[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Head of French Armed Forces Quits Over Budget Cuts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

File: _96997990_040673422-1.jpg (38KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
_96997990_040673422-1.jpg
38KB, 660x371px
>The head of the French armed forces has quit after a clash with President Emmanuel Macron over budget cuts.

>Gen Pierre de Villiers said in a statement he could no longer "guarantee the durability of the army model" that he considered necessary to ensure France's protection.

>France's government last week revealed major cuts to bring its budget deficit below the level of an EU cap.

>Gen de Villiers, 60, was infuriated by an €850m ($975m; £752m) cut in the military spending budget for 2017. Most was to come from cuts to equipment.

>As part of that effort, the government has earmarked €850m in savings in military spending for the year. New equipment orders will be delayed or cancelled and the defence ministry is also being asked to take on the €1.3bn cost of foreign operations.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40653756
>>
Germany will provide the army now :)
>>
>>34600523
France surrenders again to foreign invaders, what's new?
>>
>>34600623
HAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Germany's military is in shambles after years of neglect and mismanagement. Their Defense Minister has said it would take a decade of 2 percent GDP spending to get it where it needs to be.
>>
>>34600662
It really sucks. People seem to think that if shit ever hit the fan they'd be able to throw money at the problem and magic a military out of the fucking ether.
>>
>>34600726
I think they're just hoping they can be perpetual dickbags to the US and still rely on them entirely for military protection in the event of conflict. Either that or France and Germany are going to simply invite so much garbage into the country that no one would ever want to invade.
>>
File: IMG_3716.jpg (817KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3716.jpg
817KB, 2048x1536px
>France and German military in shambles
>Britain literally could not care what happens in continental Europe
SOON my Italian brothers
>>
File: maxresdefault[2].jpg (140KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[2].jpg
140KB, 1920x1080px
>>34600793
I think you meant [pictured]

problem is that Italy's economy is a mess.
>>
Also note, Macron did this right after hanging out with Trump at a military parade. It almost feels like he's telling Trump to fuck himself...by punching himself in the balls.
>>
File: nato[1].jpg (297KB, 660x993px) Image search: [Google]
nato[1].jpg
297KB, 660x993px
>>34600754
Trump and Mattis should demand that the Europeans start conducting exercises to see how much and how fast they can deploy troops and equipment to the USA. Since NATO is supposed to be a mutual defense organization. If the USA ever got attacked by a foreign nation on home soil. The fuckers better be able to back us up.
>>
I don't think it'll change anything. Then again, France is more likely to go to war with itself at this point.
>>
>>34600793
Balkanization of Italy, finally!
>>
>>34600662
Nah man, see this whole flooding of refugees from the middle east IS the defensive philosophy all along. EU is trying to make itself Middle East 2.0

Russia will think twice before invading another middle eastern country again and the US is still eating spoons of bitterness from our romp in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Its brilliant, really.
>>
>>34600924
Everyone fucking knows NATO is 99.9% USA. If we get attacked, we might as well just leave our expectations of nato help at maybe 0.5/100 and go at it solo. If UK can spare a guy and France can send a box of cheese, then all the better.
>>
>>34600924
>>34603371

This has actually already happened, it was Operation Eagle Assist:

http://www.nato.int/docu/update/2002/04-april/e0430a.htm

>Operation Eagle Assist began on 9 October 2001 following the North Atlantic Council's 4 October decision to take measures to operationalise Article 5 of the Washington Treaty. To date, 830 crew members from 13 NATO nations have patrolled US skies in the NATO AWACS for nearly 4300 hours in over 360 operational sorties. This operation has been a concrete demonstration of Allied solidarity.
>>
>>34600523
ITT: amerisharts circlejerking.
None of that matters anyway, because France is (officialy since 2002) a puppet regime of the US. Macron etc are from "Young leaders".
>>
>>34600793
>inb4 Caesar's Legion
>>
>>34600523
In a previous thread I warned you about the will of Macron to destroy the French army to force the creation of an EU army.
>muh conspiracy
Guess what will happen when all European forces will be out of the control of the national assemblies... How and why will these forces be employed? Who will win the military contracts and how?
It's already a bribe fest, imagine the future mess with this kind of cynical banker.
>>
Surely the US gets something in return for basically being yurops policeman?
>>
File: JUST FUCK MY LIFE.jpg (446KB, 1061x1167px) Image search: [Google]
JUST FUCK MY LIFE.jpg
446KB, 1061x1167px
>>34603813
>In a previous thread I warned you about the will of Macron to destroy the French army to force the creation of an EU army.

Only surprise is how fast he started doing that.
>>
>its another /pol/ thread in /k/
as if /k/ wasn't ignorant enough now we have this fucking merger of retardation
thread is literally a bunch of underage retards mouthing off about things they don't understand and managing to look like a bunch of autistic schizos
>>
Should just overthrow and guillotine this monarchist piece of shit head off
>>
>>34606456
Yeah foreals anon

to bring it back /k/ related...

Does this mean the FAMAS will still be around for WW3? I bet HK is shitting bricks about thier French contract lol
>>
>>34603896
all of its wealth?
>>
>>34606579
Finally, somebody discussing what actually matters.
I came here thinking that people were gonna talk about how the 416 is probably not gonna replace the FAMAS anytime soon but found a bunch of autistic conspiracy theorists who refer to refugees as "invaders" and are retarded enough to believe pants-on-head hoaxes.

Anyway, cutting army budget is nothing new and it's something that happens. France among other countries have been having these kind of problems for a while now and it has nothing to do with Macron being some kind of liberal faggot. Replacing the standard service weapon in any country isn't that fucking simple as some simpletons believe, nor is running a country. If it was, Britain would have ditched the fucking bullpup abomination they have.
>>
>>34606456
>>34606579
The use of weapons is rather /k/ related. In this case it's also a bit political, but wether an army should be used like this or like that is a topic that belongs to this board in my humble opinion.
>>
>>34606708
Politically incorrect retardation belongs in the board that is literally called Politically Incorrect.
Only me and >>34606579 are talking about weapons, and specifically weapons, while the rest including the OP are making a bunch of nonsensical inane posts about refugees and spouting conspiracy theory memes like Eurabia.
>>
>>34606813
It happens in lots of threads. There's a reason why there's this sticky >>27429060 here and not in the other boards: discussions about weapons/war/army are never far from politics.
Example: the replacement of the FAMAS by a non French rifle is a topic about weapons, sure, but you know it's all about economics and politics.
>>
>>34606687
The main issue is that it doesn't make much sense. He's decreasing the budget to drop below the deficit cap for 2017, but promises to then increase the budget from 2018 onwards. What difference does a single year make? Villers was right to say he felt like he was getting jerked around.
>>
>>34600523
Must support the Syrian immigrants from Somalia.
>>
>>34603455
I guarantee that is the most negligible thing they could ever do. An air patrol for like 6 months total? Sweet, we will take care of literally everything else

What a fucking joke our NATO allies are.
>>
>>34606940
One can even say War is another form of politics...
>>
>>34603896
If you count trillions of debt as a thing then yes.
>>
>>34603326
>fatnik education
>>
>>34607050
Just balkanize already.............................
>>
>>34600793
We will rise once more.
>>
>>34606687
>I came here thinking that people were gonna talk about how the 416 is probably not gonna replace the FAMAS anytime soon

They're going to be in service along side each other for quite a while, they aren't going to have a single day where the entire military chucks the old service weapons in a dumpster. That being said France has no choice but to buy new weapons, the FAMAS' they have are decades old and beat to shit.

>autistic conspiracy theorists who refer to refugees as "invaders"

I wouldn't call them invaders, but they aren't refugees either. They're migrants.
>>
>>34606940
You don't understand though.
This? This isn't politics.
NOBODY here understands politics, beyond "niggers do all the crime and this statistic proves it, refugees are invaders raping and pillaging countries like a band of vikings, trump is a great president because he says stupid things and doesnt give a fuck, le pen is le alt right queen" memes.
Furthermore, you're wrong.
Weapons have nothing to do with politics. It's not even possible to connect war to politics.
Hell, back in the day alot of armies were straight up independent from the trivial matters of their parliaments, and still are but more subtly.
The fucking word "politics" means nothing, it's just another word for bullshit.
>>
>>34607004
They just had a few NATO exercises this year that had minimal US involvement.

>>34600924
>If the USA ever got attacked by a foreign nation on home soil.
I'd be impressed if anybody could even do that T B H.

>Since NATO is supposed to be a mutual defense organization.
Party true, it's a way of the US to exert soft and hard power across the world. We gain a lot from it.
>>
>>34607088
>It's not even possible to connect war to politics.
That is incorrect, not to be quoting Clausewitz, but was is a continuation of politics by more dynamic means. Militaries exist to help further a nation-states political agenda, whether it's financial, political or geographic.

>Hell, back in the day alot of armies were straight up independent from the trivial matters of their parliaments, and still are but more subtly.
The fucking word "politics" means nothing, it's just another word for bullshit.
How are you coming to this conclusion?
>>
>>34607097
Who is we.

This is an anonymous image board.

I'm guess you mean United States, maybe.
>>
>>34607088
>refugees are invaders raping and pillaging countries like a band of vikings
>refugees

You keep using that word, I don't think you know what it means. The viking comparison isn't far off. They were an example of a mass migration. It's happened a lot in history, and it's always been a source of conflict.
>>
File: 1487174512092.jpg (38KB, 636x692px) Image search: [Google]
1487174512092.jpg
38KB, 636x692px
>>34607086
"they aren't refugees either. They're migrants"
>>
>>34607069
if you're on the bottom there's no where else to go but up, right? You might be able to take Greece again but over Turkey's looming imperial body.
>>
About the FAMAS, how hard is it to produce a firearm seriously? There are hundreds of manufacturers who produce meme guns from scratch and a country like France can't fund a simple assault rifle programm? wtf where is the cuckery?
>>
>>34607210
Wow, that image macro really opened my eyes. What a fool I've been.
>>
>>34607252
If you want to see a country fuck up making an assault rifle, go look at India and the INSAS. They fucked up making a goddamn AK clone.
>>
File: Cheetah Kek..png (481KB, 509x480px) Image search: [Google]
Cheetah Kek..png
481KB, 509x480px
>>34600793
>Shitaly
>White
>>
>>34607293
>They fucked up making a goddamn AK clone
Illiterate Pashtun can make AKs with their bare hands but Indians can't? lol
>>
>>34603813
A EU army will lead to the breakup of NATO 110% guaranteed.
It shifts the EU from pointless commie bureacracy to global power, and it's already trying to beat us economically.
Less than a decade later (depending on who's president) and the US will kick EU member states out and divide europe between NATO and EU.
Right about this time US and Russia get real, reeeaaaall close and we start drawing imaginary lines on a map again
>>
>>34607252
Why even bother with some special snowflake design, just pick from the dozen designs out there and start making your own.
>>
>>34603896
Not having to constantly skullfuck them into submission when they start getting big ideas
>>
>>34607252
Well, for the replacement of the famas, the government decided to put aside Verney-Carron's project in favor of the HK416 mostly because of the price (and to better our relations with germany). Our other manufacturers could have been competitive, had they not been closed by our government years ago...
>>
Trump just fucking met with Macaroni.
Obama stuck his nose in against Brexit, Trump wants NATO to take defense seriously, but an EU Army is strongly detrimental to US strategic interests, and a long term threat to the US and Britain
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>34600523
Don't worry, France. FN and HK might be off the table, but you can still afford a perfectly adequate service rifle:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m4-moe-ept-freedom-rifle-flat-dark-earth-516445846.html
>>
>>34607293
>>34607336

It really is as shit as can be.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-insas-5-56mm-rifle-a-close-and-careful-look.69212/
>>
>>34607162
>Who is we.
The United States. We get more out of NATO than most people know.
>>
>>34607004
And despite all their budget cuts and hippie red tape and operational infirmities, our NATO allies are still the most professional militaries on Earth. They have modern air and anti-air capabilities, competent personnel, and a low propensity towards corruption, desertion, or mediocrity.

They won't be ready for the next war, but their armies won't evaporate like Saddam's did in 2003.
>>
>>34607376
An EU army would just be an excuse to spend even less money than they already do.
>>
File: DSC05559.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05559.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
>>34607481
Seriously... I'm 100% certain that France can't fail that bad.
>>
>>34606485
/thread
>>
>>34607638
An EU army turns Europe into a superstate. Breaking free from american influence will be the first fucking thing on the docket.
>>
>>34607299

Elaborate. I will jump at the chance of being at last a poc and to be free of the Oppression Olympics. If Italians are black we can't do anyhing wrong and we need money, from Germany mostly. Why the Somalis can get it and we can't?

>>34600793

The Italian army is a mess of corruption, mismanagement and random inefficiency. Plus they're all fascists (wish I was joking, volunteer army created a circlejerk of low-tier fascist asshats). The fleet is something different and could be far more efficient, but budget is a tragedy.
>>
>>34607004
>6 months total for an allied operation

That's actually an extremely long duration and not something to scoff at. In comparison the US internally does a one month long exercise, that in the field only lasts 2 weeks before it validates units are ready to deploy to Afghanistan, iraq, etc.

Most us led joint operations last a single week to a month long.
>>
>>34607088
Explain the cold war.

War is connected exclusively to politics. Name the times in history the military decided to go to war without the political governing body telling it to.
>>
>>34608568
>Explain the cold war
>the cold war
I don't think you know what the cold war is.
But it's easy to answer your question: It's not a war.
>Name the times in history the military decided to go to war without the political governing body telling it to
Here's an addition to that answer.
You're a fucking idiot, and ought to educate yourself.
>>
>>34608920
This is bait right?
The cold war wasn't a war strictly because of politics, and economics showing how grossly interconnected the two are.

Then educate me. Literally name a single war where the military body went to war without the governing body approval. I goggle searched and couldn't find one.

The fact is military and politics are absolutely on the same spectrum throughout all history.
>>
>>34600793
We could kill two birds with one stone here...
>Italy invades France
>France has no mili-money
>Italy pays France (and French Taliban) not to attack
>France has mili-moneys
>Italy gets to larp as Rome
>brown people flee to Germoney, French Taliban take up residence in the Khyb-Ruhr Pass and rebuild
>Germoney destabilises, loses de facto leadershit of EU
Novo Roma 2: Varus' Revenge!
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.