[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stock ID

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Stock.jpg (100KB, 1206x404px) Image search: [Google]
Stock.jpg
100KB, 1206x404px
A friend of mine came upon this while cleaning out an abandoned property he owns.
1. What does it go to?
2. How much would building it up from here cost
3. Can the receiver be milled/created in a home shop with limited tools
Sorry for bad quality
>>
1: it looks like an m14 stock.
2: too damn much
3: not a chance.
>>
>>34588781
Whats the cost compared to buying an M14 brand new?
>>
>>34588612
You'd be better off buying an M1A or something and fitting that stock to it if you really wanted to use that stock.
Otherwise sell the stock. Good stocks are always needed.
>>
>>34588612
lol. It's literally just a piece of wood. No, you cannot build an entire rifle out of the stock. Well, you could, but YOU can't since you were retarded enough to ask this.
>>
>>34589078
You have a point but I'm autistically optimistic about this build.
>>
>>34589041
more than just buying one. generally its cheaper to buy than attempt to source all the pieces. the exception being the ar.
>>
all you have here is the piece of wood. you're not going to build a rifle out of it. sell it to someone who wants to replace the stock on the rifle he already has
>>
>>34589182
>this build
What build? You don't have anything. I'm sorry man, I don't mean to shit on your parade but all you have is a stock. If you had a receiver then maybe, but you dont have shit. You don't have any tools and you don't know how to hand fit parts. You would be much better off just buying a rifle at this point.

This is like finding a muffler on the side of the road and wanting to build a Ferrari out of it.
>>
That's a civilian stock. No cutout for the M14 selector. Might be interested in buying it for my M1A.

>>34589041

If you had all the tools to build an M14 and the cheapest source of used parts, you'd save about $40 using this stock vs buying one. But in real life most component parts are more expensive than buying a prebuilt. Figure about $1400 to build one vs $1100 to buy a good used one.
>>
>>34588612
>Can the receiver be milled/created in a home shop with limited tools

There's literally a huge book about how complicated the design and manufacturing process of the M14 was. Even with modern small shop techniques there's some guy trying to sell his M14 receiver tooling for around 8 grand right now.
>>
>>34589341
eh, I've gotten excited over less...
>>34589409
So you're saying there's a chance?
Or at least a chance to find it a good home
>>
>>34589458
just sell it dude
>>
>>34589458
how much money are you willing to throw down a pit to make your dreams come true?
>>
>>34589693
>>34589501
>>34589430
Fuck it, I'll just go buy a c308 or something. Thanks for the help though guys
I was looking forward to maybe buying and building it with my dad when I got back into town. Just something to do, maybe mill a few pieces here and there.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.