[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: we discuss WWII tanks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 12

File: panzer IV.jpg (9KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
panzer IV.jpg
9KB, 257x196px
ITT: we discuss WWII tanks
>>
>>34585804
Why didn't the Germans continued to produce and upgrade PZIVs instead of building shit like the Tiger?
>>
>>34585815
Because the PzIV's couldn't support a big enough turret ring to mount a big enough gun that the Germans wanted, so they had to design a new hull
>>
File: comet.jpg (106KB, 798x800px) Image search: [Google]
comet.jpg
106KB, 798x800px
Best tank coming through
>>
>>34586052
>English anything
>even relevant
>>
File: comet in korea.jpg (105KB, 800x646px) Image search: [Google]
comet in korea.jpg
105KB, 800x646px
>>34586068
cry more
>>
>>34586072
>has to find pictures from Korea because the Comet arrived too late to do anything

like I said, as irrelevant as the Island it was made on
>>
File: comet in ruhr.jpg (123KB, 946x702px) Image search: [Google]
comet in ruhr.jpg
123KB, 946x702px
>>34586132
comet in the ruhr

Their history was brief but pretty effective

Crossed the rhine during operation plunder, smashed their way through to osnabruk, liberated belsen and chased down the fleeing guards, pancaking them, captured lubeck, neustadt

All without a single combat loss,

At the berlin victory parade the soviets picked up their ears on the sight of comets, having captured german intelligence on comets.

they also performed admirably in korea, where orders were to destroy comets in the event of a capture due to their still sensitive equipment
>>
File: comet location unknown.jpg (20KB, 569x370px) Image search: [Google]
comet location unknown.jpg
20KB, 569x370px
>>
File: comet parade.jpg (47KB, 800x516px) Image search: [Google]
comet parade.jpg
47KB, 800x516px
>>
>>34585815

they did you retard
>>
File: Comet VE day berlin 1945.jpg (83KB, 1275x829px) Image search: [Google]
Comet VE day berlin 1945.jpg
83KB, 1275x829px
>>
>>34586210
>still sensitive equipment

no one cares about your integrated tea kettles, m8
>>
>>34586245
It was the optics and gun stabilisation system.

You ever wondered why the centurion stayed in service so many years?
>>
File: firefly.jpg (101KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
firefly.jpg
101KB, 750x563px
>>34586068
>>34586132
Hohoho
Someones brithurt!

We're going to have some fun here lads!
>>
>>34586245
You wish you knew how to put a kettle in a tank, proper brew whenever like. Best invention of the war.
>>
File: 6WoA5zm.jpg (205KB, 1024x986px) Image search: [Google]
6WoA5zm.jpg
205KB, 1024x986px
>>34586455
>>34586337
>>
>>34585804

Panzer IV with schurzen is cute

Panzer IV without schurzen is sad
>>
File: cyoot.jpg (61KB, 924x568px) Image search: [Google]
cyoot.jpg
61KB, 924x568px
>>34585804
Sturmi a cute!! CUTE!!
>>
>>34585815
The PZ IV could not be taken any further. The suspension was already overtaxed with the H model and the design it self had become a developmental dead end.
>>
File: full english.jpg (31KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
full english.jpg
31KB, 720x450px
>>34586245
> Be me
> Gulf war '91
> M1a1 Abrams tank loader
> Pushed so far ahead we couldn't get rations in to feed us
> one meal a day
> Fuckingsuxman.gif
> Wake up one morning
> Our tank is on duty, while the others get refuelled
> about a mile ahead of the rest of the unit to keep look out
> Dangling out of hatch
> Smell bacon
> Commander says i'm hallucinating
> he starts hallucinating too, so does gunner
> Driver pipes in "Do you guys smell bacon?"
> We weren't even talking on the internal
> Definitely bacon smell somewhere
> Commander starts panning horizon with optics
> "BACON!" he screams "BACON!"
> "Wait i mean brits!"
> he gets on the radio and tells battalion we're going to check something out and to send up a replacement tank
> Speed over there
> Pull up and dismount
> Some brit hanging out of the turret
> "ya ollwite m8? ya lost?"
> Gunner still inside turret screams
> "DO YOU HAVE BACON!"
> U WOT m8?
> "do you have any food?"
> "erm... yeah sure let me call it in..."
Their Commander sat there and made us a full english, Egg, bacon, sausage, beans, mushroom, and some fried bread. Ketchup too

He cooked it all on a little Black tin, using nothing but the heat of the day and the engine

that breakfast was heavenly, i remember returning to battalion with ketchup all over our faces and grins from frisco to Houston

Top dudes, best thing was they did it all with a tour of their challenger "gracie" and took payment as a tour of our tank, the challnger is not as roomy, but it has a fridge/freezer and a kettle and even an NBC toilet.

Was pretty impressive back then

met with brits another two time after that, one 10 years later in the same country and once again in 2009 in afghanistan, both absolute stars
>>
>>34586712
god bless the limeys, especially the ones that can cook
>>
File: xpw4O6JCFeU.jpg (164KB, 1023x768px) Image search: [Google]
xpw4O6JCFeU.jpg
164KB, 1023x768px
>>34586813
Indeed, kind of stupid that they created a somewhat sufficient tank which we never even considered.

Second time i met them in iraq was another tank regiment, a lancer unit i think, one of the tanks was named "pole lancer".

Got another look-round of the second challenger, has some impressive optics, similar battle management, the gun reticle suck though, and they had problems with with the coax gun,

Third time in Afghanistan they pushed many 19Ks into a weird role of sorta infantry, despite abrams not actually being fielded yet.

The brits came over at christmas, gave everyone a PMAG, some heavily read reading material (which is more of a godsend than it sounds), they even gave some chrismas boxes that was given to some of the more worrisome and depressed people in our unit.

By far the best thing was a can of beer each. they also bought over some candy.

morale went up, it was nice to be reminded that there were people out there who knew and appreciated we were there.

Worst of it was they typically stayed in their FOBs or went out onto patrol, they rarely went to Leatherneck or bagram just to go to the PX.

top guys would serve with again
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.