[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What tools do you use to di/assemble and clean your weapons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: WLbwszvv-UU.jpg (22KB, 494x482px) Image search: [Google]
WLbwszvv-UU.jpg
22KB, 494x482px
What tools do you use to di/assemble and clean your weapons?
>>
Impact wrench and a loofah
>>
another gun preferably one with a bayonet
>>
>>34598638
WD-40
>>
brushes rags and ballistol
>>
>>34598638
hands for assemble/disassembly. Ballistol for cleaning with a patch/rod kit and a bore snake. rem oil for lubing. cloth for wiping that wet bitch down.
>>
Tongue
>>
Most can be field stripped with just the end of a cleaning rod. I have a set of "gunsmith screwdrivers" that won't damage screws. A torque wrench and a set of spark plug spacers for mounting scopes. A small rubber mallet for banging on shit. That's about it unless you want to start machining stuff.
>>
>>34598638
Depends, but I try to use plastic tools to avoid scratches and marring finishes.

They tend to get chewed up but I rather have that chewed up than my gun.
>>
>>34598731
How do you knock out pins with your hands?
I don't see brass punches anywhere. Sometimes I see punches around and I'm kind of on the fence that something is better than nothing but I sort of want punches that are softer than the pins and frame.
>>
>>34598754
>"gunsmith screwdrivers" that won't damage screws.
What are they made out of? Same thing with punches I think about some of the right size screw drivers I find. I see one that might work a little better than what I got but either way it's going to scratch stuff up good or mar the screw if you try to over torque it.
>>
For cleaning a one piece cleaning rid and a set of patch jags. Bronze brushes but they are seldom used. Used one to knock some surface rust off a Berthier without damaging the bluing the other night, though. Cloth patches. Clean with CLP and oil with a heavier weight oil.
>>
>>34598638
hammer and steak knife
>>
>>34598638
Sledgehammer and a pressure washer
>>
>>34598774
Not sure but softer material than steel. Bought them at Cabelas when I had a gift card. Brass punches are a good thought, too. I cushion the tip of a steel punch with a patch and gentle it if I can't push it out with the tip of a cleaning rod. Brass punches would be better.
>>
>>34598795
I can't find brass punches anywhere, brass handles with a steel punch inserted like it was opposite day of what I wanted the things for or something.
I'm just being nit picky about it since I'm more concerned about scratching up stuff and wrecking screws with a driver.
>>
>>34598824
It's a legit concern. I've seen bunches and bunches of mangled screws and peened pins from people using the wrong tools.
>>
punch, rubber mallet and sometimes screwdriver for disassembly. dish soap (if i'm cleaning black powder fouling) 3 in 1 oil and Hoppes for cleaning and lube
>>
>>34598638
I clean it with muh dick. Polishes up nicely.
>>
>>34599271
We're talking about cleaning weapons, not your mum
>>
>>34598638
fingers and a paper clip, sometimes I break out the Crisco and ba' noodles for tough jobs
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.