[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not your typical SHTF bag.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: prep link.jpg (992KB, 2160x2880px) Image search: [Google]
prep link.jpg
992KB, 2160x2880px
After years of building Bug Out Bags, INCH stuff and everything survival I can ruck for 3 days to a year I've always wondered what you guys would consider never needing something else.
I'm looking for a one-and-done list of bomb-proof items to carry as an EDC level one all the way to a level 3 Bag of stuff so tough it'll outlast my grandchildren.

Through all season changes.
Through any type of weather.
Spare no expense.
>>
>>34600553

First off, what is your buget?
>>
>>34600553
Are you soliciting Schlieffen Plan-esque shit from us or what OP?
>>
>>34600553
My personal set up,

Level 1 belt carried items.

>I am partial to pvc lined leather belts, i cant remember the brand off hand, bit mine has lasted 4 years without any stretching or damage.
>Very small ifak pouch(no bigger than 4in) with tweezers, scissors, surgical tape, a bunch of guaze packets, needles, bic lighter, fenix flash light AA, and alcohol packets.
>canteen sized pouch that can fit a nalgene bottle, rifle mags, snacks, etc.
>leatherman supertool, its heavy but very durable, have had one for 8 years and hasnt broke.
Optional
>1 rifle mag, 1 pistol mag, small fixed blade, handgun

Level 2 30-40L pack

>sleeping bag
>kuhl rain jacket, can be rolled up into size of fist
>single person tent, MM raider weighs 1.5lbs and is durable.
>small gym towel
>paracord
>5 bic lighters and a fire starter rod
>suunto compass
>life straw
>stainless steel or titanium canteen
>medium roll up bag, for carrying picked food and such
Optional
>box of ammo for rifle and pistol
>spare magazines
>otis cleaning kit
>jar of vaseline

Level 3 Things i would take and leave from camp or home base

>spotting scope
>axe
>tactical type gear

Since this is /k/

Handgun is a sig 320 carry in 45acp. I already edc this, so at a minimum I would have my level 1 and level 2 on hand in my car.

And depending on the situation and how much time or space i had to take rifles...

I have an ar15 that weighs 6lbs with optic. This would be my go to gun.

If i could, I would also take my 10/22 that i have in a magpul backpacker stock, weighs about 3-4lbs.

And in a dream scenario, i would also grab my bolt rifle.

There are no last forever gear. Only last at least a decade gear
>>
>>34600553
Murphy's gonna be all over those preppers.
>>
>>34601106
That's the plan.
>>
>>34600621
No. That plan failed due to bad agreements.
>>34601085
Looks good bro. Pretty light gear though. 6.5/10 BOB.

thanks
>>
>>34601166
Ya, well i decided that its too difficult to plan for every scenario. In almost every scenario i can think of, i would have access to my car and my house, which would allow me to grab whatever i wanted. So i catered my gear around the absolute minimum I would need to get home quickly, or if randomly aliens blew up my house, what is the minimal i need to get myself to a safe zone. Tactical stuff and armor isnt part of my list because I dont believe random shooting and outlaw society would spring up day one. If i can make it home im good to go. Im pretty much stocked up for a good 3 months if its a scenario with no electricity. That would give me ample time to pack what i need and head to my bug out location. And if i had my vehicle, i would pack as much shit as possible and drive my ass there.
>>
>>34601166
>No. That plan failed due to bad agreements.
Missed the joke dumdum, I'm asking if you're just asking us to provide our hypothetical gogo scenarios so you can provide arbitrary review and jack yourself off like you have in this post.
>>
>>34601085
You have too much armament and no food, spare socks, spare other clothes of any kind, and insufficient water carrying capacity.

>>34601166
>"Looks good bro. Pretty light gear 6.5/10 BOB"
t. Idiot who has never gone camping.
>>
>>34601543
Because this is level 1 and level 2 bug out bag stuff... just has to get me from work to home. Dont need socks or mre to get me 10 miles. Also, all i have is a handgun on me. Gotta make it home for anything else
>>
>>34601166

You're retarded
>>
File: KIMG0360.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0360.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>34600553
Not exactly what you're looking for, but here are directions (to self and gf) in case shtf. Bags are packed, so there's no thinking, just grabbing and following directions. It's good in case she's alone or I'm so fucked up that I can't think.

I've got:
> 10 days of food/water for 2 ppl
> 1500 rounds (9mm, .308)
> Camping gear/filters/meds
> War fighting gear
>>
>>34602015
Should also say this paper is taped to the door in which my bags stay packed.
>>
>>34600553
Is there a poster of this graphic?
>>
>>34602015
>Canned food.
>1500 rounds of ammunition
>Random camping gear

You're car camping with this list, right?
>>
>>34602408

Canned food is for first ten days, hunkering down at home. Camping gear/bow is long term stuff in case we can need to move off from our house.

Believe it or not anon, I am hoping to be prepared for different situations.
>>
>>34600553
SHTF is never going to happen you retards, you're just wasting money.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.