[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trap shooting with left eye dominant.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: meatball sub.png (257KB, 521x292px) Image search: [Google]
meatball sub.png
257KB, 521x292px
Hey guys, I've recently started to get into trap shooting more seriously and I am having a lot of trouble with my vision because I am left eye dominant, but right handed. I've tried using both eyes but I can't hit shit, I can only shoot reasonably well with my left eye closed.

Any tips on how to remedy this problem? I've thought about learning to shoot lefty or maybe there are some vision tricks to get my non-dominant eye to focus on the bead.

I have trouble shooting with my left eye closed because it takes out half my field of view and I suck at winking my left eye and keeping my left eye closed takes away from my focus on the clay.

Should I wear an eye patch or some shit or is this just an issue I will have to learn to live with?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>34568836

Are you shooting with a proper trap gun or comb? I'm cross eye dominant and I have absolutely no problem shooting with my Citori.

Sometimes I find myself half closing my left eye for a moment before I call pull just to get the focus right, but that's as far as I've needed.

Another solution would be to place a small piece of scotch tape on your shooting glasses just on the focal point of your shooting eye so you physically cannot focus on the front dot with your dominant eye. You still have a full field of vision that way as well.

Finally, you don't need a huge field of view if you aim low enough. Stick your bead just below the top lip of the house. It is MUCH easier to chase right behind a clay than deal with finding it below your gun. Granted I've been doing this for 10 years now but I can blow them up as they leave the house now.
>>
Try shooting lefty. I'm cross-dominant and I shoot normally but I've heard shooting lefty really helps some people out.
>>
>>34568836
>that pic
were to get best meatball sub?. Also right hand left eye dominant here, just learn to compensate
>>
>>34568836
It has nothing to do with dominance and everything to do with practice.

I am the same, yet I can blast clay all day.

Keep both eyes open, and feel the shot. It's more of a reaction than a cognitive shot.

Practice practice practice.
>>
>>34568926
Firehouse
>>
>>34568930
Ok, I'll keep up the practice, but I swear I can't even tell if I am looking down the sights if I have both eyes open. I only seem to see from my left eye and only a very faint image from my right eye. One of the guys at my field told me to just keep practicing with both eyes and I shot two rounds and only hit about 7 clays.
>>
>>34568966
be ye wrong and the consequences shall be dire and grand in scope!
>>
>>34568909
That is a great idea, next time I am at the range I'll try the tape thing, I'll also aim lower, everyone I've talked to says to aim about two feet above the house so that is all I've ever done.
>>
>>34568917
Alrighty, I'll give that a shot too. Thanks.
>>
>>34568836
Start training you right eye, won't happen over night. Get a eye patch, pirate ones work well and look cool, practice lining up your sights while dry firing. I did this every day for 20 minutes for a month. But you have to do it every day. Than start doing it without the eye patch.
>>
>>34568926
>>34568966
>>34568982
Capriottis
>>
File: 148287844.jpg (648KB, 1092x740px) Image search: [Google]
148287844.jpg
648KB, 1092x740px
>>34569063
ARRRR! aye aye captn.
>>
>>34568909
And yes it is a proper trap gun. I use an Ithaca Century Trap by SKB.
>>
>>34569096
When my eye doctor told me to do this I thought he was pulling my leg. But he has experience helping shooters shoot better. He explained the muscles in the less dominant eye are weak and need to be trained like any other muscle. Another eye exercise that complements the main exercise is doing eye circles, do them for ten seconds than take a break do a total of 4 sets. Every day. This also has been known to help correct vision. Good luck
>>
>>34568930
I'm cross eye dominant, but thanks to training I no longer care which hand the rifle is in.
>>
>>34568836
Just shoot left handed, you're guiding the gun with your dominant hand anyway, the more you do the faster and smoother your trigger pull will be.
>>
>>34568836
>sub no longer sells meatball subs
What a loss that was.
>>
>>34569407
>eye gainz
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.