[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nerd out with /k/nowledge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: AKM prz.jpg (208KB, 2000x731px) Image search: [Google]
AKM prz.jpg
208KB, 2000x731px
Just a place to share knowledge with each other. Things you think are cool that we might not all know. Let your autism show and keep the opinions out of it please.
>>
>>34569982
Everyone look up Sectional Density right now.
Look up hydrostatic shock.
Never make claims based on Taylor Knockout Factor.
Bleeding is the number one cause of death from gunshots. More holes and big holes are always better than "kinetic energy delivered to target meme". In the front, out the back.
There were no homicidal gas chambers.
>>
Fun fact: if you post on this board there's a 99% chance that you're a single virgin
>>
>>34570101
Quit projecting faggot. Sure some people on 4chan fit that stereotype, but there are plenty of average people in the community. If you stopped being a dickwad whenever you are online then there would be 1 less faggot posting. Now stfu and lurk or get out.

Always enjoyed watching this two-parter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5K6YymPe_M
>>
>>34570072
"Dead eventually" is not "Stopped right now."
>>
Bumpaccino
>>
>>34570101

one of us one of us
>>
>>34570072
>There were no homicidal gas chambers.
duh, they were genocidal
>>
Carpet eats light more than other surfaces like ceramic tiling, drywall, etc.
>>
>>34569982
Contrary to popular belief, the T-72s tendency to brew up is not because of the autoloader magazine, but because of the extra ammunition storage spread around the vehicle.

Middle-Eastern tankers have a tendency to overcompensate and stuff extra ammunition wherever they can in the fighting compartment.
The T-72's magazine is still vulnerable, but not quite as vulnerable as people tend to believe (and certainly less vulnerable than other MBTs of its era). If you look at a cross-section of it, you'll see that the magazine sits very low on the vehicle.
It even has an armored "lid" to prevent hot fragments from falling onto the carousel from above.

When Syrian tankers began going into combat without extra rounds stored around the fighting compartment, they experienced far fewer casualties.
>>
>>34569982
>tfw that pic omits the fact that there is in fact only a single rifle that can be correctly called "AK-47"
muh AK
>>
>>34570101
I think a mans virginity resets if he hasn't had sex in three months, so i'm one of you guys
>>
>>34573680
>as an American you will never hold an AK-47 in your hands but an Iraqi dirt farmer probably has 2
>>
>>34573762
Nah dude, they probably all have AKM.

And in case you aren't just memeing, I doubt Iraquis walk around with Mikhail's trial rifles.
>>
>>34573774
Type I AKs (AK-47) have been found in the ME including Iraq.

This commonly seen picture was taken in Afghanistan, for instance.
>>
File: wmtype-1-ak-eod-005-(1).jpg (492KB, 2545x1027px) Image search: [Google]
wmtype-1-ak-eod-005-(1).jpg
492KB, 2545x1027px
>>34573853
Of course I forget the picture.
>>
>>34573853
You don't seem to get this anon.
The official designation for the Type I is just "AK" and "AK-47" is the single trial rifle that was used to select the incumbent small arm to replace the SKS and PPSH.
That's what triggers my autism.
>>
>>34573860
damn that looks cool as fuck.
>>
>>34573774
What're you spitting?

We ran into Type 1's (and destroyed a fuck load of them) all the time during my deployments.
>>
>>34569982
Sam Colt did not invent revolver nor did he invent percussion revolver.

He's inspiration wasn't wheel of a steamboat but most likely Collier revolver that he encountered while traveling to India.

He did however created single action.
>>
>>34573899
Well the more you know. Thought the stamped versions would be much more common as exports, but the soviets did produce and surplus a fuckload of the damn things.
>>
File: p0001.jpg (91KB, 535x800px) Image search: [Google]
p0001.jpg
91KB, 535x800px
>>34573872
No, you don't seem to get it. The Type I AK was adopted by the military as the AK-47. Here's a field manual from 1949.
>>
>>34573913
Type Is are stamped. I'd recommend you do some reading.
>>
>>34571734
Whoa, thanks man
>>
>>34571703
With wooden doors? Yeah right
>>
File: WebleyBBD.jpg (94KB, 777x527px) Image search: [Google]
WebleyBBD.jpg
94KB, 777x527px
Original Nagant revolver was made in 1978 and was fairly modern for it's time. They were popular with police and customs of the era , but also were adopted by few smaller countries.

Mechanically they are pretty much Russian 1895 minus gas seal.

Pic. related is Bulldog revolver, fairly popular 19th century patern of civilan revolver (originally British). It is often mistaken for Nagant because of it stores ejector in cylinder axis (as Nagant does) but unlike Nagant ejector is mounted to the frame as opposed to collar on the barrel.
>>
>>34573738
Oh come on, i'm a troll that never had a gf yet is still get a quickie at least once a week. How poor could you be to not afford a methhead?
>>
File: mg3 photoshoot.jpg (51KB, 700x480px) Image search: [Google]
mg3 photoshoot.jpg
51KB, 700x480px
The German MG3 operation manual states that after 150 shots fired in quick succession, one must exchange the barrel for a cold one.

A cold barrel is defined by the fact that one can grasp and hold onto it with your bare hand for at least 10 seconds.
>>
>>34574073
I've fucked 7 girls in my life, so it's a pride thing. I don't think i could get off knowing the girl isn't really into me. If i ever get desperate enough i'll travel to Amsterdam
>>
>>34571734
There are many surfaces (with many angles) for the light to bounce off of, which would lead to some portion of the light fading after bouncing into the carpet many times, much like studio walls with sound
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.