[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you chat up girls at the range /k/ ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 17

do you chat up girls at the range /k/ ?
>>
What girls?
>>
>>34594495
This.

Every range I've been to seems to have an age requirement of >45 and no grills allowed.
>>
>>34594480
Range time is man time.
>>
>>34594480
The only girls I've ever seen at my range were already with some guy.
Even if they weren't I wouldn't be able to make a move, seeing as I'm a socially stunted loser.
>>
>>34594480
I typically don't talk to anybody, but I wont be rude if I start chatting with someone.
Honest question for everybody on /k/:
Is the "tfw no gf" thing sorta tongue in cheek here or are there people on this website who are really like that? I always thought that they way that girls and gfs on this website are talked about is kinda mocking the way the guys on /r/incel or the redpill or /pol/ talk about girls.
>>
Girls only go with bfs/husbands

Solo are either old or dikes

Would chat up a hypothetical range QT who was there with her dad or something if he gave permission.
>>
>>34594651
>I always thought that they way that girls and gfs on this website are talked about is kinda mocking the way the guys on /r/incel or the redpill or /pol/ talk about girls.
Wtf gave you that impression?
>>
File: _84266311_501.jpg (43KB, 976x549px) Image search: [Google]
_84266311_501.jpg
43KB, 976x549px
>yea she give me some chatter
>after I shoot my beretta
>she wanna take a couple shots, homie
>but I aint gon let her

Only women Ive seen at the range were LEOs/customs.
>>
>>34594495
Only correct answer
>>
File: 1478458274891.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1478458274891.png
51KB, 657x527px
>see girls at the range relatively often
>always with their bf or a group of friends
>>
>>34594651
>or /pol/
Funny you should say that, considering this board has one of the highest proportions of /pol/ crossposters. And no, it's not ironic. Much of it is hyperbole, but 4chan and other imageboards have always been full of lonely people.
>>34594495
fpbp
>>
>>34594696
Being from reddit and coming here some time in the past 2 years
>>
If there's ever females at the range, they're with their husband or boyfriend endangering the lives of everyone around them.

I just fuck their husbands instead.
>>
I like quoting layer cake
"Baby.. that looks very heavy for you, why dont you put it down? Look at you, little girl, playing games..."
>>
>>34594495
the only girls at ranges were dragged there by their boyfriends
>source: dragged multiple GFs to the range
>>
>>34594495
I saw a guy's mom once. She was... rough looking with some neck tattoos that screamed "I hate Jews"
If I ever met a nice girl at the range the constant explosions and cock-blocking range officers would ruin everything.
>>34594651
I think the no gf thing is endemic to 4chan and the internet as a whole. That includes the women that want girlfriends, but they don't post because the internet is a sea of self-loathing misery. I seriously don't think you're even allowed to be happy online.
>>
I only talk to the people with interesting guns when I actually go to a range instead of just shooting in my backyard.
Out of the whooping three girls I've seen, they've all had such awfully interesting things like a Remington 700, a Beretta 686, and a Tikka T3, so I just skipped talking to them.
>>
>>34594947
>a Beretta 686, and a Tikka T3
That's much better than what the vast majority of /k/ has though
>>
>>34594947
>a Remington 700

That thing the last girl I went to the range with brought, huh. The M1 Garand she had was pretty sweet. But yeah on the range you shoot, it isn't a very inviting social environment when you're literally training to kill strangers there.
>>
File: for fucks sake niles.png (489KB, 470x456px) Image search: [Google]
for fucks sake niles.png
489KB, 470x456px
>>34595022
>when you're literally training to kill strangers there.

this is the most edgy thing I've read today
>>
File: 19883708.png (74KB, 625x423px) Image search: [Google]
19883708.png
74KB, 625x423px
>>
>>34595022
>when you're literally training to kill strangers there.
Woah there supreme gentleman
I'm just there to have a coffee and punch some paper
>>
>>34595022
>training to kill strangers
m8 I can drill for that not tear up some paper
>>
>>34594938
>with some neck tattoos that screamed "I hate Jews"
>not a nice girl
>>
>>34594480

I've literally never seen a girl at the indoor range I go to or when I shoot innapublicland

Plus the girls who shoot are probably like "I'm a redneck girl I love muh daddy and go to church and go muddin' and fishing" and wear realtree hats and blue jeans and a North face jacket and uggs

Pic not related
>>
>>34594480
If there were any single QTs at my range, the RSO would probably just bother them until they left. Besides, I'm there to blow off some steam after a long work week. I don't want to talk to anybody, aside from the occasional friend I bring with me.
>>
>>34595080
>tattoos
>nice girl
regardless of her political opinions she's trash.
>>
>>34595110
Oh look, r9k is here
>>
>>34595056
>>34595073

usually of human silhouettes with point boxes in the face and chest, usually with a carry weapon. I'm not saying it isn't fun but that's objectively one of the practical applications and the reason I see people shooting their CCW's at targets exactly 25 feet away. It isn't edgey to point out something obvious.
>>
>>34595115
>everyone is /r9k/
keep projecting pal.
>>
File: tumblr_mfrei1Xqtw1s0o301o1_500.jpg (212KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mfrei1Xqtw1s0o301o1_500.jpg
212KB, 500x375px
>>34595110
weew la
>>
>>34595134
>usually of human silhouettes with point boxes in the face and chest, usually with a carry weapon
Wrong and wrong
>>
>>34595134
If anything I go to get used to recoil or try new holding techniques, or zero optics. I'd rather drill than just shoot at paper if I want to believe I'm ready for something like that.
>>
>>34594938
>tattoos that screamed "I hate Jews"
what tattoos?
>>
>>34595110
This desu. Its a bit like drinking and smoking, fine when guys do it but women who do it are a massive turnoff.
>>
>>34595176
>if I want to believe I'm ready for something like that.
are you serious? am I still on the weapons board?
>>
>>34595245
Not sure what you mean
>>
>>34595046
This is depressingly accurate.
>>
>>34594651

I'm 31, haven't had a girlfriend since high school
>>
>>34594651
I'm just a bitter faggot who got cheated on when I was your everyday normal beta college nu-male and I've been single ever since because I'm playing the whole hurt lonesome cowboy act.

You have my permission to call me names.
>>
I always tell them, you're my target.
>>
>>34595382

And then you fire a shot straight into the forehead of the silhouette target, turning back to the girl and smiling creepily at her.
>>
>>34595393
I then laugh maniacally and leave a joker card behind. Everyone calls me "the joker"
>>
File: hue.jpg (19KB, 385x383px) Image search: [Google]
hue.jpg
19KB, 385x383px
>>34595382
>>34595393
>>34595397
>>
>>34594480
If you want to chat up broads don't do it at the range. The rare bitches you do see there are either
>with somebody
>geriatric
>there for work in some capacity
Instead if you want a chick who is actually into guns go to a competition as a photographer.
You're welcome yung niggas.
>>
>>34594714

Fitty knows the score. Like others have said the only females I've seen at the range are chunky daddy's girls and the girls dragged there by their boyfriends. But my range is often totally human-free which is preferable any way.
>>
>>34594651
>Is the "tfw no gf" thing sorta tongue in cheek here or are there people on this website who are really like that?
it's both
>>
>>34594840
*Shoots worker*
>>
>>34594969
I don't mean to rag on anyone, but as far as hunting weapons go, it really is.
Then again, I should have specified that I'm in Europe, and since we only really use our guns for hunting or sport shooting, we put a lot more money into the guns we buy rather than having three ARs and a brace of pistols and then just buying some deer blaster as an afterthought because it might be fun to go hunting some time (hyperbole, but I imagine I got my point across).
That's not to say I've disdain for American guns; the Winchester M70 and SX3 and Browning X-Bolt and A5 all look very interesting, and I decided to gamble on the Marlin 1895 SBL to get a modern rifle in such a cool calibre. Then there's Weatherby with their Mark V in a gorillion crazy cool magnummongo calibres. The Ruger No. 1 is interesting, as is the T/C Contender.
Over here, the Tikka T3 and T3x are considered OK entry-level beater rifles, essentially a "Sako for poorfags" kinda rifle. Sauers, Sakos and Blasers are much in evidence as well. I think the cheapest scope I've seen was a Meopta of some sort.
The Beretta 686 is also pretty standard, and the only logical step up from that is to get an Ultralight, unless you're some crazy radical who likes semi-autos, in which case you get a Benelli, Beretta, or the SX3.
That's not to say that people don't use old Mauser or Krag rifles with iron sights, or dirt cheap Turkroach scatterguns, but younger hunters tend towards the standard calibres (.223, 6.5x55, .308, .30-06, mayybe 9.3x62) in new guns with synthetic stocks, telescopes, suppressors, bipods and all the bells and whistles (guilty as fuck), but every now and then you stumble over an old guy with a double rifle, lever gun, drilling, something peculiar like the RX Helix, or anything in a magnum calibre.

I'd love to go to the range more often to see what other people have, but truth is I'm too stingy.
>>
>>34595369
>hurt lonesome cowboy act
Me too, pilgrim.
>>
>>34594651
We laugh at our misery.
>>
I don't go to the range, (poor, nogunz, kinda a shut-in) but if I did/once I do, I'd probably just be confused if someone started talking to me, flirting or not, also the flirting would probably go right over my head because autism. I'd probably just give one of those typical autist hellos, probably wave or something stupid too because I don't get that normal people don't do that, and then go back to shooting my hi-point carbine, mosin, mav88 or whatever cheap gun I could afford.

t. gril
>>
>>34595444

go on...
>>
>>34595622

>gril

You mean trap?
>>
File: 1499805532507.jpg (205KB, 708x674px) Image search: [Google]
1499805532507.jpg
205KB, 708x674px
>>34596107
yes, but I don't see how having a dick makes me less of a girl, you couldn't tell unless I was nude either
>>
>>34596150
>but I don't see how having a dick makes me less of a girl
and this is why people like you shouldn't own guns
>>
>>34596150
You're mentally ill. The mentally ill board is that way.

--->/lgbt
>>
>>34596164
Shouldnt live*
>>
>>34595538
> we put a lot more money into the guns we buy rather than having three ARs and a brace of pistols and then just buying some deer blaster as an afterthought because it might be fun to go hunting some time (hyperbole, but I imagine I got my point across).

Where's the hyperbole? The idea that people should have spent 1 of their 3 ARs on ammo and 1 on training is beyond the capacity of a terrifying percentage Americans.

>truth is I'm too stingy
Yeah me too. It's important but I have other priorities that beat range time more often than I'd like.
>>
>>34596206
Glass houses m9
>>
>>34596269
got em
>>
>>34594480

I shoot in my back yard. Kinda hard to talk to people that way.
>>
File: tumblr_nu0k19KHvR1qdvrdyo1_1280.jpg (293KB, 897x624px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu0k19KHvR1qdvrdyo1_1280.jpg
293KB, 897x624px
>>34595622
>>34596150

>Doesn't understand how having a dick can affect the female experience
>Doesn't own guns or go to ranges
>Gives opinion on what it would be like to be a girl at a range

From one trap to another, you're not going to have the same reactions or thought process as a girl who isn't a trap because you were raised and conditioned differently. Just the fact that you say you're a shut in who browses 4chan is suggestive of how it's affected your temperament and personality as most girls aren't autistic shut ins who talk about their nogunz collection on 4chan.

Also,

>Hi-Point Carbine

Pic related MFW. Stop blowing your shekels on dragon dildoes, save up and get yourself an SKS.
>>
File: imrs.jpg (53KB, 480x311px) Image search: [Google]
imrs.jpg
53KB, 480x311px
>>34595622

If you live in the Orlando area, you check out the ranges there. Here's one that I heard gets pretty wild.

Pic related.
>>
Females are the range are either:
-following the boyfriend and not interested in you
-following the father and not interested in you
-older women that definitely don't care about you
-LEO
>>
>>34594480
Literally no opportunity to flirt with girls at the range. Where did you come up with this OP?
>>
>>34596450
This sums up all my experiences with women at public shooting ranges
>>
>>34595382
I remember that thread
>>
>>34596075
Sure, /k/omrade. What would you like me to explain?
>>
>>34594840
Love that movie.
>>
>>34596229
>The idea that people should have spent 1 of their 3 ARs on ammo and 1 on training
That is in a way what I was thinking of - Become proficient with the one rifle you have by practicing your marksmanship ad nauseam and make it the best rifle you can have (Make it Gucci?)
I know guys in their 60s who can consistently shoot bullseyes at 2-300 metres with plain iron sights or diopters, standing, with no other aid than a shooting strap or Rhodesian sling. They'll sit at home with their rifle, loaded magazine and a snap cap in the chamber, and dry fire at something on the horizon, grazing sheep or the neighbor's cat. Then they'll buy a .22 and shoot a couple thousand rounds through that because .22 hardly recoils, even when compared to rounds such as the .223. I've heard of people in cities who bought air guns and shot in apartment basements. It's not very exciting practice, but it's free or nearly so, and makes them eerily good at things I don't see mentioned very often here; acquiring a good sight picture, consistently getting good cheek welds, fast repetition (with manual actions), less flinching and a rock steady shooting position.
For shotguns, it's dry firing and clay shooting, which is a great way to practice on moving targets. My brother got his shotgun in March, and he must've murdered nigh on two thousand clays by now. Understandable, as it's about the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
While I will not speculate about practicing with pistols in general and for self defense in particular, I believe that having some of the above fundamentals in place, plus practicing your draw, would not be amiss.
Again, I cannot (will not) condemn American gun culture just because I cannot understand it and make sweeping generalisations about it, but I'm curious as to why I don't see recommendations for fundamental marksmanship training techniques like this more often on /k/, particularly seeing how money is often brought up as a factor.
>>
>>34594651
/k/ is my homeboard and im an /r9k/-tier "reeeee do not believe the roasties lies" KHV.
>>
File: 587658658658.jpg (17KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
587658658658.jpg
17KB, 240x210px
>>34596389
low quality bait
>>
>>34594480
why are you going to the range without a girl by your side?
>>
File: you are my target.png (423KB, 1744x1124px) Image search: [Google]
you are my target.png
423KB, 1744x1124px
>>34594480
Not after reading this. My spaghetti is staying firmly within my pockets thank you very much.
>>
>>34595444
>>there for work in some capacity
Tell me about LEO girls...
>>
>>34597979
They're girls with guns n shit in a male dominated industry who most often have a chip on their shoulder but are much more sane to date than military broads.
>pros:
>good to date a cop
>she'll shoot with you
>she'll likely be in solid shape if you are
>stacy as fuck

>Cons:
>Bad to break up with a cop
>she'll be competitive about shooting and get mad if you outshoot her
>she's out there with a bunch of other chads if you're a pussy you'll get cheated on probably
>stacy as fuck
Is that what you wanted to know?
>>
>>34594480
No
>>
>>34594480

Too socially awkward to go up to random girls and chat. However nice girls behind the counter at one of the ranges I go to talks with me often because she notices/likes all of the anime and video game decals on my cases.

But I suspect they are already taken and I'm no chiseled adonis and don't think to be oozing sex appeal (especially when I just admitted I have weeb vinyl decals on my cases.)
>>
File: 1472104422076.gif (2MB, 500x222px) Image search: [Google]
1472104422076.gif
2MB, 500x222px
I went to a range a while ago that had a qt jap girl there shooting a german luger. She was wearing grey cutoff sleeveless shirt with no bra on underneath so every time the wind picked up I could see her bare breasts. She was with a dude though, and I'm a Nazi who wants aryan children, so I didn't say anything. She sure would have been fun though.
>>
No I just creepily proposition traps on /k/.
>>
>>34596150
Wut?
>>
Your tactics are shit if you are trying to pick up girls at a range. Any girl on the range gets +3/10 on the 1-10 scale just because chicks are so rare in the gun world.
>>
>>34594480
DO YOU WANT TO GO B-BACK TO MY PLACE AND LLLOOK AT MY NUGGET?
>>
>>34594969
Better, but hardly interesting.
>>
File: 1919.png (186KB, 687x727px) Image search: [Google]
1919.png
186KB, 687x727px
>>34594651
I'm definitely antisocial. Don't have friends. Every time I've made friends or met chicks interested in me i'd distance myself from them over time. Met some girl online on some game. We became friends and she liked me so we met in real life. We became girlfriend boyfriend. She's clingy but it works because I like having a single person to get my human need for other human contact and I can't distance myself from her (which I have tried to) because she won't let it happen. I'm also a /pol/fag (not natsoc) but I don't try to "redpill" my gf on stuff because she's apolitical which I also like.

>>34594480
The only girl I've seen at the range who wasn't with a guy was the chick who works there at the counter to let you into the range. The way she looks to me and the way her voice sounds when she talks to me she probably thinks i'm a weirdo. I don't like talking to women anyways because I find they tend to be very uninteresting and I only have enough in me to care about what the one I'm with has to say.
>>
Just my wife.
>>
>>34601179
Are you my clone?
Or am I yours?
>>
>>34594480
the only women who go to my range were brought there by husbands or boyfriends
>>
>all these too socially awkward/anxious people who are afraid of talking to another human being

you really shouldn't be allowed to own guns if I can be honest, nothing personal
>>
File: 44392Poop_is_the_New_Pop.png (75KB, 250x165px) Image search: [Google]
44392Poop_is_the_New_Pop.png
75KB, 250x165px
>>34601179
>I'm definitely antisocial. Don't have friends.
That's not what antisocial means. To understand the meaning, interpret the 2 word roots as literally as possible. It means criminal behavior more or less. At worst you're asocial. But I don't think you are even asocial, because
>Every time I've made friends or met chicks interested in me i'd distance myself from them over time.
that's a classic expression of Axis I issues like depression and anxiety.

You are almost certainly a social person. Your sociality is just impaired by these other issues.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.