[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The 5 Best Survival Guns When Ammo Is Scarce

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1443905707618.jpg (35KB, 915x720px) Image search: [Google]
1443905707618.jpg
35KB, 915x720px
Take your pick — earthquake, fire, severe weather, civil unrest, a terrorist act. Whatever the catastrophe, having a survival firearm is norm today and not the exception.

The reasons to have a last-ditch firearm (or two) are endless and unique to you and your environment, but self-defense and hunting are naturally the top uses.

Since we are talking about an out-of-the-norm event, I would want to keep my selections simple. To accomplish this, I would consider such factors as ammo availability. Within the United States, some calibers (or shotgun ammo) that would be much more available during a crisis include 22 long rifle, 12 gauge, 223/5.56, 9mm, and 308 or 30-06. Others – such as 22 Magnum, 28 gauge, 222, 357 Sig, and 270 Winchester Short Mag – could be hard to find.

In other words, your survival gun should be in a caliber that you have a good supply of, or calibers that might be easier to find via scavenging or bartering. Another factor I would consider is the track record of reliability. Confidence in the firearms’ system — including accessories and ammunition — as well as my ability to use them well, is critical. Efficiency of operation, basic field maintenance and ease of transport are also points to consider.

With the above in mind, here are my top picks:
http://www.govtslaves.com/5-best-survival-guns-ammo-scarce/
>>
AR-15, pistol in 9x19mm, bolt-action chambered in .308 or .30-06, good Mossberg shotgun in 12 gauge, and 10/22. That was easy you clickbaiting autist faggot.
>>
For extended shtf fantasies get a flintlock. As long as people can make powder and lead balls, you have ammo
>>
What >>34582179 said except you can probably drop the AR-15 if you're not an idiot and stay away from large groups of people and population centers.
/thread.
>>
>>34583650
take a shotgun instead, when you can't find any more shells drill a touch hole and you've got a matchlock.
>>
>>34582179
This.
except maybe 30-06
>>
>>34583694
Thinking that society will ever degrade to walking dead levels.
>>
>>34583712
i have enough ammo for my great grandkids to still be taking pot shots at raiders, these are all satire and thought experiments.
>>
>>34582155
SKS because i have 6 spam cans of 750 rounds each buried on my property
>>
>>34582155
airgun.
>>
File: M9vrYMC.jpg (663KB, 2409x2105px) Image search: [Google]
M9vrYMC.jpg
663KB, 2409x2105px
>>34582155
A glock and a few thousand rounds of ammo. Add a glock mag carbine if you're into that.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.