[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which handgun should i buy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

Hello there k. I just moved from my parent's house to my own apartment and im looking into getting some sort of 9mil semi cimpact pistol, for both concealed Carry and open carry.
Im a first time owner and my experience with guns in General is quite limited (went out shooting with my friends a few times, but parents are kinda anti gun).
Thx in advanced
>>
must verify, you are not black?
>>
>>34592788
this
>>
>>34592788
No im not black
>>
>>34592781
Glock 19. Buy a used one so if you sell it down the road you'll still break even.
>>
>>34592781
timestamp and hand anon
>>
>>34592795
a nunteen ehleuhen
>>
RAMI is the nicest of those pictured. But if you want something retard proof get the glawk 19
>>
>>34592781
Is there anything you lean towards?

>>34592797
Sage advice. I would steer away from block because it doesn't have a manual safety. Get a couple down the road, but while you are learning stick to something with at least a DA/SA trigger if no safety.

You will feel much better leaving it loaded / carrying.
>>
>>34592824
Not really. I heard good things about glocks, so i thought to mabey give it a try. And it was also mantioned here a few times so i guess its alright.
>>
>>34592824
Good advice. Do you have any recommended models for me then?
>>
Block 19, unless you have the patience to learn DA/SA triggers, in which case the P-07 is a solid choice. Just don't be a retard and mod the block so it's not even drop safe anymore.
>>
>>34592820
Isn't it a full length pitsol chamberd in 45acp?
>>
>buy rami
>shoot it and take care of it
>if you don't like it, sell it for more $$$ because those things are scarce and CZ only releases them in small batches
>use the $$$ to buy new gun
>>
>>34592870
yes
it's a pistol for a real man
>>
>>34592865
How hard is it to learn DA/SA safety anyway.
Also what does DA\SA safety mean
>>
>>34592788
>parents are kinda anti gun
>parents
>s

he's good.
>>
>>34592861
Sure, a P226, Beretta 92, CZ 75, or if you really want to cheap out a sarsilmaz. The b6p or something is a CZ 75 clone with a polymer frame. Good little gun for the price.
Learning a DA/SA trigger is no more difficult than any other aspect of gun ownership. All that it means is upon pulling the trigger the first time the pull will be heavier, but still very quick and manageable. A double action pull does two things: bring the hammer back and drop it. A single action pull does one thing: drop the hammer.

If you ever find yourself in a bad situation you will be immensely grateful for a heavier and longer first pull. Unless you are an avid and skilled hobbyist / professional.
>>
>>34592891
Most DA/SA pistols do not have a manual safety - they typically have decockers which allow you to drop the hammer while engaging a firing pin block to prevent firing on a loaded chamber.
The challenge with DA/SA triggers are getting used to a heavy first trigger pull and developing the habit of decocking the pistol every time you are not engaging a target.
>>
>>34592891
Also, I would only buy a compact or a full size. A subcompact is less pleasant to learn on and harder to shoot well. Do you understand my explanation of DA/SA?

What state are you in?
>>
>>34592912
Yes, it was very informative. You also explained it superbly, thank you.
I live in Connecticut
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.