[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst/Most Hated Guns Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 11

File: hate this gun.png (149KB, 552x418px) Image search: [Google]
hate this gun.png
149KB, 552x418px
What gun does /k/ hate the most?
fuck the hi-point.
>>
ITT: Literally just lousy memes about decent guns being shit
>>
I agree OP, so I'm upvoting this post.

Edit: thanks for the gold, stranger!
>>
>>34592712
How is a hi-point "decent" in any sense of the word? It's thick and heavy as fuck, so it's shit for CC. It is low capacity and may or may not have a tiny proprietary rail that you can't mount a light on, so it's shit for home defense. It has a garbage trigger pull, terrible non-removable sights, and is embarrassing to own, so it's a shit range toy.

And what does it do well?
>it werks
So do a hundred other guns that aren't steaming pieces of shit. This is assuming you get one with non-defective magazines, which this company has been known to shit out. And the average buyer of these things doesn't exactly have much money to spend on testing and practicing so you're kind of rolling the dice.
>i can afford it
If you can afford this, you can afford something better. The only excuse to own one of these is if you need a disposable gun right now because Tremaine is coming for that booty and the door of your trailer already got kicked off the hinges.
>>
>>34592705
Hi point is god tier next to Jimenez.

I put 1000+ rounds thru my c9.

I could never get the ja-nine to fire
>>
File: Hipoint.jpg (28KB, 480x342px) Image search: [Google]
Hipoint.jpg
28KB, 480x342px
>>
>>34592705
Hi points are great guns, and they can take more abuse than any other handgun that cost x10 their price. Stay mad.
See demolition ranch Hipoint test, or Iraq Veteran 88888 hipoint torture
>>
File: fxgdbbf.jpg (62KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
fxgdbbf.jpg
62KB, 600x400px
>>34592705
Any guns made by cheap gun company that brags about MADE IN MURICA

Its usually shit made to appeal to poor hicks. How embarrassing.
>>
>>34592705
Why do we have so many hi-point threads all of a sudden?
I think its becoming the nugget replacement.
With the price of mosins and milsurp in general going up, everyone is looking for a new poorfag gun that works reliably.
>>
>>34593076

I could make a pipe shotgun and throw it in the mud and run it over with a truck and boy howdy goddamn wouldn't you know that pipe shotgun would still fire.

Because it's two pieces of pipe and a nail. That doesn't make it good. It would still be a shitty firearm, seeing as it's two pieces of pipe and a nail firing a shotgun shell.

I like Demo Ranch but the idea of "I can drag it behind my truck, therefore it isn't a horrid piece of shit firearm" isn't sound logic.
>>
>>34593113
He ran it over and even shot it with another gun. A SIG would not function after that, neither would a glock or beretta
>>
>>34593125
A makarov might. But if you're getting ran over and shot your handgun isn't the issue.
>>
>>34592705
Plastic wondernines. Don't get me wrong, most of them work incredibly well, and a 9mm from a glock is just as deadly as from a sig, but dammit I want my gun to have weight to it. It's a comforting thing to have that extra weight on my belt.
>>
>>34592752
its my cakeday gib rebbit gild plz
>>
>>34592791
Poor people need guns too fag boy and the hi-point isnt bad mechanically either. Literally the only thing people can really talk shit about is nasty shape and weight everything else about it is completely decent if not good for the price.
>Buy cheap shit
>lol wtf this isnt as good as my stuff worth 6 times as much
>go on /k/ and talk shit about it not being 6 times better even though it's 6 times less the money
>>
NPAP
Turkish guns
Century guns
PTRs
>>
>>34592705
Fuck that. It's a reliable gun that families on a budget can afford. I hope all gun snobs join the libfags on the day of the rope
>>
>>34592705
Springfield XDs and XDMs are pretty high on the hate meter. Which is too bad, I like my XDM. I've put 3,000 rounds through it and have only had two failures to feed with crappy reload ammo.
>>
It's all that damned lumpy pringles man's fault.
>>
>>34593106
ive thought the HP Carbine would be a worthy successor for a while, that and Savage Axis.

>reliable
>god tier warranty, literally best in the business unless someone sends you a hooker as a consolation while they fix your gun
>more capacity than Mosin
>cheaper ammo, mags not terribly expensive
>4 flavors of handgat ammo
>rails allow for scopes and other things without bubba jobs
>still in production so who cares if you get the Benjamin paintjob

Savage Axis isnt a bad deal either.
>lots of flavors, from cheap 5.56 to more expensive fare
>often comes with a scope

Both guns are ~$300, sometimes a bit less or a bit more.
>>
>>34592705

>Cobra
>Jiminez
>Phoenix

These were the bane of my existence as an RO. Combined with Aluminum ammo, they created a perfect shitstorm.
>>
>>34593762
why hate then if you own it?
>>
>>34592705
There's literally nothing wrong with owning a problem solver.
>>
>>34593839
I was answering the thread's question, what gun does /k/ hate. I like mine. But I see that my wording wasn't clear enough.
>>
>>34592705
glock
>>
>>34593834
Is it just shitty quality control? Surely at least a couple of these guns function.

I just find it hard to believe a company cam constantly fuck up a fixed barrel straight blowback firearm.
>>
>>34592791
>How is a hi-point "decent" in any sense of the word?
It costs $200 new, has the best warranty you could ask for and works. Hell it works after a direct hit to the chamber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpZdUgBzh7Y
10:00
Faggots like you seem to be unable to comprehend that quality is relative to the price. The price/quality of Hi-Points is crazy good.
>>
>>34593833
It's my choice for urban/innathickwoods combat
>>
>>34592705
Fuckin' love my HiPoint .40 - Accurate and indestructible. For like ~170 shipped and picked up I cannot argue with it.

Its ugly as fuck and looks like a communist plastic factory shit them out 10k at a time with no QC.
>>
>>34594386
if they made a double stack that took Glock mags i'd trade mine in and rebuy the same day.
>>
>>34592791
they come with ghost ring in the box to replace sight
>>
If one were to buy a jhp for some practice amatuer gunsmithing what would you do to it?
>>
Turkshit
>copies superior German design
>literally funds terrorists
>>
>>34593408
Why the hate for NPAP?
>>
>>34592791
>No rail to mount a light on, so no good for home defense.

Well, /k/, to hell with tradition, we found the thread where OP wasn't the biggest fag.

Then again, maybe it's just OP samefagging.
>>
>>34593833
I think they should have made a carbine versions of the c9 and jhp instead of making a completely different platform.
It would have made it cheaper and accept the same mags and most of the parts.
>>
>>34593088
Sounds just like the old guys in the 80's and 90's always rambling on about the "cheap Jap shit" cars.

You know, the ones that went 250k+ miles before they had the problems Ford and Chevy had at 75k.
>>
>>34594326
That price/quality intersection is called "value."

If price is high but quality is low, it's a poor value.
If price is high but quality is high, it's a fair value.
If price is low but quality is low, it's a poor value.
If price is low but quality is high, it's a high value.

Hi-Point quality is good. (Even its detractors would have to admit quality is at least "fair.") Price is excellent. Other factors like warranty add value also. The only real factors that people can argue with a straight face are that it is "ugly," (think I've heard this about Glock a million times) "big," (a common criticism of the Beretta M9 and 92 series) and has low capacity (but still better than any revolver and equivalent to many compacts).
>>
>>34595718
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Clean it up, and if it hiccups, polish the feed ramp and check the mag feed lips. Otherwise, leave it alone and have a reliable gun.
>>
File: 1500500377694.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1500500377694.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>34594326
Bodyguards and LCPs (with the kind of better trigger) are about that, same capacity and have an actual delay system allowing them to not be fuckhuge and heavy.

I love the things, I have a kit I'm going to do a video on how to make frames for out of a block of aluminum and hand tools becasue of how piss simple and it'll be a fun project but outside of very unlikely circumstances I'm not going to recommend it for anything but maybe a cabin defense gun, even then I'd say spend the 200 for a Pardner or Maverick if you want to pay for a new kind of crunchy gun
>>
>>34597952
>crunchy gun
wut?
>>
>>34597968
Sorry, drunk mobile posting.

I meant a gun of decent quality, above average robustness and new production with widespread distribution that would stand up to being left in a dusty non temperature controlled cabin's attic.
>>
>>34593113
True, but torture tests do have some validity. The idea being "if I can expose this gun to some pretty negative variables and it still functions fine, then I am more likely to be able to rely on it to function fine with more minor and commonly encountered negative variables."

If your Porsche shits out when you use a certain brand of gas, or your BMW's electronics stall out in rain and high humidity, or your Ferrari swallows half of its underside when you encounter a pothole, you might get the idea that the Toyota Camry is popular for a reason.

The point is there's a tradeoff when choosing between "high precision" machines and tougher low maintenance ones. A Camry isn't going to outperform higher-end sportscars on the track and it isn't marketed to do so. But it's likely to function in a lot more varied environments and provide greater utility and value over its lifetime, it doesn't cost five times the median annual income, you don't have to take out a second mortgage to afford an oil change or tire replacement, and it has an excellent warranty.

My theory is that most of the people who gripe about Hi-Point don't own one and haven't shot one much, other than the standard "my cousin-in-law's friend brought one to the range and it jammed a lot..." stories. I never had any particular interest in buying one, got one thrown in on a deal because it actually DID jam a lot. Sent the whole thing to Hi-Point, they replaced the barrel, trigger, and slide, and sent me two magazines back. Only thing that wasn't new was the frame. I've since shot it regularly for a couple of years, I toss it in my truck tool box with the drills when I'm off to a job site, hose it down with CLP a couple of times a year, and it's never given me a problem at all.

Compare that to the Ruger LCP I have with the shittiest trigger in existence and complete denial of warranty service because "it's designed to have a strong trigger pull." I'd rather have 2 Hi-Points instead for the price.
>>
>>34598203
The problem with the LCp is that it's designed to suck and they kind of sort of fixed the suck while the Hi Point is not designed to jam. Sure they can fix it for you but it doesn't change the fact there are a lot of stinkers floating around becasue they got through QC
>>
>>34598203
>I toss it in my truck tool box with the drills
It already looks kinda like a drill.
Could paint the grips and mag yellow or orange and no one would give it a second look.
>>
File: remshit.jpg (9KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
remshit.jpg
9KB, 299x168px
Current production Freedom Group shit.
>>
File: 79a5d55218f846bdbb2a7fc33f1e046d.jpg (168KB, 1003x527px) Image search: [Google]
79a5d55218f846bdbb2a7fc33f1e046d.jpg
168KB, 1003x527px
>>
>>34592791
t. Never fired a gun in his life but spends 6 hours a day on /k/
>>
File: vz58.jpg (484KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
vz58.jpg
484KB, 1600x1200px
I hate how people think the AK47 is the only acceptable semi-auto 7.62 rifle, when the VZ58 is obviously, in every way, far superior.
>Czech haters be triggered
>>
I fucking hate Glocks.

Maybe not the gun itself, although it is overpriced plastic; it's the pants-on-head hysterical asshats that make up the Glock cult that piss me off to no end.

Glockniggers will howl the virtues of their shitty plastic nines like they're the greatest thing since the midnight stepdad bedroom visits with a plate of cookies and a hardon, but will immediately start bitch screaming like wapponese schoolgirls in a Nippon rape vid if you dare point out that their plastic nines are outdated, overpriced starter guns for faggots too stupid to be taught how to use a thumb safety.

Glocks are the gun of choice for pussies, faggots, limp-wristed tardlings, and cum drooling liberals who are afraid of real guns.
>>
>>34597952
Make frames for hi-points or for LCPs? Care to elaborate?
>>
>>34597767
>MUH GUNS AND MUH BIBLE
Thats literally the same people these types of guns are made for. the chevy/ford fucks.
There is plenty of good affordable guns out there, but they usually aren't made in murica.
>>
File: IMG_20170708_141021.jpg (576KB, 1332x749px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170708_141021.jpg
576KB, 1332x749px
>>34592705
I like my hipoint
>>
>>34592705
Is there any reason to buy hi-points now that new guns are going down in price like crazy? LCP's are now $175, Taurus pt111 G2 is $200. Hi-points would have to be more around ~$100 for me to even consider buying one.
>>
>>34598796
>stupid to be taught how to use a thumb safety.
Almost had me.

There is literally no advantage to a manual safety on a defensive handgun, and multiple disadvantages.

Go to bed, grandpa.
>>
>>34599187
Hi points have also gone down to the 100 dollar price range recently, at least the c9 has.
>>
>>34598974
Bought a kit from a pawnshop for 20 bucks, currently its in a paper bag somewhere in my attic but when I finally look for it (probably when it stops being 120 degrees in there) it I'm going to see if I can't make a frame for it and then mail it with a billet of aluminum, a DVD of me making a frame and a hacksaw for this year's secret santa
>>
>>34599173

>those 39's
mah nigga
>>
File: 1470704735097.jpg (223KB, 1000x1232px) Image search: [Google]
1470704735097.jpg
223KB, 1000x1232px
>>34598796
now this is quality shitposting
>>
I've seen a lot of hate lately for the new CZ P10C. I have that gun and think it's more than fine.
>>
>>34599294
The only people who hate the p10 are glock fanboys and they don't matter. I've only seen great reviews.
>>
>>34599294
It's not really hate more than people are a bit fatigued from 'Glock clone but with lower price'
>>
>>34599999
nice
checked
>>
>>34599999
I think it's more about price being the only improvement from most competitors.
>>
>>34600052
I mean, there's only so many variations of trigger safety striker fired you can get before someone can shit them out with the peanuts becasue the engineereing has all been done before.

It's really kind of silly because I know they are super practical but I kind of miss when people were doing their own things, I especially miss external hammers.
>>
>>34592705
The hipoint is the nugget of handguns

>cheap
>durable
>heavy
>handles like garbage
>>
File: 1458106510838.jpg (142KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
1458106510838.jpg
142KB, 500x449px
>>34593408
>>34595734
>Turkish guns
you mean the most obnoxious meme hate on the board that only complete faggots believe

the most hated gun on the board is the Remington R51.
>>
>>34594326
>>34598510
>>34593359
different fag here. even a used glock is maybe only double in price. I have seen them sell for $400 at pawn shops. that literally might be MAYBE an extra month or two of saving for a poor man. so to me unless you are a dumbass noguns that is broke and needs something asap for the pimp down the street coming after you there is NO justifying buying a piece of shit just because you don't want to wait a little longer and save for something vastly better in quality.
I am talking from experience, I have actually owned both a hipoint c9 and a glock 17 and my glock 17 shit on the hipoint for days. I got rid of that piece of shit, I was more than happy when cabelas surprisingly gave me $80 for it when I traded in for my glock, I would have been content blowing that shit brick up with tannerite.
my take.
hipoint c9:
literally reliable for the first shot only. mine literally jammed every other shot with several different types of ammunition. I even tried modifying the mags to no avail. as others complain, total brick with shit sights and capacity, shit trigger. shit accuracy, literally giving out like a 1ft group at best at 15ft.
glock:
reliable as fuck. never jammed or misfired when I had it in factory config. has had one light strike and that's only due to buying a lighter match trigger kit. 17+1rds of glory makes me wonder when I will finally run out of ammo in my mag when I shoot it. very accurate. stock sights were okay (still much better than a hipoint's) eventually I did replace them. (at least I get the option with a glock) recoil is also much more manageable since the bore axis is one of the lowest you can ask for.
so if any of you are honestly trying to defend the hipoint over getting something better, you are among the most flaming homosexuals to have ever existed and are a disgrace to the /k/ and should be shunned from the gun community.
>>
>>34593931
They use really shitty metal to manufacture their guns. And qc is a joke for those companies. I owned a raven 25(got it for $50) and it was a literal paperweight. Couldn't eject shells for shit. Literally gave that gun to a friend for a case of beer.
>>
>>34593408
>PTR
fuck off

>>34598551
not sure if bait

>>34600120
>nuggets
>cheap
>>
>>34600112
The fact that glock doesn't do short reset from the factory after sig, beretta, and cz have done it at a competitive price is stupid.
>>
>>34592705
I generally don't like Slavic weaponry and gear. They're all probably fine weaponry but it's the Slavic aesthetic that is completely off putting to me. I played STALKER and hated it. The game play was shit to meh at best and the aesthetic (which I felt is what makes the game so loved) just wasn't doing it for me. AK, mosins, SKS are the only guns I find interesting.

>Tokarev
>Makarov
>Dragunov
>AS Val
I can totally get how people would like 'em but I just don't into the vodka chugging aesthetic.
>>
>>34593834
So the Phoenix HP22 is a no go? I have found a lot of favorable youtube reviews.
>>
>>34601468
Virgin teenagers like you are why I don't use the word "aesthetic" in real life any more.
>>
>>34593106
but people actually liked the nugget, and it's a good gun.

the nugget and hi points are cheap for different reasons.
>>
>>34598203
My feeling about a Hi-point is I know dads who live in bad neighborhoods with their families and no chance to get out. They know Jamal and his Din'du friends may pay them a visit. It may not be a Colt Peacemaker but it does equalize things faster than the cops coming. It's your 2A right to Self Defense for the low budget.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.