[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kydex Holsters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0181-900x600.jpg (175KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0181-900x600.jpg
175KB, 900x600px
What are some of the better brands for a kydex IWB holster?

Someone at my LGS recommended Dara but I've never heard of them.
>>
>>34588081
The one on the left looks EXACTLY like the ones I make...

Just check out the first two Google pages when you search for your gun + Kydex. Then price out, send a few emails with your questions and take your pic. Sometimes LGSs have a local due [like me] who'll make you something for cheaper if you're willing to drive.

If they don't list what thickness of Kydex they use make sure to email and ask, and don't buy anything under .08.

And good GOD those lines look sexy.
>>
>>34588081
Try Priority One holsters. Made in NC in a guy's garage, I met him at a gun show. He makes really good stuff, I EDC a P30SK with one of his holsters.
>>
>>34588081
Raven
>>
File: 85d7fo.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
85d7fo.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>34588325
I'm a bit of a greenhorn when it comes to holsters. I'm seeing "J-Hook", "Clip Over" and inch sizes. I'm kind of at a loss on what means what. Anything I should avoid?
>>
>>34588081
I like Clinger and garrett industries. Both are great and their products stand out among their contemporaries due to innovative features.
>>
File: 81CfeDaCKvL._SL1500_.jpg (121KB, 1500x1070px) Image search: [Google]
81CfeDaCKvL._SL1500_.jpg
121KB, 1500x1070px
>>34588733
>j-hook

Clip-overs are OPic left, and loops are a clusterfuck.
Inches usually correlate to the width of the belt they're meant for, commonly 1.25, 1.5, and 1.75. J-hooks like pic-related should be avoided unless they state what gauge Kydex they use. Like I said I wouldn't trust anything under .08.

>>34588354
I like this guy, I've never heard of him before. His site doesn't look like shite like most of them do.
>>
File: damn_kids.jpg (76KB, 540x668px) Image search: [Google]
damn_kids.jpg
76KB, 540x668px
>>34588081
I got the Dara appendix carry holster for my PPS. First IWB holster, so take this info with that in mind. The holster concealed quite nicely at 12:00, but turns out kids drop far too much shit for appendix carry to work out in day to day life for me. Migrated to a 2:30-3:00 carry without any problems instead.

So far, so good. Retention is damn near ideal, zero sight hang up, there's a bottom fold in the bottom of the holster to suspend forward motion when holstering that my CompTac comp holster is missing, and the bottom edges of the holster line up perfectly with the bottom of my PPS trigger guard.

While not nearly as comfortable as a pocket holster, it's an entire second faster on the draw.

>>34588325
Calipers show .1" thickness. Not sure if that's ideal or not.
>>
>>34589562
Oh yeah, they made sure to cover the magazine release button as well, which is not something all holster manufacturers do.
>>
>>34588081
I've got a holster like the one on the left but with an ulticlip, but it's hard to conceal because holster + gun + clip all being in the same plane makes it really thick. I think the one on the right in your pic would be much better because the clip is next to the gun so it's not adding to the thickness of the holster+gun.

I've got a stealthgear revolution in the mail that I'm hoping will be better. I wear pretty slim clothes, so I really need the slimmest form factor (shield 9).
>>
>>34589562
That thickness is fine, more expensive and less flexible for my taste but a bigger company could do well with it as you can see.

Personally I make mine with an exposed or half covered release so you can drop the mag before unholstering in the event you encounter an uppity cop or someone similar- unless the release is easier than that of say a Glock release, then I cover it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.