[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good AR15 under $1000?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (9KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 274x184px
Any recommendations for a AR15, preferably in 5.56, under 1K?
>>
>>34599974
bushmaster
>>
Most of them. Shit you can get a Colt for near $600 these days and PSA is giving away lowers.
>>
>>34599974

For 1k, just build your own.
>>
Buy this and have it transferred to local FFL: http://www.primaryarms.com/aero-precision-stripped-ar-15-lower-receiver-gen-2-apar501101

Buy this and have it shipped to your house:
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-18-rifle-length-223-wylde-1-7-ss-15-lightweight-keymod-dmr-a2-rifle-kit.html
>>
>>34600017
dont do this the fact you asked /k/ for recommendations means you dont know shit about what you actually want and will end up with superpoorfag special or some expensive ass mishmash of gucci parts that look cool.
just but a colt thats not an expanse.
>>
>>34600055
Yeah, i know i dont know enough to build one, i started this thread to see what people thought of brands really
>>
>>34599974
ruger 556. shoots steel fine and is plenty accurate. $470, spend the rest on mags and ammo.
>>
>>34600044
I actually live near PSA, are their components quality or just cheap?
>>
>>34600055

Just cause you build it, doesn't mean you need to drop all 1k into it. Sit there, do the research, find out what you want, then you build it. If you're uncappable of doing that, than you're just a retard who shouldn't own guns.
>>
>>34600070

It's truly not that hard. Spend about two hours on youtube, watch one of the million guides out there. Then when you're ready and got all the parts, rewatch and build it along with them.
>>
File: IMG_20170417_111015.jpg (486KB, 1765x1310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170417_111015.jpg
486KB, 1765x1310px
>>34599974

BCM Middy upper + whatever lower you want
>>
>>34600107
Depends on the part but a lot of them are made at the FN military plant across the street and have PSAs name put on it.
>>
>>34600132
thats the thing noguns dont have the experience to tell what they really want. on a screen the difference between pencil, a2 profile, and hbar are just numbers. numbers that mean nothing since noguns has never held anything. theres no frame of reference. you have to physically handle and hold it to know what balance you prefer. same goes for furniture.
>>
>>34600157
It's the "Legos" of guns, honestly. I hesitate to even call it "building". But you can just buy a Colt 6920 for $600-$700 and call it a day, too.
>>
>>34600202
That's why I say just a 6920 for the first one and then maybe later jump on one of those PSA "buy a pistol and get umpteen AR lowers free" they keep running and then take your time doing research and saving for uppers/etc and buying the good sales and building out an assortment of ARs. Then you'll end up with a pistol and a slew of ARs of different types for not very much money.
>>
I got my first about a month ago, M&P Sport II for about 500$. Store was going out of business and needed to offload shit.
>>
>>34600587
M&P 15 Sport IIs are really low now. In Canada they cost less than those Chinese ARs.
>>
>>34600614
This, or the PSA
>>
>>34599989
Not that Bushmaster is worth a fuck, but you can get an actual Colt 6920 for under 1k and tons a good ARs in the $700-$1000 that aren't fucking bushmaster. Windham for example
>>
>>34599974
Get a PSA premium with FN CHF barrel and spend the rest on ammo and accessories.
>>
>>34599974
S&W, Ruger or Colt
>>
>>34599974
Ruger now sells a decent full lower for 299. Thrown on a bcm upper or seekins or colt or something that has a great barrel, and youre golden.

Optics wise....if you got less than 400 to spend, get primary arms, or vortex.
>>
>>34599974
might i humbly recommend a $600 ar and $400 worth of training
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.