all.
>>
>>34602614
Doom uses the teleport power from way back in doom 1 as its movement mechanic. It's an actually part of doom since 19whenever and it first came out. Now you're moving goal posts on what would make VR good when I point out that the things you blather about actually exist. Just take a deep breath, it's ok.
>>
>>34602625
>sorry guys, we cant even make the platform move with a D-pad so we half assed it and just teleport the platform to different places so you can shoot at stuff with your meme controllers
>It's okay though we retconned a totally legit explanation for our retarded movement mechanics

You literally drank the kool aid this hard. Fucking LOL
>>
>>34602621
You're literally, completely, verifiably, and factually WRONG. That's what I'm trying to fucking tell you, you shit flinging chimpanzee. You can WALK AROUND INSIDE OF VR. YOU ARE LIMITED ONLY BY THE SIZE OF THE ROOM YOU ARE STANDING IN. If you are arguing that VR is bad because you don't have a fucking WAREHOUSE to play in and then blaming at on the fucking headset, you need to throw yourself off a roof. If you had a warehouse and a daisy chain of USB hubs, you could play robo recall start to finish and never teleport. The only exception being when you need to JUMP 100 FEET STRAIGHT IN THE AIR. I'm sure that would be a great featur to have you do in 1 to 1 movement, you gigantic, clucking, Down syndrome addled water head.
>>
>>34602648
>YOU CAN TAKE THREE STEPS ON YOUR PLATFORM SO IT"S TOTALLY IMMERSIVE AND NOT SHIT I SWEAR

Everyone knows how room scale VR works retard, it's still fucking shit.

deal with it.
>>
>>34601919
Exactly. Games is good so they resell it over and over. Same with CoD. Though i believe (((F2P))) is more advanced and effective model. See Riot been riches motherfuckers out there.
>>
>>34602652
Kek.
Let's compare
>flight sim with IR head tracking that sperg so out if you're not sitting perfectly in sight of your shitty webcams with fancy branding
>turn your head too far and your camera spergs the fuck out
>can't look behind you
>flight sim with a headset
>wonder what's behind me
>I turn around and look.
Have fun with your antiquated relics, flyboy.
>>
>>34602666
Oh please tell me what VR headset you're referring too. Not even PSVR is that bad.
>>
>>34602666
>>flight sim with IR head tracking that sperg so out if you're not sitting perfectly in sight of your shitty webcams with fancy branding
>>turn your head too far and your camera spergs the fuck out

>still higher fidelity and more immersion than a low resolution 12 pound tumor on your face with shit visual fidelity and an ever present hideous grid of black lines all over everything you look at

>>can't look behind you

what is non-linear movement scaling

>>wonder what's behind me
>>I turn around and look.

Can do literally the exact same thing with TrackIR/Freetrack without a low resolution aborted tumor on your face

keep trying memetech fag. VR is shit.
>>
>>34602673
The camera sperging is a common problem with IR head tracking for monitor displays. Headsets work fine, bullshit webcams designed to detect you rotating your head while still focusing on the center of your stationary monitor do NOT work well. In case you didn't realize, fly boy here is saying that a stationary monitor whose camera is controlled by turning your head is better than a VR headset. Which is objectively,subjectively, factually wrong.
>>
>>34602682
>keeps getting BTFO
>doubles down on manlets can't wear sunglasses meme
>says he CAN turn around and look at what's behind him
>he actually turns around and sees his shitty kitchen chair he uses for his (((cockpit)))
LMAO. You can't even 1 to 1 movement and you say the rift is strapped to a pedestal? What happens when you need to turn 180 degrees and keep looking there, you just use the worst part of you vision and stare out the side of your head? What are you, some kind of chameleon?
>>
>>34602684
>webcams designed to detect you rotating your head while still focusing on the center of your stationary monitor do NOT work well.

Except they do.
This is why literally everyone in competitive flight sim combat uses TrackIR.

No one uses VR tumor abortions because they are not immersive, have shit visual fidelity and do not perform at high enough fps at an acceptable visual quality to be competitive.

Try picking out a bogey at 5 miles when your fucking screen that's 2 inches from your face doesn't even have the visual fidelity to render it. And even if it did, it would be indistinguishable for the horrible fucking screen door effect.

You literally have no idea what your talking about.

"""VR""" is only useful for meme tier add ons to non-VR games and shitty low-depth tech demo tier games that no one wants to play for more than 12 minutes unless they are 12 years old.

it is a shit novelty tech and you cannot provide anything to show it is anything but.
>>
>>34602695
spoken like a retard that literally has never used a trackIR setup.

You have no idea how it works.
>>
>>34602695
lol youve never used trackir before have you?
>>
>>34602701
>competitive combat flight simulations
You could just say abstinence generator for short
Face it, no one gives a single corn nugget shit about your tiny little niche market. You stay stapled to you chair, I doubt you can stand anyone. I'll keep my 1 to 1 movement, full physics simulation, and my 3D porn. Oh, did I forget to mention that? While you're spanking it to your 2000 dollars worth of lowest tier plastic flight controls labeled as "100 scale models of the real wart hog flight stick!" I'll be rubbing one out with interactive 3D porn.
>>
>>34602695
>You can't even 1 to 1 movement and you say the rift is strapped to a pedestal?
both ar limited fidelity immersion techonlogies. One you can comfortably look around 360 degrees without some shit on your face and have the benefit of a 4k display and acceptable frame rates.

The other you are stuck with shitty quality monitors strapped to your face, so close that the visual quality is muddied/diminished with the space between the pixels and all you gain is 1:1 head movement and some meme controllers that aren't useful for anything other than tech demos.
>>
>>34602718
Tech demos and tiddies, anon. Don't forget that it was tiddies that killed Betamax and HDdvd.
>>
>>34602715
>You could just say abstinence generator for short

Says the guy that claims to spend hours with a tumor on his face spinning around alone in his room.

>Face it, no one gives a single corn nugget shit about your tiny little niche market.
That's exactly what I've been saying... No one gives a shit about """VR""".
Because it's shit.

>You stay stapled to you chair, I doubt you can stand anyone.
As I've said. i guarantee I'm in better shape than you. keep trying with their shit argument that completely falls flat given that you're a worthless DYEL shit.

>full physics simulation
Physics simulation is not VR exclusive. What are you even talking about? Do you even know what a computer is?

>my 3D porn.
>I'll be rubbing one out with interactive 3D porn
Says the guy trying to pretend he's not a virgin.

kek
you're a retard and VR is shit.
>>
>>34602734
Considering I carry 50 pounds of bags and climb about 84 floors of stairs a night, I really doubt you're in better shape than me when your primary complaint is not being able to comfortably support 2 pounds with you neck.
>>
>>34601996
>not looking down the sights
What the fuck is the point of that "game" then? Is this whole webm meant to be bait?
>>
>>34602760
If it's a video from the Dev, keep in mind he's confirmed no guns. He's kept everything pretty damn accurate though, anytime someone calls him on some bullshit he fixes it. It's pretty solid.
>>
>>34602135
why didnt they use them sooner?

also whats wrong with the color in the pic?
>>
Why are VR fans so rabidly defensive? Is it because they spent hundreds of dollars on their toys and reactive defensively to prevent buyers remorse?
>>
>>34602747
>he lifts 50 pounds and walks up stairs so he thinks he's /fit/

top fucking kek.
>>
>>34602760
i think the way the vive records it only records one eye instead of 2, so probs just got the wrong eye
>>
>>34602802
Stupid demo then.
>>
>>34602779
Let's create a scenario. Let's say you spend a decent amount of money on a pistol. Now some sperglord on th intenet says "lol, that gun doesn't even shoot bullets, it just shoots flares". You correct him and he spergs out, saying his gun is better because it has better sights, a better trigger, and has more range, and is also a rifle. Rifles are better than pistols. You correct him, telling him that you use your pistol for things you wouldn't use a rifle for. He goes on to say that because he uses his rifle in a biathlon, it's better than your middle of the road pistol. This is the situation we see unfolding.
>>
>>34602804
agreed, that game seems a little meh. Onward on the other hand looks right up this boards alley
>>
>>34602788
>he can't lift two pounds for more than 10 minutes but he'll virtue post
>DO YOU EVEN LIFT BRO doesn't even begin to describe
>fails to realize that lifts, presses, and curls are all just ways to carry things with isolated muscle groups
>he thinks I don't wrist curl bags as I'm climbing stairs to improve grip strength.
>fails to realize squats engage literally the same muscles as climbing stairs.
>doing so quickly gives me cardio and strength at the same time
>have to work my core at home by banging my girlfriend
Oh noes, clearly I'm just a basement dwelling fatty. So why do you think a 2 pound helmet is uncomfortable again? Do you have spinal injuries?
>>
>>34602813
Except the actual scenario here is the deficiencies of the tech are being clearly explained to you and you're plugging your ears and yelling NANANANANANANAANANANANANANA.

Simple fact of the matter is that current VR sucks ass for flight sims and no proper non-gimmick games have been made for it. The best that's been posted in this thread is a rage-inducing demo of a guy not even aiming down the sights in a game that isn't even a game.
>>
>>34602531

> hitscan

no thanks senpai
>>
>>34601609
http://www.combatreform.org/gunshield.htm

Sparky thinks its a good idea, so its probably a terrible idea.

Aside from that, the depictions show its too far forward, which ruins the center of balance on the gun, and makes it more difficult to hold. Closer to the center would make more sense.
>>
>>34602843
So all the games you don't like you just label as gimmicks, which is every game that isn't a flight sim which your bullshit, non 1 to 1 movement does bette by virtue of the monitor that isn't even a part of the motion tracking, AND it still doesn't even track your hands. That's why your set up is "technologically superior" despite the incredibly high pixel density of the screen on the rift. And you STILL haven't told me why you think wearing something on your head is uncomfortable when I own hats that are heavier than s rift.
>>
>this thread
Go back to fucking >>>/v/ you retards
>>
>>34602821
>he thiinks walking up stairs and lifting 50 pounds is the same as squatting with big boy weight
>girlfriend
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: Livday-cmdo2.jpg (178KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
Livday-cmdo2.jpg
178KB, 1280x544px
>>34601253
>You've had your eight Mr. Bond!
>Now have my eighty
>>
>>34602288
>Deagle

SEAL's sure get all the cool stuff
>>
>>34603687
Still haven't answered why you can't carry two pounds above your shoulders, yet you have no problem squatting "big boy weight".
>>
>>34602478
Yes it does have door kicking problems. When stalemated at a long corridor with an entrenched sniper at the end, one can feign a rush with smoke, actually rush with smoke, try to go the short way, or feign short and time it to how much time until you think the sniper will believe you left. Let alone slicing the pie everywhere. Doom had none of that. If your shitty game is what it looks like theres a bajillion irrelevant pieces of equipment to unentrench a sniper with like lol7.62stoppinggunshield.

>>34602541
Grenades dont kill off spawn lol. And the foot sound is supposed to be accurate to discourage run and gun and also make visibility and speed a cut and dry tradeoff. The repeatable rounds make the "emotional" aspect of the game. You cant just camp a door because they will be wise to you the next round.
>>
>>34602478
Less is more. CS challenges your creativity because there is a bare bones set of variables to work with. 3 types of common grenades, equal movement, and among skilled players pretty much equally lethal weapons. Too many bells and whistles in your meme game to challenge creativity or isolate situational awareness
>>
File: th.jpg (11KB, 300x277px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
11KB, 300x277px
nothing new
>>
>>34601347
Valkyrie best SEAL <3
>>
>>34602619
Honestly the characters need to be Identifiable so it can have liberties to pull this off. However I'm willing to bet after the fact someone doodles in the concepts of the shit skins after the original artist who designed their look has moved on.
>>
>>34605447
you don't seem to understand the difference between "can't do something" and "uncomfortable"

Not suprising considering how big of a fucking moron you are.

I can DL 3xBW faggot you think 50lbs is a lot of weight.
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.