[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Italians so shit at war?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: b7HMoKx.jpg (92KB, 500x723px) Image search: [Google]
b7HMoKx.jpg
92KB, 500x723px
They are worse than the french

>Rommel again decided to attack with a much smaller force. Convinced that they were surrounded by an entire German division, the 1st Italian Infantry Division – 10,000 men – surrendered to Rommel.
>>
>>34593679
Shit equipment.
Shit doctrine.
Shit vehicles.
Shit leadership.
SHIT.
>>
>>34593679
I want that shirt.
>>
>>34593679
Because stupid shitty stereotypes
>>
>>34593679
>>34593748
>Shit Leadership
This primarily. Almost every Italian short of Mussolini's brown shirts hated Mussolini, so they really had no motivation to fight.

My Grandpa who was born in Italian but migrated here always told stories his Uncle told him from the war. Typical stuff like if Italians were riding in a Halftrack with germans and an allied strafing run took place, the Italians would all jump in a ditch and hide while the Germans thumped away at the planes.
>>
>>34593679

They never really wanted to fight in the first place. People were just shoehorned into war.
>>
>>34593767
>Because stupid shitty stereotypes
Shitty stereotypes come from shitty real life experiences
>>
>>34593679
That "Für" is wrong in that sentence. NÄCHSTES MAL OHNE ITALIEN would be totally ok, but >>34593766 is right, I want that shirt too
>>
>>34593679
Where did that Roman discipline gone?
>>
>>34593767
stereotypes are usually grounded in some fact
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Dogali
the subsequent war didn't go any better.
>>
File: 17-15-44-se_01_672-458_resize.jpg (98KB, 672x455px) Image search: [Google]
17-15-44-se_01_672-458_resize.jpg
98KB, 672x455px
>>34593769
Not really, they liked him but hated the war.
Prior to the war there was no resistence to Mussolini's regime.

From an Italian perspective the war was completely useless.
Why die in Russia ?
Also italians were shit because the war broke out in 1940 and (according to the terms of the Pact of Steel) they were set to be ready for 1942.
When the war broke out they still were transitionning from an agrarian state to an industrial one and reorganizing/modernizing the Regio Esercito
>>
>>34593679
Italians lost to Ethiopians(?) using extremely dated firearms and various other weapons, despite them having the advantage of armor. ETHIOPIA STRONG
>>
>>34594315
Dude you tard
1st and 2nd war: Italy and Ethiopia had same weaponry, Italians overwhelmed 50 to 1 in an unknown terrain.
Lost

1935 war: Italy wins despite Ethiopia was supplied by Nazi Germany
>>
About 5 million Italians emigrated to USA. There are 17 million Americans of full or partial Italian heritage today. Just saying.
>>
>>34594315
Ethiopia outnumbered the Italians by at least 10:1 and were supported by the Russians
>>
>>34593679
>They are worse than the French

Really? That's weird because i've never heard of the French Mafia.
>>
The only wars the Italians have lost as a unified country were ones they
A. Weren't prepared to fight and didn't want to fight
or
B. We're massively outnumbered
>>
>>34593679
Is that Qadafi?
>>
>be Italy
>be dragged to war by an idiotic dictator
>not prepared for war
>the people don't want to fight a war, especially against France and Britain
Wow sounds like a winning combination.
>>
>>34594792

Meh. Go spend a month in Marseilles and see if you still think the same. But I grant you, they never had an American base like the Italians so they didn't spread worldwide in the same way.
>>
>>34594942
I'm more concerned about gypsies trying to get my wallet or nigger jews trying to sell me a piece of string for 50 Euro in France.

Italy, particularly Sicily has an entirely different feel to it.

Plus the French are in general so rude to any outsider anyway.
>>
File: Pizza Spaghetti.png (167KB, 325x573px) Image search: [Google]
Pizza Spaghetti.png
167KB, 325x573px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Dogali
>>
>>34595339
>be Italian
>march into Ethiopia
>get ambushed
>run out of ammo after hours
>finally get defeated
What's embarrassing about being ambushed by a force with similar weaponry and only losing when you actually run out of ammo?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.