[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the least brainlet trade in the military?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: fa5.png (553KB, 755x883px) Image search: [Google]
fa5.png
553KB, 755x883px
What is the least brainlet trade in the military?
>>
File: 1498692211175.jpg (576KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498692211175.jpg
576KB, 1280x720px
From my experience, there's going to be brainlets wherever you go and at any rank.
I don't know how it works in America, but the best you can do is try and get in as an officer in a position that requires an engineering degree of some sort.
>>
Trauma surgeon
>>
Only brainlets with no marketable skills go military, so they can live as welfare queens on government money yet still pretend to be fiscal conservatives
>>
The correct answer is Navy Nuke.
>>
Is Nondestructive Testing a brainlet trade? It's the best paying job in the Canakek Forces
>>
Deserters
>>
>>34573803
Seems interesting desu, as an F&DT engineer, it's one of the few areas where we have to work closely with technicians, since only they really know what crack length is inspectable at a particular detail, and any decrease in inspectable crack length makes my job exponentially easier
>>
>>34573802
I didn't know the Navy recruited on /sci/
>>
radio. i don't know if it's least brainlet but it's cool as hell
>>
NSA

they hire autists who just do useless number theory all day

https://www.nsa.gov/news-features/declassified-documents/tech-journals/assets/files/a-binary-system.pdf
>>
>>34573798
Space Corps
>>
does intellegence agencies count?

if so, the NSA or CIA's cyber division and SAD/PAG
>>
>>34573798
Nuclear propulsion, sub force, navy.

They accept the top 2% only
>>
Probably, >>34573811.
But >>34573800 is easily the most respectable imo. Imagine the worst life/death ER experiences except it's the norm of your job.
>>
File: rgerfre.jpg (161KB, 780x520px) Image search: [Google]
rgerfre.jpg
161KB, 780x520px
>>34573811 >>34573812 >>34573802

Nuclear Engineering is the least Brainlet. Since they have to know a lot of Physics.

It's Very Important since Nuclear Submarines are the Deadliest type of Weapon followed by Nukes, ICBM Missiles, Aircraft carriers & Stealth Aircrafts.

>>34573800

Surgeon is the most Respectable. It pays more . Very useful for the Army.

But Medical Doctors suck at Math they are so they are less smart.

It's also more stressful because life or death situations.
>>
File: p00v2b0b.jpg (30KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
p00v2b0b.jpg
30KB, 624x351px
Sigint
>>
File: 6126130_orig.jpg (50KB, 580x386px) Image search: [Google]
6126130_orig.jpg
50KB, 580x386px
>>34573802
>t. Navy Nuke

>>34573800
>t. Surgeon

>>34573814
>t. Mathematician/Computer Scientist

The Theoretical Physicists

as J. Robert Oppenheimer
>t. father of the atomic bomb
>>
>>34573798

Outside of >>34573802 and >>34573813 I would assume that logistics officers or statisticians. Think Robert McNamara, or the German tank problem.
>>
>>34573801
Meow.
>>
>>34573802
>>34573811
This would be correct but you're forgetting direct commissioned doctors.
>>
File: 220px-Joseph_rochefort.jpg (16KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Joseph_rochefort.jpg
16KB, 220x293px
>>34573814
correct answer
>>
scored 99 on ASVAB they gave me these three options:

Navy nuclear : these are nuclear reactor operators / maintenance guys. there are mechanics, electricians (i.e. power dist., generators, motors), and digital circuit technicians. Mechanics have two sub-specialties : underwater welder, and chemistry/lab tech.

CTx : Cryptologic fields. there are collection, technical, interpretive, networks, maintenance.

AE/CF : Advanced Electronics / Computer field. these are electronics technicians and fire control (as in firing of the ship's weapons).

-

All of them require relatively long schooling periods compared to most navy jobs. Some of the CTx actually have to take foreign language classes. The programs with really long schools (Nuke, for example, is ~1.5 years of training before you even get to your first ship) require 2-year contract extensions right from the start.

You don't get to choose your sub specialty : just your main rate. I did nuke, by the way, and was assigned the electrician rate.
>>
>>34573820
lest i presented the wrong idea, let me assure you, everyone (particularly enlisted) in the navy is a brainlet until proven otherwise, even in the "top" programs.

i can tell you navy nuke was full of fucking brainlets and i can't imagine the other programs are really much different. the navy understands this, so there's an insane amount of oversight, verification, procedures, and documentation, designed to be as foolproof as possible.

aside from the faggots who got kicked out in 2 years or whatever, the biggest brainlets tend to stay in the longest, so there's a higher concentration of them the higher in rank and seniority you look. they are typically quite arrogant and enjoy shitting on everyone they can, just because. yet after just 2 semesters of circuits class in an accredited EE program you will know more about troubleshooting than 97% of navy enlisted "electricians"
>>
vanguard of heaven
>>
>>34573798
Supply clerk.

you get the pretty much the same benefits and pay as every other enlisted stiff at your paygrade but not every job has the same demands. Nukes and other "high tech" jobs are huge time sinks and are limited to shitty platforms. go in as a supply clerk and have the freedom to go to any exotic (read: not the fucking desert or a submarine) duty station you want, never worry about getting crushed by machinery or sucked into a jet engine, be off by 1300 every friday, and not have to get called in at 0400 to do some bullshit PM. The military is a stepping stone. use it as such.
>>
>>34573808
>>34573810
No, they don't count, you fucking retards.
>>
File: Edward_Snowden-2.jpg (211KB, 576x694px) Image search: [Google]
Edward_Snowden-2.jpg
211KB, 576x694px
>>34573810 >>34573824
If Intelligence agencies as NSA or CIA counted then their cyber division would be the least brainlet trade.
>>
File: 1395590936369.png (25KB, 482x539px) Image search: [Google]
1395590936369.png
25KB, 482x539px
>>34573823
look at this guy, he seems to really know his stuff
>>
>>34573798
Medic.

Not to say I didn't work with some absolute space cadets though. But generally they were a very smart bunch.
>>
>>34573798
intel analysts are absolutely the least brainlets

also pilots of all kinds
tech staff: AF engineers, radio guys (aa/ew/satcom/orbit tracking) etc
>>
>>34573826
How to military correctly

>Pick a job based off potential workload and duty station availability. Supply Clerk is always good. Plain vanilla mechanic is good if you really want a "trade".

>DONT pick anything that requires extra enlistment. you become insanely valuable after those 4 years no matter what you are doing and to spend even an extra minute in the military is robbing yourself.

>Save your goddamn money. Don't blow it on stupid shit like a slick car or binge drinking. you should easily have 50k$+ in the bank when you get out

>Do at least 1 year (~ 30 semester hours) of college while you are in. The tuition assistance will cover you and you are saving yourself thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of GI bill and getting a head start on your degree.

>The mother fuckin' GI Bill. This is literally why you enlist. its ~230k$ towards getting you a degree. you will get (tax free of course) 1500-2000$ a month for 9 months out of the year for a living stipend, all tuition paid, 1k for books, and here's the best part, you get refunded any and all grants and scholarships because the VA pays the school anyway.

i cleared 40k$ a year with living stipend, summer internships, and scholarship refunds while lazily completing an engineering degree.
>>
>>34573820
Good work, Seaman. But see >>34573818.
>>
>>34573801
Dunno what it's like in amerilard land but in my country the military is hard as fuck to get into and be successful in, highly competitive.
>>
>>34573828
yee, ISR represent
>>
I can't really speak for burgerlanders, but here in Europa all the military positions that require some sort of engineering degree are all occupied by retarded wannabe Chads who couldn't really get admitted in competitive engineering schools because they're only just above average academically, but the military engi schools had physical/sports tests in their admission process that weed out a lot of the competition.

>t. did a year at l'École Royale Militaire in Belgium.

I know a lot of people who are or were in the army though (why I wanted to join that school in the first place), and the most intelligent and non-pretentious of them all seem to be pilots. I met a transport heli pilot who has a degree in Physics, is a musical virtuose, and was pursuing a MechEng masters when he just said fuckit because he liked helicopters.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.