[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can the ATF know if a lower is an other or a rifle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (22KB, 546x342px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 546x342px
My question is basically can I buy a lower reciever from somebody off of armslist and make it into a pistol if it came from a full rifle ? I mean can they know whether it's a rifle or pistol or an other? For some reason no one is selling a complete lower around my area on armslist and I'm not 21 so I can't have transfer a lower.
>>
>>34598333
Buy an 80% and a dremel
>>
>>34598333

80% is easier and cheaper.
>>
>>34598333
they know what it left the factory as and what the first ffl that sold it logged it as.
if it left the factory as a rifle there isnt shit you can do about it. its a fucking rifle.
the guy you bought it off of can claim its an other all he wants but for all you know he could have bought a complete ar and stripped it for parts. in which case its a rifle and you made an illegal sbr not a pistol.
>>
>>34598371
Is that even a law? That you can't make a pistol from a rifle but can from a pistol into a rifle and back into a pistol? That makes absolutely no sense.
If it's just an ATF ruling then it's not law and no one would ever be convicted, the judge would tell them to fuck off.
>>
>>34598391
the pistol to rifle than back to pistol is to cover shit like thompson contenders.
installing a sub 16 barrel to a rifle is an illegal sbr. doesnt matter what the rest of the gun is its an illegal sbr.

there is no federal limit for pistol barrel length you could have a 30 inch barrel and still call it a pistol.
there is a federal minimum barrel length for rifles.

if you are going to back and forth you need a pistol or virgin other.
>If it's just an ATF ruling then it's not law and no one would ever be convicted, the judge would tell them to fuck off.
as a fucking 18-20 you dont know shit. just cause its technically legal doesnt mean they wont attempt to assfuck you as hard as they can. you will end up spending thousands on legal fees and months of your life before a judge throws it out.
>>
>>34598527
It's not law. Rifle definition requires it to have a stock. If it doesn't then it's not a rifle it's a pistol, doesn't matter if the reciever is a "Virgin" reciever or not.
>>
>>34598597
if it came from the factory as a complete gun as a rifle. its a rifle.
>I buy a lower reciever from somebody off of armslist and make it into a pistol if it came from a full rifle ?
this isnt a other we are talking about. its a rifle that was disassembled. it doesnt cease to be a rifle just cause it is stripped.
>>
>>34598391
>If it's just an ATF ruling then it's not law
you know how i can tell you dont file a tax return? the IRS rulings arent "law" either but go ahead and ignore them.
>>
>>34598655
a rifle requires to have a stock. The designation on the reciever makes no difference. The nfa says nothing about this so I assume it's some bullshit ATF ruling.
>>
>>34598747
you know what fuck it. just know if they run the serials its going to come back as a rifle. you are going to get fucked hard even if your "pistol" lacks a stock.

when its complete from the factory you dont get to decide if its a rifle or not. it already is.
>>
>>34598747
the old rule was once a rifle always a rifle, there was recently something about ar rifle to pistol being ok, but your a tool so i don't feel like looking it up.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 432x648px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 432x648px
>>
>>34598391
Look up "Chevron Deference". Regulations written by government agencies carry the force of law, and judges must usually defer to the agency's interpretation of it's own regulations.
>>
The correct answer is that AR "pistols" are fucking pants-on-head retarded.

Find something better to do with your time and money, like finger painting with your feces.
>>
>>34599108
nigger.
>>
>>34599108
KOKO pls go
>>
File: Butthurt1347.jpg (98KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Butthurt1347.jpg
98KB, 400x400px
>>34599149
>>34599175
>>
>>34599108
Gtfo butthurt atf agent.
>>
>>34599191
ynigger.
>>
>>34599200
Well fuck. Let's try again.
>>34599191
You are now a double nigger. Take that.
>>
File: butthurtfags.jpg (68KB, 625x476px) Image search: [Google]
butthurtfags.jpg
68KB, 625x476px
>>34599199
>>34599200
>>34599213
>>
>>34599237
Triple nigger. I love you anon.
>>
>>34598391
>If it's just an ATF ruling then it's not law and no one would ever be convicted, the judge would tell them to fuck off.

Tell that to the Branch Davidians.

Don't half ass this OP. There's a perfectly legal way to do this that won't rustle the ATF's jimmies.
>>
Hey
>>
>>34599108
This

>>34598371
>>34598527
>>34598655
>>34598740
>>34598846
>>34598886
Spreaders of fuddlore

"Rifle" or "Pistol" are defined by the configuration of the firearm, not by what it was "transferred as".
>>
>>34599443
>"Rifle" or "Pistol" are defined by the configuration of the firearm, not by what it was "transferred as".

Feel free to saw off the barrel and stock of a rifle, and argue "it's a pistol, dammit!" to the BATF.

Retard.
>>
>>34599888
Literally what the written law says.
>>
>>34599931
what law are you reading?
>>
>>34598333
>I mean can they know whether it's a rifle or pistol or an other?
It is possible, but difficult. If the guy bought it stripped and sold it stripped, I would say that you are good to go regardless of what he did to it. If he bought it as a rifle you may end up in a bit of trouble if the ATF decides to investigate you for some reason.
>>34598391
>Is that even a law?
It is, thanks to the NFA. Luckily Thompson/Center fought to make it legal the other way around.
>>
why not just buy a new lower?
>>
>>34600276
Op is under 21.
>>
>>34600276
Did you miss the part where he was under 21?
>>
>>34600292
>>34600290

yes I did nvm
>>
>>34599940
The nfa. Says nothing about how it was "originally" and since it's fine to turn a pistol into a rifle and back into a pistol that also means there is no reason it can't be done the other way around and is therefore a precedent for that.
>>
>>34598348
>machining with a dremel

what the fuck Tyrone.
>>
>>34599443
Nobody listen to this retard. He's got no idea what he's talking about.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.