[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important is size?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 6l88v6x.jpg (2MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
6l88v6x.jpg
2MB, 5184x3456px
Is my fear of buying anything bigger than a single stack 9mm like a glock 42 or p938 and not being able to CCW it, dare I say, irrational? Pls assure me that I won't have to limit my options

What is probably the biggest gun that you'd suggest to someone of small-mediumish stature? So I can work down from there. Is size even that big of an issue when picking out a CCW? Because that's my only criteria as of now. that and 9mm. What's the consensus on subcompact pistols as home defense guns? Do you guys have more than one pistol, for different applications and whatnot?

Asking all these autistic questions because I only know rifles and need to get in the pistol game.
>>
>>34570718
shot placement > caliber
seriously. Carry what you're most accurate with, that's all it boils down to. When you see some faggot gun down a bunch of innocent people with a .22 and then see an officer get shot multiple times with a .45 and survive.. I think shot placement > caliber
>>
Realistically, if we are going by statistics, a subcompact 9mm is plenty for a self defense situation. A double stack subcompact doesn't add significant bulk compared to a single stack, at least not to the point where you won't be able to CC comfortably.
Don't worry so much about printing - chances are nobody but you even notices it and if anyone does, they won't say anything.
Get a Glock, M&P, CZ, Kahr, whatever floats your boat man. Just go to a gun store and see which one fits your hand best.
>>
A good holster and belt goes a long way but generally anything much larger than a Glock 19 is going to get left at home more often than not.

For an HD gun you should use something that can mount a light but anything is better than nothing.
>>
To answer your last question, you don't really need a separate gun for CC and home defense, but I personally prefer a full size or longslide for home defense with a larger, high lumen light like an X300. A longer sight radius and more weight for faster follow-up shots never hurts. For CC, I prefer something light and small, like an Inforce APL. I would highly recommend getting a holster with a particular flashlight in mind, as you are better off carrying one.
>>
>>34570755
I've already decided on 9mm
>>34570771
I'm leaning towards either P938 or P320, going to shoot them both tomorrow. My gun range also lets me rent whatever for cheap ($10 for first gun, $5 for subsequent) so I'm gonna try out a compact 9mm springfield 1911
>>34570779
Considering something that gives me... the footsteps of a navy seal... convince me it's shit and I'm a stupid ass please
>>
File: 1453255220942.webm (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1453255220942.webm
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>34570827
forgot vid
>>34570806
thx
>>
Have you actually tried holsters and guns in your every clothing? I work at a gun store, and I tell people to not just judge guns based on the smallest that the can fit into their butt crack, but rather the largest they can hold comfortably and can still can get decently concealment based on what they wear. I try to get people to try on the holster in store, but that only really works with popular guns, since we don't carry holster for uncommon guns, aside from the shitty universals that are shit for concealment.

A lot of people can actually conceal a glock 19 pretty decently, they're just so into the "muh deep conceal" that they only want small ass single stack 380s or 9 that they don't know how to shoot properly. I showed a dude a few small 380s today and he could hardly grip them properly becuase of his huge hands. Had to at least talk him into a g 42.
>>
File: 1500231589560.jpg (134KB, 603x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1500231589560.jpg
134KB, 603x1024px
>>34570718
Don't be distracted by the constant "manlet shaming" on this board. Those are mostly insecure manlets themselves trying to stave off their suicidal thoughts and they really shouldn't be given (You)'s.

Your height has less to do with how well you can conceal a gun as the size (and shape) of build does. A very thin female who is 5'4", has narrow shoulders and a pronounced curve to her waist is going to have a lot more trouble concealing a gun of a given size on her hip than a 5'4" man who is built up somewhat beyond his skeletal structure. The main thing that matters is the drape of your shirt. If the outside circumference of your shoulders and/or chest are wider than your waist (most likely it is), then you'll be able to conceal most guns.
>>
>>34570862
Just curious, but do gun stores ever let people shove a gun into their waistband to try out?
>>
>>34570872
>as the size (and shape) of build
*as the size (and shape) of YOUR build
>>
>>34570885
Yes. Usually if you tell them you want to try out a holster or two, a salesperson will put one of their(unloaded) guns in a holster and show you how to conceal. I went into my LGS and was surprised at how in-depth they explained things, and how trusting they were with the guns, even if they kept a very close eye on me the whole time.
>>
>>34570885
at my store yes, so long as the customer has shown competence in handling firearms and are within tackling distance in case they decide to get funny.

There are a lot of employees at my store though, so not a whole of of people get funny thoughts when they are handling our guns
>>
File: LMS.jpg (2MB, 2391x4250px) Image search: [Google]
LMS.jpg
2MB, 2391x4250px
>>34570718
go to the fun store and put a couple pistols in your waistband. they will let you do it, its not uncommon and see what you think feels too big. IMO a g43 or a P938 is a pocket sized gun but the one i carry the most.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.