[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does a foreigner take part in a US-held arms show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

File: swexample[1].jpg (1MB, 1915x1160px) Image search: [Google]
swexample[1].jpg
1MB, 1915x1160px
Hello guys. I'm an engineer from Europe and I've developed a weapon which I want to present at a US-held arms show (a plastic 1:1 model of the weapon). I want to get some money invested by a US weapon company to build a prototype and test it, and then set a manufacture for it. How do I enroll for an arms show (I'm thinking of SHOT; which one is better)? How do I contact a weapon company other than through an arms exibition? What else do I need to know?
Pic semi-related.
>>
Hello Euro, it seems like your logical start would be to visit SHOT's website @ http://shotshow.org/
>>
>>34592362
>engineer from Europe with no previous weapons manufacturing experience*
good luck my friend
>>
>>34592362
SHOT show and those defense exhibitions are all invitational. Unless you are industry, you're not getting in.
>>
>>34592362
Sorry meng, NRA hate non US weapons and actively lobbies against them. USA über alles.
>>
>>34592374

Everyone has to start somewhere somehow.

>>34592382

Are there any free-to-enter exibitions?
>>
>>34592386

That sounds bad.
>>
>>34592362
Good luck fellow Europoor.

Care to show us any more screenshots?
>>
Shop it to as many manufacturers as you can. Just make sure you patent anything new and intereresting!

US patents!

Also most euro gun companies have US subsidiaries. So you can probably do it from home.
>>
What's wrong with European gun manufacturers?
>>
>>34592362
>wood stock
>does not have handgrip
>trigger too far forward to grip stock
>trigger assembly linked through several assemblies to reach firing assembly
>round must be drawn backwards, well past the trigger, then driven up into battery
What the fuck do you think you designed, europoor? If that's yours, it's an abomination of weight, poor trigger connectivity, and overcomplication.
>>
>>34592480
That's a model of a BAR
>>
>>34592404

Nope, it's not patented yet.

>>34592459

Thanks for your reply.

>>34592480

Loled hard. Didn't you recognize the classic BAR? It's just a pic which is semi-related, not my design.
>>
File: 72c.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
72c.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>>34592480
>He thinks he knows better than John Moses Browning himself
>>
>>34592480
>>34592502

name is even fucking written in the file lol
>>
File: 1500427271278.jpg (222KB, 914x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1500427271278.jpg
222KB, 914x1200px
>>34592480
>He thinks the BAR is heavy.
>He thinks that's what OP is talking about.
>>
>>34592480
go back to /v/
>>
File: 1496704717838.png (564KB, 596x791px) Image search: [Google]
1496704717838.png
564KB, 596x791px
>>34592480
>>>/v/
>>
File: c67156ccae88.jpg (47KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
c67156ccae88.jpg
47KB, 480x640px
>>34592362
Only a plastic model? Heck. If you are only making a prototype, a 3D printer is all you need. There are a number of firms that also offer 3D printing as a service. If you can't get that, you can master the art of super-gluing sheets of paper and painting them until you get something like pic-related (yes that is entirely an amalgamation of paper, glue, wire and automotive paints; video here: https://youtu.be/HMtUPaoQfgc ).
You might also want real metal springs. There should also be places that can make custom springs to your specifications, if not, you can learn to turn your own springs.

I've wanted to do something like this for a long time, but the laws here in Australia make anything that gun-shaped ("...regardless of its colour, weight or composition or the presence or absence of any movable parts, substantially duplicates in appearance a firearm but that is not a firearm") illegal, including CAD files (referred to as "digital blueprints" in the law book).
>>
>>34592725

I mean, a fully assembled model made of plastic using a 3D-printer, that's what I have. And a set of blueprints, of course.
Thanks for the springs advice.

Hell, I knew Australian government is kind of 'over-protective', but making blueprints illegal? That's stupid. What about the toy guns? are they illegal too?
>>
>>34592387
It's a meme you dip, most gun manufacturers were that. Like Glock
>>
>>34592751
You already built it? I'd love to see pictures.

And yeah, the state I live in, New South Wales, of all states, was the one to outright ban gun-related CAD files because of that stupid fucking liberator pistol.
https://youtu.be/7xjlqMw8FYE
The put that law in sometime round 2014... https://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/#/view/act/1996/46/part6/sec51f

Imitation firearms are any gun-shaped things that can't be identified as either a novelty object or toy. They require a permit, which requires a firearms licence, which requires a bolted-down safe. Basically treated as real guns, which is also the reason why airshit is banned because they mostly look like real-steel firearms. Detailed descriptions in the two PDFs bellow:

The part on Imitation Firearms from the 1996 Firearms Act: https://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/#/view/act/1996/46/part1/sec4d
"FACT" sheet from the NSW police about Imitation Firearm Permits: http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/140178/Imitation_Firearms_Permit_FACT_Sheet_Sep_2013_V1.4.pdf
Quick Guide from the South Australian Police on Imitation Firearms: https://www.police.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0010/263719/Imitation-firearms-quick-guide.pdf

Toy guns are the literal exception to the rule: "(4) However, an imitation firearm does not include any such object that is produced and identified as a children’s toy." So long as it is purchased as a toy with blaze orange tips and other regulations that identify it as a toy, it's not an imitation firearm... A loop hole, never the less, but it's not useful for what I want to accomplish. It's fucking retarded, I know. It pisses me the fuck off. Even more so because early this year, someone actually got booked for all this shit after trying to sell their imitation guns on a Facebook group...
The story: http://www.s m h.com.au/nsw/extech-sicen-sun-made-replica-guns-in-lounge-room-using-3d-printer-court-hears-20170301-gunws8.html
>>
>>34592954

Sorry, I can't. There are no patents yet--and considering it a rather original design, I would like to keep it secret for now.

Why don't they ban 3D printers, eh? By the way, has any crime ever been committed using that Liberator pistol?

Damn, man, I feel sorry for you.

Say, what about airsoft? Do you Australians arrange such semi-military games?
>>
>>34592954

Twenty fucking years of prison for printing some mockups. This poor Sun guy. These laws are absurd.
>>
>>34593003
Oh okay, at first I was under the impression that it was a replica model of the BAR, but I guess you got that picture from the website in the watermark. Miss-interpreted a bit there, but I understand now. It does sound interesting though, even if I don't know what it might be.

3D printers are still tools with very general and purposes other than building firearms. I guess they won't be able to touch them lest they manage to turn the hardware store a legal minefield... which is what I imagine is what government would do given the chance. It is, after all, much cheaper to make a gun from hardware store materials than pissing about with a 3D printer. Ban assault plumbing!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_issues_in_airsoft#Australia

Airsoft... Most likely banned because:
A) No airsoft organisations or clubs existed to give them a "genuine reason" to be allowed
B) Appearance. They are mostly imitations of real weapons and one was used in a hostage siege a few years back https://thewest.com.au/news/australia/illegal-siege-gun-sold-online-for-its-realism-ng-ya-122776
C) They are used for military simulation (((exercises))) or "War games" which can be interpreted as "training terrorists", also deemed an illegal activity
D) Paintball fags will BTFO and don't want to loose their grip on their business
F) Australia are mostly fudds and politically lazy so not much can be done if you aren't in a powerful political movement

closest thing allowed is air-rifles, which are a different can of worms. Apparently South Australia allows them, but only up to a very low velocity of 175 fps or something and are put under "regulated imitation firearm". It's just not the same.

It's embarrassing to say that fucking Nerf guns are the closest you can get to mil-sim games. Ironically, back when the Nerf Rival series was released, they were banned for being "too powerful". This one YouTube channel I follow basically admits that they're into Nerf guns because Airsoft is illegal.
>>
>>34592480
Nobody got the joke. So have a (you).
>>
>>34592480
Hahaha
>>
>>34593123
>175 fps air rifle

Even for airsoft anything under 250fps is usually a cheap chinese toy. I can't believe how cucked Australia really is, i thought they only had the overprotective nanny state mentality when it comes to video games. Are there any other stupid laws you know about?
>>
>>34593021
They are too. At first I thought doing something like this would kinda be ignored because it's not something that could physically hurt anyone. But the more I dug, the more I started to realise how stupid Australian firearms law really is. Even if I built a model out of fucking paper, it's illegal (fear the people who have paper, super glue and time on their hands! https://youtu.be/MzHVAFphI5I ). I'm not going to deal with getting the required licensing bullshit if a model is treated the same as a real weapon. It's not worth chasing down permits for, really. The UK's gun legislation looks more appealing than ours, that's how bad it is.
The argument behind the imitations law is also so weak. So what if someone uses an imitation gun to rob a store? I'd take fake gun in a hold-up over a knife or real gun any day. I'd rather be inconvenienced than be mortally injured. If the robber is shot and killed for holding a store up with a fake gun, then that's a consequence of armed robbery.
>>34593003
Also, no, the liberator has not been used in a crime yet, but they have been found in the dens of Biker gangs in police raids... They have also have built a variety of Luty SMGs. An open bolt full-auto bullet spraying MACHINE GUN that isn't very practical but sounds very scary in a news article! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH76VoI_hsw
Sheet metal hand guns! https://homemadeguns.wordpress.com/2017/05/15/homemade-semi-automatic-handgun-seized-in-australia/
http://www.baka.com.au/national/thousands-of-aussies-download-instructions-on-how-to-make-a-3d-gun-20170302-gupd5w.html
This fucking burns. Mostly that part at the end. Cody Wilson is quite right. "A poor Anglo farmer in the 17th century had more dignity than the modern Australian."
>>
File: 1496029217313.jpg (21KB, 427x427px) Image search: [Google]
1496029217313.jpg
21KB, 427x427px
If you're euro, you could apply to show your stuff at eurosatory 2018. I was there last year and it was neato
>>
File: cuck control australia.png (306KB, 1394x1126px) Image search: [Google]
cuck control australia.png
306KB, 1394x1126px
>>34593293
Replace "baka" with s m h... Why the hell is there a filter on that? Damn anime image board.

>>34593275
Pay a visit to guncontrolaustralia.org and just smell the reek of emotional manipulation. You don't need that lever action rifle, you baby killing criminal! 8 bullets, 8 seconds! Say no to the Adler A110!
Also, blame the gun lobby for all of the guns stolen, because they own the guns and OH LOOK NOW THE CRIMINALS HAVE THEM! YOU ARE HELPING THE CRIMINALS IF YOU OWN A GUN!
"What the GCA seeks to achieve"
- Make semi-automatic handguns (the same kind used in massacres in America) illegal in Australia.
- Oppose the self-interested actions of an increasingly powerful gun lobby.
- Scrutinise and publicise the major parties’ dealing with the gun lobby and put pressure on them not to do deals with the Shooters and Fishers Party and LDP that put public safety at risk.
- Ensure our gun laws remain the envy of the world
- Reinstate tight gun laws

>cuck control australia.png
>>
>>34593331

8 rds in 8 sec
holy shit
thats a fucking mass destruction weapon
all nations kneel before the adler company which invented such a horrible human-reaping mechanism
>>
>>34593331
>OH LOOK NOW THE CRIMINALS HAVE THEM! YOU ARE HELPING THE CRIMINALS IF YOU OWN A GUN!
I didn't know it was possible to doublethink this fucking hard. That's unholy. Australia really is terrible.
>>
File: 1498303621484.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1498303621484.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>34592954
> fellow auscuck
> we all nofuns here
it feels real bad man
i come onto /k/ every night and be jealous of amerifats
>>
>>34593352
ikr
>that feel when you love your country but hate your government with such a passion that i would fight a civil war against it
>>
>>34593331
>ensure our gun laws remain the envy of the world
i think they are mistaking envy for pity
i hope these people get killed by niggers with assault rifles (oh the iron e) so i can piss on their grave
>>
>>34593527

monster gunsmiths from adler developed their street sweeper
whole world drowning in blood of the innocents
us, russia, china: piles of rotting corpses on the streets killed by one 12 ga load of buck each second, 25/8
all nations run out of men
adler shotguns shooting by themselves
humanity destroyed
BUT NOT AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIAN NATION STOOD HIGH AND PROUD AGAINST REPEATING FIREARMS
OH AUSTRALIA, THOU ART SAFE
>>
>>34592362

You walk in, even illegal immigrants in California can buy DROS'd (term for guns registered with the CADOJ) guns in CA from a CA FFL if they put down "decline to state residency status" on their forms. I know because my sister (hecho en mexico) did just that last month. Gun shows themselves won't turn down people willing to pay for booths.

Your only issue would be actually selling guns you've made, all of which would have to be made in America or over 25 years old. Models don't count because models aren't guns.
>>
>>34593331
Are lever action rifles banned in Australia? Do they really consider this rapid fire but don't consider straight pull rapid fire?
>>
File: ausfailure.jpg (307KB, 1676x863px) Image search: [Google]
ausfailure.jpg
307KB, 1676x863px
>>34593464
>never had I felt envious for even the the fucking UK

it does feel bad man. can't even enjoy simple arrangement of what ever the fuck in the shape of a gun without licking the boot.
>>
>>34593714
Gun control advocates run a double standard and often overlook other details as to keep your attention on one thing.
Straight-pull is also not as well recognised as lever action (who hasn't seen a western with one of those killing machines in it?)
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.