[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving with vast quantities of guns? Soooo i wish to leave my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: 1499810797961.jpg (3MB, 1200x2165px) Image search: [Google]
1499810797961.jpg
3MB, 1200x2165px
Moving with vast quantities of guns?

Soooo i wish to leave my cuck state in the future and am wondering if you kommandos have experience with moving a lot of guns.

Like 30 guns.

And 20k rounds of ammo.

And an 800lb safe.

I could part with a few of them but most I can't
>>
>>34578403
What's the question?

Moving companies move your stuff.
If you do it yourself, you move your stuff.
>>
>>34578503

How do you ensure the safety of your investment?

We all know moving companies don't give a fuck. With guns though, there's no second chances.

"Oh sorry bruh, I broke your SVT 40 handguard. Sorry"
>>
Rent a moving truck and do it yourself with the help of not retarded friends or family.
>>
>>34578568
>with the help of not retarded friends or family.
eh, anon,... I think there might be a problem with this proposal.
>>
>>34578568

/thread. get truck. move shit into truck.

wow so tuff.

or are you some 500 lb louisiana lard-ass who can't even look down and see your own dick?
>>
>>34578586
Sell the safe so it is a one person job then
>>
File: 1486794936383.jpg (32KB, 604x400px) Image search: [Google]
1486794936383.jpg
32KB, 604x400px
>>34578403

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/922

What is every-ones thoughts on 18 U.S. Code ยง 922 - Unlawful acts? Not trying to derail, just found out about it today.
>>
>>34578776

Which part?
>>
>>34578403
I moved 5 rifles by putting them in cases and then putting those cases in a very big box and filled the voids with padding, but if I had to move like 30 guns, I'd just build crates for them and have them packed and sealed so nobody knew what they were.
>>
>>34578541
i put my 40ish guns in my car and let the movers deal with the ammo and safes.
>>
>>34578403
Sell your semi auto garbage and buy a couple transferables
>>
File: 1490762278864.jpg (52KB, 660x372px) Image search: [Google]
1490762278864.jpg
52KB, 660x372px
>>34578791
Uhm, all of it, since it proceeds to re-reference itself throughout.
>>
>>34578589
That's just begging to have your guns taken by Sheriff Billy Bubba after a traffic stop
>Hey boy, whutcha doin wid all them guns? You got receipts fo all dem? No? Well we just gonna haf ta seize then as eveedence.
Let a moving company deal with it, but make sure they're experienced.
>>
>>34578503
Most moving companies absolutely will not handle hazmat or ORM-D shit, it doesn't matter whether it's 2000 rounds of ammo or a single half full bottle of Drano.

Many moving companies will not handle firearms due to liability/insurance, and over half charge enough to move a safe it's usually more economical to leave it in the old house and buy another.

>>34578403
If you have something that can tow it, rent a U Haul trailer. Otherwise, pack the trunk full of ammo and find an FFL willing to receive mailed firearms (this is legal).
>>
Rent a U-Haul, move your shit, return the U-Haul at the most convenient location to you. The best person to move your expensive shit is always you. Make sure you move to a properly uncucked state that doesn't require registrations etc so sheriff bubba doesn't steal your shit. Recommended states: Louisiana, Arizona, Mississippi, and Missouri.
>>
>>34579302

people would voluntarily move to these shithole cesspools? gross
>>
>>34578776
My thoughts? A bit of a loaded question, don't you think? I suppose if I had to summarize my perspective, understanding, and opinions on the topic so plainly it would be something to the effect of
SHALL
>>
File: 1499627059297.gif (2MB, 540x652px) Image search: [Google]
1499627059297.gif
2MB, 540x652px
>>34579382
They're the states with the most relaxed gun laws in the country. You can keep your fancy nofun cities in commiefornia or all your restrictions and licensing laws elsewhere. I'm going to exercise my constitutional right to keep and bear arms in my shithole cesspool, where I don't have to be on a government list to carry concealed and be within the law. Enjoy your restrictions on your rights.
>>
When I moved I invested in some beach towels. I wrapped everything in its own towel and filled the back if my blazer enough to make the suspension sag. Ammo and safe went in moving truck.
>>
>>34579142
>That's just begging to have your guns taken by Sheriff Billy Bubba after a traffic stop
>>Hey boy, whutcha doin wid all them guns? You got receipts fo all dem? No? Well we just gonna haf ta seize then as eveedence.

If you don't have that sorted before you get in the car, you're fucked. Seriously, what happens if they're stolen?
>>
>>34579195
>Most moving companies absolutely will not handle hazmat or ORM-D shit, it doesn't matter whether it's 2000 rounds of ammo or a single half full bottle of Drano.

Get the movers and the truck separately. No ORM-D limitations of really any fucks given.
>>
30 guns is nothing unless they're all water cooled machine guns or something.
>>
>>34578403
Move guns, leave safe not worth moving probably.
Pack guns in crates or hard shell cases.
Document SNs, take pictures (Just in case).
If needed rent a van or suchlike. Don't park overnight in bad neighborhoods. At far end end get new gun safe prepositioned.
>>
Related to this, I know that moving truck/trailer rental companies, like uhaul, offer insurance to cover the contents during a move. Do the policies typically exclude or limit firearms? I know a lot of homeowners policies have limits for claims on firearms.
>>
>>34579578
Even if you sort it out beforehand, you're still taking one hell of a risk. Some shithole towns will confiscate any money you have over $500 dollars, they'll even take your gift cards. You go rolling through Oedipus County with a U-Haul full of guns, and the Sheriff will have a few more toys for his collection.
>>
>>34578403
Either rent a cargo truck or rent a pod and put them in there.
>>
>>34578776
Shall not be infringed.
>>
I've lived in 13 houses in 15 years, so I can tell you what to do.

>rent UHaul
>load up your guns/other sensitive items first.
>Then load up your heavy furniture. Couches, beds, mattresses, tables, etc.
>Then everything else.

Trust me, no officer is going to spend the day unloading a uhaul just to search it (and having to call in other officers to assist, which will piss them off too). They might take a few boxes off the top if you're a real fucking autist and say some stupid shit even if you get pulled over, but they ain't pulling out the whole truck. In fact, we've never been pulled over any time we've moved over the years, or I've moved later by myself, it's just being smart. Also, be aware that if you are pulling a trailer, many states have a max speed limit for vehicles pulling trailers. It's not widely enforced in many areas but it is the law (for example, in GA, speed limit might say 70 but state law says you can't go more than 55 if you're pulling a trailer). Again, it's not enforced because I've flown through downtown atlanta in one doing 75 and getting run the fuck over by cops and everyone else, but just keep that in mind if you're transporting sensitive items.

>>34579598

Moving companies are for pussies, but also, not hard to pack shit up. Get some cardboard boxes, load your shit in it, label it "glassware" or "antiques" or "tools" or "bowling equipment". I'd never pay people to move my shit though, because moving companies aren't known for hiring the best people.
>>
>had 40 guns hidden in closet
>lived in nigger apartment complex
>always careful sneaking them in
>niggers never saw them
>moving day
>wake up early before dawn
>carry guns out to car
>niggers see them
>sheeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiit
>niggers call cops
>cops show up
>cops tell me about their Garands
>ask why I lived in nigger complex
>it's cheap
>cops leave
>niggers peer out windows
>know cops would have shot them
>muh baby dindu nuffin
>sheeeeeeeiiiiiit
>>
>>34580331
Why do you perpetually live in fear? If the town is going to pull that shit they're going to try to pull it with literally any of your possessions.
>>
People in this thread suck.

"Don't use a mover!"
"Use a mover!"

Jesus Christ, you fucks are useless.

Ideally I would pack a uhaul and haul that yourself. Movers break/lose shit and honestly it's a nightmare trying to make a claim.
>>
>>34580904

What he said. Just rent a fucking truck. Will cost less than a mover, will carry all your shit, will maintain your privacy. And you don't have to worry about moving companies, who generally do not give a FUCK about your stuff.
>>
1. Rent a truck
2. Load shit into truck
3. Tie shit down
4. Drive to destination with said truck
5. Unload shit from truck (you8 have to untie it first)
6. (optional) return rented truck

Any questions?
No, it isn't illegal to dive your guns across state lines. No, you aren't going to get randomly pulled over and searched unless you drive like a jackass.
>>
>>34580807
T. /Pol/

GET OUT NAZIS REEEEE
>>
File: muh truck, muh gun.jpg (1MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
muh truck, muh gun.jpg
1MB, 3264x1840px
>>34578403
I drove from Louisiana to Missouri in my truck with a camper shell on it. I had about 13 or so guns in the truck, as well as a bunch of ammo in cans, and boxes of magazines and misc gun parts. I wrapped each gun in bubble wrap and taped it up, then placed them in the truck bed, and covered them with cardboard and a coat. I kept the ammo in the cab along with the mags and such. If you're going to do anything like this, make sure you read up on the laws of each state you will pass through. Just go the speed limit, and top off your fluids before you leave. My trip took about 8 hours so I just did it in one solid run, with gas cans in the back. Only stopped once for fuel.
>>
>>34578541
Have you heard of bubble wrap? Seriously what kind of answer do you want?
>>
File: Her_frown_and_pessimism_gone.png (515KB, 761x302px) Image search: [Google]
Her_frown_and_pessimism_gone.png
515KB, 761x302px
>>34579471
Mississippi is actually a pretty nice place to live. There's a lot of jobs on the coast and there's always something entertaining going on. The state became constitutional carry last year, and we have a couple of nice gun ranges, one in mchenry and one in the pass. There's lots of cheap land north of I10, and the cops here are very relaxed.

I've rather much enjoyed living here on the coast for the past 5 years. Way better than living in Panama City or Santa Cruz.
>>
>>34581135
kys commie
>>
>>34578403

just get some wooden crates and pack the guns into them, stick the crates into a moving van.

how did you get the safe into the house? that's how you'll get it out, and into the van.

i presume the ammo is already in cans and the cans can just be put into cardboard boxes. in the van.
>>
I worked for two moving companies. DO NOT use a moving company any. Move any important stuff yourself.
>>
>>34578403
>Like 30 guns

if $$ is not an issue then

take them all to FFL dealer, package & ship individually insured of course

how to do think guns get to the dealers to begin with ? ups & fedex & uspostal all ship longguns, but handguns only ups & fedex

sell the safe, buy another, not worth moving ?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.