[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Re/k/ommended Reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: download (1).jpg (14KB, 183x276px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
14KB, 183x276px
"Invisible Armies" by Max Boot. Pretty good read. all about insurgencies and counter-insurgencies from the Assyrians and Romans to the present day. Has sections devoted to such memorable things as the British retreat from Afghanistan, ca. 1840s, the American Revolution, the Hatian Slave Revolt (interestingly the only successful slave revolt in recorded history), the Chindits, and numerous other notable moments. Talks about successful and failed tactics for both insurgencies and counter-insurgencies. Pretty good and in-depth read. Not sure how many of you know about it.
>>
File: Forgotten_Soldier.jpg (38KB, 312x475px) Image search: [Google]
Forgotten_Soldier.jpg
38KB, 312x475px
>>
Dalton Fury's stuff if you are even remotely into Delta.

Tie in novella just came out and his final book will be posthumously released this september or october. Best /k/ fiction.
>>
Boost.
>>
File: 1487726810666.jpg (744KB, 2145x2667px) Image search: [Google]
1487726810666.jpg
744KB, 2145x2667px
>>34596433
>D-Day to Victory: The Diaries of a British Tank Commander
>The Forgotten Soldier
>Black Edelweiss
>Armageddon: The Battle For Germany 1944-45
>Any Antony Beevor book
>>
>>34596682
Forgot to mention Helmet For My Pillow and With The Old Breed
>>
>>34596682
Good choices.
>>
This one, the premise of a zombie apocalypse is ridiculous but it presents great firearm and tactics
>>
>>34596433
This one's got some great stuff about the Greek Revolution. Especially in dealing with how the Ottomans completely failed to realize the power of public opinions in Western nations.
>>
Boost.
>>
File: 1429144837998.jpg (51KB, 738x640px) Image search: [Google]
1429144837998.jpg
51KB, 738x640px
A Doctor's War

>be RAF doctor
>escape dunkirk
>barely survive pulling airmen from a burning bomb laden aircraft
>get captured by the nips in Java
>survive being shipwrecked after your Hell-Ship gets torpedoed

>be imprisoned in Nagasaki
>be forced to dig your own grave on August 6th 1945
>an american bombing raid on the Nagasaki docks gives you a temporary reprieve until the bomb damage is cleared up
>having a water break at 10:45am on August 9th
>see two B-29s in the sky heading towards the city
>take cover unlike some aussie POWs who stay in the open
>the aussies describe a parachute being dropped before being permanently blinded by a bright blue flash
>hear a frighteningly loud low bang and feel a blast of hot air
>emerge from your shelter to find the sky dark and utter destruction all around

I can't tell if he was very lucky or very unlucky
>>
>>34597559
Bet the radiation messed him up later.
>>
Nobody on here ever talks about "All Quiet On The Western Front"
>>
>>34598586
Too sad. Fuck trench warfare, and the incompetent officers who got so many people killed with it.
>>
>>34596433
Legionnaire: Five Years in the French Foreign Legion
>>
>>34598586
Fake news written by a pacifist who served for 6 weeks on the rear lines
Read Storm of Steel by Junger for the real deal
Try and get the versions written immediately after the war
>>
The art of the rifle by Jeff Cooper
>>
>>34598586
Becuase Remarque was a faggot. Read Jünger, Emilio Lusso (?), or any number of English memoirs.
>>
File: K Books.png (474KB, 400x585px) Image search: [Google]
K Books.png
474KB, 400x585px
Here you go /k/ameraden

https://mega.nz/#F!BDATiRaZ!fezBllsXJges_dFbkBN0-w

(Some files are still being uploaded, may have to refresh on occasion to see new stuff)

Folder full of some 125 books on war. If anyone else has some mega or drive folders would be interested to see them.
>>
>>34599614
lol I get combat juice thar!
>>
>>34601192
Thanks anon, you're the best!
>>
>>34596534
i very much enjoyed reading this...twice.
>>
>>34601192
Hey, that's pretty nice.

If we're ever in a cannibal apocalypse, I'm gonna eat you LAST buddy :)
>>
>>34601192
sorry that i copied yourstuff, but i got a bunch of other stuff in this folder too.

https://mega.nz/#F!hYQBlbQB!UebUgx1fjMe84HM4BFULdw

https://mega.nz/#F!xRoAAT7A!R6Q4HSbgYkzaIQ606xWAvA
>>
Someone knows where to dl Gunship Ace? Can't find it for a life of me
>>
highly recommend "Left of Bang". So popular it seems a meme but is actually solid. Quick read that distills 90% of the good of about 3 dif books.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.