[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ready, Aim, Miss!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: SmileyGong.png (159KB, 365x323px) Image search: [Google]
SmileyGong.png
159KB, 365x323px
We've all seen the threads: See a person at the range miss the target at 7 yards. Then there's "Heh heh, I'll probably miss the gong. Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding. Heh heh, the gun made me look good." What are YOU doing to improve your aim? Can YOU print a smiley face at 80 yards?
>>
>>34576601
I practiced with an FS92 in double action mode for every weekend for like six months. Shit sucked. I started at 2 yards and only moved further when my shots were on top of each other. Eventually I was maxing out the pistol range's 25 yards with really good precision.

While overkill, it really made me appreciate the finer points of pistol use. I use a Glook brand Glook, and every day shooting it feels like easymode because of the time I put in with the mega heavy FS92 trigger.
>>
>>34576601
Dry fire practice, ball and dummy drills

Going to the range often helps
>>
>>34576653
Thats the kind of aggressive autism I come here for
>>
>>34576700
I don't know if it's more or less autistic, but I was an Army Sergeant at the time, and being newly issued an M9, I passed the qualification (laughably easy) but felt very unsure of using the handgun and training people on it (which I felt was part of my duty). Lo and behold that like 99% of people in the military write off the M9 as useless and never practice with it, so my autism was some true moto shit.
>>
>>34576601
I go shooting almost every Sunday and try to hit the target. It's fun and I'm getting better.
>>
>>34576601
I bought a really powerful scope and I'm working on getting it sighted in at 50 yards; turn the knobs each shot never more than 1 time around though. As soon I get it sighted in at 50, I'll go for 100 yards.
>>
>>34577635
Try dialing back the scope. Shooting at hogh magnification is more difficult than low magnification more often than not
>>
>>34576869
Probably less autistic but i can appreciate the insight into why everyone hates the m9
>>
>>34577667
He's mocking people that do that retarded shit on tge range, learn to read sarcasm.

>>34576601
I put clay pigeons on the berm at 60yds and shoot them with my USP and model 65.

Someone with a kimber always makes a "looks bad in court if blah blah fuddlore shouldn't shoot that far with a pistol" then prints massive groups at 7yds
>>
>>34576869
I don't think it's autism to want to be better at something and do what you can to practice and improve. Mastering one thing, no matter how dumb, can give you useful insights and skills when you're doing other things that you never even considered.

Good practice is never wasted.
>>
>>34576601
I dry fire almost every day. I haven't been to the range in a while though, and won't be able to make it a regular thing for a couple months at least. I've only been shooting for about six months, but I'm still pretty bad. Might help though if I used a full size handgun instead of a subcompact
>>
>>34576601
Twice weekly, we set up 2 or 3 gun running courses on my property. We vary the handguns from about anything you can think of.. We have all of the 9mm Glocks, a 357, 10mm, 38's, 45's.. From revolvers, to DA pistols to striker fired. Rifles, we MOSTLY use AR's We have both piston and DI AR's. But, we also use an MP5, SCAR 17, AK-47's.. If we're feeling really froggy, we have even ran it with a BAR.

Targets are always in different spots, heights and types.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.