[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a question mainly for CA firearms owners. Today I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 33mrh4h.jpg (757KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
33mrh4h.jpg
757KB, 1600x900px
This is a question mainly for CA firearms owners. Today I was up shooting at the glass factory in Santa Barbara. I had with me my featureless VEPR but seeing as that there was no one else there with me, I decided to use the gun as Mikhail Kalashnikov intended and removed the kydex wrap from the pistol grip.

Towards the end of the day two Forest Service dudes, Law Enforcement fellas rolled up and spoke to my friend and I. We saw them approaching and I quickly put the kydex wrap back on my VEPR but I did not screw it in place.

They briefly spoke to us about the place closing down soon due to fire restrictions and then asked to see our firearms. We obliged and one officer immediately took to my VEPR. I informed him that it was loaded, he took out the magazine and tried to reinsert it as if it was an AR mag. He then told me that it's not CA complaint because it had no bullet button. I told him that the bullet button was not necessary since it's a featureless rifle due to the kydex wrap blocking the pistol grip. He told me he doesn't actually know and that I'm probably right.

They then left, but upon my friend and I leaving it turned out they were just waiting by the exit. When they us leaving, they left as well.

My questions, what exactly are the legal consequences of me removing the wrap and firing my rifle properly? I mean, how would they know if I had registered it as a CA assault rifle and simply didn't need the wrap? Also, this might be my autism, but why did they show up and even look at our guns, and then leave but not actually leave till we left?
>>
>>34591367
Pound me in the ass senpai camp. Keep the wrap on you dumbass
>>
File: 1496629087695.jpg (122KB, 628x788px) Image search: [Google]
1496629087695.jpg
122KB, 628x788px
You should have shot them for infringing on your rights.
>>
>>34591367
>then leave but not actually leave till we left?
to get your license plate
>>
>>34591367
I might be wrong, but stupid CA shit like that might count as a felony. Just as long as your VEPR looks like it was before removing the kydex wrap, you're pretty much fine as long as no one else knows or your friend doesn't rat you out.
>>
>>34591535
My car was parked right by them when they first pulled up though. They didnt even wait, as soon as they saw us leaving, they left as well.

>>34591467
My 'tism did briefly think on that

>>34591444
Yeah I know... It just feels so fucking wrong
>>
>>34591575
Were there other cars near by? If so they were waiting to get your plates.
>>
>>34591367
Maybe don't post about it on the internet right after it happened. Maybe if you didn't do shit like that you'd have the sense not to get nailed.

Also maybe don't bait us to reply you jerk
>>
>>34591549
I tried doing research on it, but have yet to find any actual consequences. But yeah, that's what I'm scared of, I have a clean record and really dont want a felony just because I was enjoying my gun. I know I should probably keep that wrap on, but fuck man
>>
>>34591587
No, it was just my friend and myself. My car was the only one there.

>>34591591
I'm not sure what you mean by that? I've just heard a lot of mixed things regarding this bullshit CA assault rifle crap and would like to get a definitive answer
>>
>Also, this might be my autism, but why did they show up and even look at our guns, and then leave but not actually leave till we left?

Because CA's law enforcement is nothing but a group of power hungry jackbooted thugs, who regularly abuse their power. Those corrupt ass fucks make the stasi look friendly. May fuck be upon them, especially the para-leo fishing game.

Also they were probably bored, and collecting extra overtime, in addition to their opulent pensions.
>>
>>34591612
Probably to make sure it was your car and you didn't walk, get dropped off or take public transportation. You may not like it however more than likely that was the case. They wanted positive ID of a a driver and shooter. That helps build a case. If there was no one else there and they weren't shooting also. I'd put my money on you getting a visit. Hopefully their significant others send them into a suicidal rage and they forget about you.
>>
>>34591367
Weird stuff happens in California
>>
>>34591667
A visit for what? I didn't do anything wrong?
>>
>>34591367
Felony, never voting or posessing firearms again.

Since you were so forthcoming with details, all it would take is for a detective to have enough sense to keep tabs on firearms related forums when researching firearms related cases. What if your local DA has a hardon for gun control? You might be the case example than answers your question.

not only did you admit to possessing an illegal weapon, describing your environment and which exact person you were with a narrow time range (today, only people there, enough detail to tell you and your friend apart), you admitted to MANUFACTURING (by CA penal code definition) it!
>>
>>34591754
Don't worry, if you're indeed innocent, they'll just fabricate something.

CA's government is an enemy of the constitution, and the people which it governs.
>>
>>34591775
DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS
>>
File: 1491892538425.png (282KB, 422x308px) Image search: [Google]
1491892538425.png
282KB, 422x308px
>>34591367

>Living in California
>>
>>34591594
I know it is tempting, brother. Since you mentioned that those two did not know about the new CA law about the kydex wrap; they should hopefully be informed about it afterwards and go on about their business.
>>
>>34591812
What do you reckon their business is? One of the dudes, the first one to talk to us was chill as fuck. Didn't seem to give a shit once he realized we were shooting safely.
>>
>>34591779
True that bud, I'm actively applying for jobs outside of this state, hopefully something good comes soon
>>
>>34591855
He's chill because he's being paid out the ass. You're the one that could end up in prison, not him.
>>
>>34591798
that guy looks pretty hot, where and when does he usually rape again?
>>
File: 9873cPi.jpg (35KB, 374x503px) Image search: [Google]
9873cPi.jpg
35KB, 374x503px
>>34591367
>Taking off the grip wrap
Instant felony according to the CA DoJ. You're lucky the forest service guys didn't know.
>>
>>34591855
Going about their day and let bygones be bygones. But hey, if it's nothing out of the ordinary during the talking besides of what you did before, I wouldn't worry about it too much. They don't have solid evidence anyways.
>>
>>34591870

>bitches don't know 'bout Brother Dean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bZLtg8OZYY

Califags will never be able to handle the bants.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.