[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battle of the Bulge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: USprisoners.jpg (74KB, 379x259px) Image search: [Google]
USprisoners.jpg
74KB, 379x259px
>French in 1940 - "there's no way the Germans can attack through the Ardennes!"
>Americans in 1944 - ""there's no way the Germans can attack through the Ardennes!"

Why were the US commanders so blindly stupid?
>>
>>34596834
Because americans are stupid and worthless at war, hence why they resort to terror bombing civilians
>>
>>34596834

Why did Germany bet in an all or nothing attack with their decimated forces and thought it would work on the Western Front again?
>>
>>34596834
American commanders knew the Germans could attack through the Ardennes, but they didn't think they had enough supplies, troops and equipment to actually go through with carrying out a general attack along the front.

>>34596853
Good one
>>
>>34596869
Hitler was a gambler, and if you're gonna lose the war, you might as well roll the dice on a move that MIGHT make some sort of difference.
>>
>>34596834
Montgomery famously said that if the Germans attack through the Ardennes "we know Hitler is running the war." In other words to attack through the Ardennes would be an utterly bafoonish gamble that if unsuccessful (which it was) would cost Germany any hope of holding the allies back on the western front. This is why they didn't expect it, they didn't think the Germans were that retarted.
>>
>>34596853
t. Wheraboo
>>
>>34596869
because being occupied by americans is better than being occupied by the people you spent 4 gears genociding.
>>
>>34596834
America won the war
Germany did not
>>
>>34596887
>Hitler was a gambler
No, he was a calculated risk taker, it's just not widely know he failed Calculus 1 three times. Man was he bad at math.
>>
>>34596853
Germans literally invented terror bombing
>>
>>34596918
I feel like it can be said that rolling the dice while knowing what a possible outcome could be is essentially the exact same as a calculated risk.
>>
>>34596869
Why not? They were always going to lose anyway. Throwing away his forces like that meant that the Germans could not hold the Allies on the Rhine while the Russians occupied all Germany so it was good for everyone.
>>
>>34596834
The Americans had enough intel to know that an attack was coming, they just didn't know where or when. If I remember correctly the assumed that it would take place the following spring.
>>
>>34596888
If only Hitler had listened to his generals.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.