[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Archery thread go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 607597_ts.jpg (101KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
607597_ts.jpg
101KB, 1155x1155px
Archery thread go
>>
>>34599641
>He don't know how to make a proper thread
>Posts crossbow&composite arrow duo
>He's a gaylord as usual

Kiddo btfo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WJdNxHLnZQ
>>
>>34599758
>primitive bow for hunting

Everyone point and laugh we got us a hippster faggot here.
>>
>>34599975
>Calling a primate tech hipster thing
OP you better go back and start sucking cocks.
>>
>>34600041
Primate tech used by african apes sounds about right
>>
>>34599641
>starting an archery thread with a crossbow

>>34599758
>bushman that thinks technology peaked when when flintknapping was in vogue and everything else was a mistake.
I love that guy's channel, but objectively speaking carbon arrows are far superior to wood.
>>
File: 2gsepmp.jpg (125KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2gsepmp.jpg
125KB, 640x480px
>>
>>34601096
Nice, draw weight?
>>
File: 2dm9gds.jpg (99KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2dm9gds.jpg
99KB, 640x480px
>>34601266
>>
>>34599641
>>34599758
>>34599975

I dunno why archers can't get along.

Flatbows are cool, compounds are cool. You have to be some kind of cunt to think shooting a traditional bow isn't neat; likewise, you're a do-nothing non hunter that's at the apex of the Dunning-Kruger curve if you don't get why people hunt with compounds. 99% of traditional shooters I see have no business launching arrows at living things.
>>
>>34599641
Do yourself a favor, don't buy a barnett crossbow. I had one of theirs dryfire when the trigger bra didnt lockup properly while I was cocking it and it could have easily chopped my dick off. I admit they make aesthetically cool bows but I'll never buy or shoot one ever again. If you want an excellent xbow for fairly cheap check out PSE their Fang 350 is awesome, I have the newer 350 XT and absolutely love it.
>>
>>34601351
Which model Barnett did you have? Not defending them or anything but that sounds like a serious fluke that would come up more often if it was a common issue. People would be loosing fingers left and right if it were the case.
>>
>>34601276
Nice, take any big game with it?
>>
Mines been 100%. Seems I have heard gripes about the one you recommend though as well...limb failure among the gripes
>>
>>34601414
Not yet hopefully soon been too busy playing with things that make pew pew noises
>>
>>34601474
Your Barnett has been 100%?
>>
What's the difference between a scope for a crossbow and a rifle?
>>
What is the highest draw weight there is right now?
>>
>>34601505
yes so far so good
>>
>>34601514
Crossbow scopes usually have a center point that you zero in at 20 yards and then lower points that will correspond to 10 yard increments.
>>
>>34601542
Which model you got?
>>
File: A13-BKCB40.jpg (68KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
A13-BKCB40.jpg
68KB, 1000x1000px
Opinions/input on the 60 dollar crossbow on BudK? Has a 150lb draw weight
>>
>>34601669
Nothing too spectacular // Predator 175lb draw 375fps 22" bolt run 100/125grain 15" stroke 4x32mm 125ft lbs kinetic energy pics above
>>
>>34601349
Its not real archers arguing, its just people who know nothing aboout archery yet think they have a opinion that matters, like every bow thread on /k/.
>>
>>34601689
I have the older one and its a novelty at best.
Trigger is stamped and has tons of play side to side. The prod is retained with a single set screw and a bit of 16ga steel that lets the prod walk unless you drill a divot in the plate. The end caps that hold the string are rather flimsy.
youre better off buying used from craigslist.
>>
>>34601808
Nice I got the Ghost 360 from OP pic I have yet to shoot it. How often would you think strings should be replaced if ever?
>>
>>34601689
Looks like a toy
>>
>>34601349
I would say it's just like gun owners, ar vs. ak, bullpup vs. anything. . .

Also traditional Archer here. And while I agree that most traditional Archer would not produce a clean/ as clean a kill as modern techniques, I've always felt compounds/ all the bells and whistles that they have is a bit lame. I mean there are so many assists that your basically just using a lame version of a rifle, what's the point?

That being said it makes sense to hunt with them as muh tradition is less important than a clean kill imo
>>
>>34601535
For what? This a completely objective question. If your talking about raw power I would say one of those custom home built jobs that people will make for distance and distance only, although it stretches the definition of bow.

If your talking traditional, I would say an English was bow which are in the neighborhood of 110-130#s but these are also more for distance and not pinpoint accuracy. Makes sense when you consider the mode of operandi bring huge volleys of arrows.

If your asking for hunting, traditional bows usually top or at 50-70#s because no let off and compounds can be 100#s if they're really tryin' hard.

Target bows are in the 15-30# range as it's ideal for the target shooting world
>>
>>34601535
Crossbows push 300+ lbs
>>
>>34604404
I find no harm in using fancy bows in places where rifle hunting isn't an easy option.
>>
>>34604404

I have a 50# Bear Montana longbow and a PSE Stinger set to 59.5#

I love both. I agree with you that it's a lot like guns/gun owners, and I think that's the key to understanding the appeal of both setups. I like my SKS's - I also like precision rifles in nifty magnum calibers.

I have to disagree with you that shooting a compound is easy and thus lame. A compound allows you to do more than you can with a trad bow; harness that greater ability, and push your limits at greater distances. It's like saying that precision marksmanship is easy once you have a nice boltgun+optic combo; if you sit at 100m and shoot cloverleafs off the bench, you'll get bored quick. Get out there, take it to 5-6-700m and challenge yourself.
>>
So anyone hunt year round thanks to their bow?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.