[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be the perfect /k/ tier game? Post what makes/breaks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

File: m3_gg1.jpg (17KB, 600x344px) Image search: [Google]
m3_gg1.jpg
17KB, 600x344px
What would be the perfect /k/ tier game? Post what makes/breaks it for you.

>no ammo counter, have to manually check magazine a la Red Orchestra 2
>"standard" guns to please the fudds and milsurp fags, M1 Garand, M1911A1 etc
>esoteric meme rifles to please the weirdest of us, Pedersen Rifle, Bira Gun etc.
>full autismo field stripping and disassembly
>enemy damage that ACTUALLY MAKES FUCKING SENSE, based on projectile type, energy, angle, body impact location
>shotguns that don't have retard-level spread
>full autismo customization with perfectly replicated gear, to please the gear queens
>custom animations for every function, from chambering rounds to disassembly
>jams, squibs, and clearing said jams, wiping dirt and dust out of the action
>custom ammunition reloading, modify powder load, burn rate, bullet type etc
>engraving shit onto the stock
>made by an AAA publisher

Thoughts? Red Orchestra has all of the autism but none of the nice animations and slick graphics of AAA titles. BF1 tried to do esoteric meme rifles, but the game itself sucks and suffers from WE WUZ syndrome. Metro 2033 is awesome in terms of sheer /k/ and /diy/ tier lunacy, but lacks that wide selection of other titles. Can there be a way to blend all of these into the perfect game?
>>
No.
>>
File: 1324243214132.jpg (69KB, 600x410px) Image search: [Google]
1324243214132.jpg
69KB, 600x410px
>>34574491
70's cold war gone hot scenario, complete with a lot more obscure guns and bizarre attachments.

Add in a few maps called "burnpits" that was basically nuked out cities where your character has to wear a hazmat suit that limits vision, has the sky blacked out with constant ash fall so everything is almost pitch black, and have it so taking a single shot sets up a short timer before you die of radiation poisoning (if you survive the shot of course)
>>
>>34574491
There was this one game on Steam, where it was about U.S. and Russian forces fighting in the Desert.

When you first spawned in you had to chamber a round in your gun, set the bolt, click the safety and even manually align both of your sights

There was also an emphasis on drinking water, but I don't think the game ever picked up any speed because it was just too niche/complicated, I think BluDrake42 did a video on it but I can't figure out what it was named
>>
>>34574591
Found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r1TIOH28uY

D.U.S.T.

Dev's never finished it
>>
>>34574491

>jams, squibs, and clearing said jams, wiping dirt and dust out of the action

>Middle of clearing a room, sudden FTF
>Enter MGS5 slow-motion mode
>Buttons reassigned to allow for clearing the firearm
>Optional mode to use PS4 mouse to wipe dirt/grime with finger
>Trying to Tap Rack Bang when accidentally enter dirt-wiping mode
>Frantically try to wipe gun to exit dirt-wiping mode
>Frantic wiping results in realism simulator RNG kicking in
>Shot by 3 remaining terrorists while finger is stuck in magwell

Realism is capped by the hardware that a player can use to manipulate the software. Until you get full VR with some form of electronic 'airsoft' NES "Zapper"/beam gun, you're not going to get what you want.
>>
File: Space _Shuttle_Door_Gunner.jpg (441KB, 3840x1634px) Image search: [Google]
Space _Shuttle_Door_Gunner.jpg
441KB, 3840x1634px
>ITT: everyone fawns over a clickity clacky simulator where you get to move all the parts of a gun

Just play with your actual guns you retards. Video games are meant to do what you can't do in real life, but then again I guess there's no bounds to the autism of this board.

>>34574491
>3PS (Fourth wall breaking FPS players BTFO)
>Outfit modifiable down to skivvies
>Good gun customization, skins, optics, grips, stocks
>Decent firearm handling, not required to be autistic-tier, but a cut above Hollywood-tier.
>A clean, out of the way HUD. (See The Division)
>Open world
>Sandbox Objective (multiple ways to do one mission, stealth, loud, etc.)
>Run/walk toggle is a requirement
>Non retarded AI, particularly team AI.
>Ability to call in things like air support or troop drops
>Ability to call in/use (some) vehicles
>Ability to choose factions
>A range of enemy strongholds (I.E. every mission isn't just dungeon diving and fighting a boss at the end of a cave.)
>Abundance of enterable buildings.

>>34574617
wew lad, at that point I'd rather just fondle my own guns/clear my house again and again. Hard to believe anyone got any entertainment from something like that past 5 minutes.
>>
>>34574561
That legit sounds awesome
>>
>>34574491
>Open world ass game set in American East coast.
>President goes full tyrant/red Dawn and it's you and your friends job to liberate America from whatever you want in familiar neighborhoods and city districts and innawoods shit.
>Full weapon customization (obviously)
>Forza style customization from arcade to full on sim
Doesn't arma kind of already do most of this shit?
>>
>not just getting a bunch of your fellow autismos together in the woods to play irl deathmatch
Sure you might die, but that's the price you pay for true realism.
>>
>>34574491

something like hitman: blood money's weapon customization system but you only get one AR receiver and have to swap components to make it fit each mission profile
>>
File: 1500145732630.jpg (112KB, 724x958px) Image search: [Google]
1500145732630.jpg
112KB, 724x958px
Im thinking more like...
>yes to the first thing, its cool in the ro/rs games when i check my mags
>no full autismo shit that will scare even the most masochistic milsim gamers
>jams can be in but be like in fonv but you have to hold the reload button to clear the jam (like in ro/rs to bandage up)
>yes to the amount of guns i want a game thats basically like that scene in matrix and can pick and loadout combo (even some camo/milsurp autism)
>dont make it to fuck all complicated, make it enough to scare off casuals but cool enough to have dedicated fans
>custom animations is cool, get xp level the character to do that john wick brass check

As for the setting i say jungle/urban warfare arena, or dayz style but i dont see that working out people are sick of survival realism games.
>>
>>34574561
Shut up. Take my money.
>>
An FPS adventure game where the in game physics/laws are based on "/k/ truths".

Enjoy that you bitch.
>>
>>34574491

A bunch of ugly men in their 20s and 30s dressed as anime maids shooting those damn normies with milsurp rifles.

Mechanics are ripped from the original Red Orchestra.
>>
>>34575248
You just described ghost recon wild lands
>>
>>34574491
A game where you just go innawoods and fight cultists and spooks. You would start the game off with a Mosin. Could later go into town and shop and take odd jobs and stuff. Could walk into gun stores and sperg out when the fudds call your SKS a Chinese AK.
>>
File: EFT.jpg (153KB, 1908x1074px) Image search: [Google]
EFT.jpg
153KB, 1908x1074px
>>34574491
you know all those things sound nice and all to a person who likes a realistic portrayal of firearms, but in practice the game would probably be incredibly unbalanced, as in the real world guns aren't made to be able to compete with any other gun. Also, realistic damage definitely hampers gameplay, as getting shot just about anywhere is gonna put you down and make it not so fun. Closest thing I can think of is Escape From Tarkov, its gonna go into closed beta sometime this month if yall wanna try and get in.
>>
>>34574561
Theres a standalone mod for Squad being made called Escalation 1985, the premise is literally "Cold War gone hot". They plan on having nukes being a part of the game.
>>
>>34577679
>>34577182
>>34576196
>>34576129
>>34575248
>>34574829
Now that I've read some more of this thread I realise y'all are basically describing escape from tarkov, got check it out
>>
>>34577763
>shitty loot grind with MMO stats that barely functions

no thanks. I already got memed into buying into testing. I want my money back. great gfoundation, but the devs seem to want to make everythign a colossal pain in the ass to ever think about doing, and no reason to risk gear when niggers just run with nothing but a tactical hatchet and you have to pray that you're not lagging out so you can shoot them before they murder you, steal your shit, and then do it again and again.

Just like most slav games, could've been good if it were made by competent westerners. Do not buy into testing. Wait for release and see if it's worth it then.
>>
>>34577826
I get the argument that its broken and all, as it is a closed alpha pretty early in development, and I understand that looter shooters arent for everyone, but I dont know what you mean by MMO stats?
>>
>>34574491
The perfect /k/ game already exists.
It's called Cataclysm: DDA
The learning curve is steep but it has an unbelievable amount of depth to it and they're adding new mods and shit all the time. There's all kinds of guns, you can hand load your own ammo, install all kinds of mods.
>>
>>34577880
>what you mean by MMO stats?
he actually got that wrong, stats are based on your experience like in 7.62 high caliber or the new jaged alliance games, basically the more you do X the more competent you become in X, if you run a lot your character gain point in endurance, if you shoot a lot with your rifle you become more competent with rifles and so on ...
>>
>>34577329
But that game sucked tho
>>
>>34577919
>Get shot a lot
>Suddenly bleed less for some reason

some of the stats make sense, but it's just another layer of artificial difficulty that the game doesn't need.
>>
>>34577989
>but it's just another layer of artificial difficulty that the game doesn't need
maybe you just need to

git

gud

jokes aside, i like the competence earned based on experience, it does act way much better if you want to do certain build for your characters
>>
>>34574561
Would it be a multiplayer FPS or more of a RPG?
>>
>>34574491
As far as fingerfucking your guns goes, Receiver is very good.
>>
>>34574491
My perfect /k/ game isn't a FPS, its turn based.
>>
>>34574491
>Find Ammo
>need to put it in mags before it can be used
It's like instant balance for revolvers and shotguns and rocket launchers without the retarded extra damage they usually get
>>
I am about to try riding storm Vietnam. Anyone tried it ?
>>
File: 1475734082429.png (2MB, 1050x1190px) Image search: [Google]
1475734082429.png
2MB, 1050x1190px
>>34574491
So basically you want Arma with ACE mixed with World of Guns?

>What would be the perfect /k/ tier game?
Idk about others but I'd fucking kill for a Milsim tier space war game. And I don't mean CoaDE, fighting in ships in orbit.

I mean combined arms warfare in space suits on low gravity, no atmosphere worlds where your effective range is your ability to aim not the legs of your rifle or in space habitats where breaching the hull means eventual depressurization.
>>
File: p84izkgbc08z.jpg (68KB, 934x803px) Image search: [Google]
p84izkgbc08z.jpg
68KB, 934x803px
>>34579432
this, Arma III is great. ace lets you go full autism on bullet ballistics and medical. Fixes armor too i think? RHS adds in tons of ak, ar variants with some other stuff thrown in. get a trust Kar or nugget too. semi manual mag checks, can repack half spent mags. and jams too? missing full gun manipulation and field striping.
>>
>>34574491
>shotguns that don't have retard-level spread

This is all you have to do to win me over.
>>
>>34577182
>jams can be in but be like in fonv but you have to hold the reload button to clear the jam (like in ro/rs to bandage up)

Check out Far Cry 2 if you haven't already.
>>
>>34574491
First of all what does /k/ think of world of gun disassembly. It has been the thing making me want to actually get a gun, just to take it apart and put it back together repeatedly.

Also, this is making me think of a game I want:
>Turn based neo-X-com like
>Heavily customizable loadouts, down to number of magazines and loose ammunition.
>Complex and rewarding inventory management,
>Missions give a good idea of what you will need to complete.
>gear needs to be chosen to be able to complete the mission.

I just want to carefully loadout my dudes, then be satisfied when they all come back with exactly 2 unexpended rounds each. Maybe a shadowrun sort of thing, don't really care.
>>
>>34574491
Just one thing I've found to be quite a nifty and useful mod in ARMA 3: magazine restacking.

ARMA has pretty good ammo handling already, as each magazine is separate, so when you reload a half-empty magazine, that's still going to be half-empty when you go to grab it later after using up all your other magazines.

Ammo repacking lets you take bullets out of one mag and put them in another, so for example, if you end up with a whole bunch of STANAG mags with only 5-10 rounds in each, along with a couple that you've only shot a few rounds from before reloading, you can use those mostly empty mags to top up the rest.

This mod also takes into account ammunition types - if you've got a few M1911 mags sitting around in your backpack, you can toss those .45 rounds into the 30 round magazine for your .45 SMG.

Ideally this would also be compatible with, say, having boxes of loose ammo that you can top up with as well.

I'd love to see this feature (and ARMA's magazine system in general) included in pretty much any RPG or open world shooter, just for realism's sake.
>>
>>34574491
>What would be the perfect /k/ tier game?

It already exists, it's called Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13
>>
>>34574491
i think STALKER Tears of Fukashima is one of the most /k/ ideas ever i could get behind.
verticality dense urban areas covered in radiation and anomalies. secret underwater bases.
>>
>>34581837
>STALKER Tears of Fukashima
Yes please, I wonder if some crazy autist japs can be convinced to do a similar thing, and have all sorts of strange south east asian firearms and the like in the zone.
>>
>>34580463
2 had a great story. I thought it was a little silly how everyone in the entire world outside of your safe house was hostile as soon as they saw you. Literally no friendlies. If like 2 to be remade with a 3 engine. FC3 was golden to me.
>>
I used to love Battlefield 4 on hardcore mode. If there were jams, mutilated limbs, knock back, gore, and a compass it would have been the best game it could have been. Also no auto aim, spawn beacons, and other unrealistic quirks.
>>
File: Zergface.png (88KB, 215x235px) Image search: [Google]
Zergface.png
88KB, 215x235px
>>34577247
kOMMANDOS

Its freaks in fursuits, anime costumes and historic uniforms fighting terrorists.

There is also an option to rape the local wildlife, other players and terrorists.
>>
>>34577679
>realistic damage definitely hampers gameplay, as getting shot just about anywhere is gonna put you down and make it not so fun.
That is not true. There are several games with a high probability of first shot casualty like Day of Defeat, Arma, Raven Shield and Red Orchestra that are plenty enjoyable.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.