[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apache Pilot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1493.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1493.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I fly the AH-64D, I should be studying but I'm bored. If you have any questions about the Apache or army aviation in general I'd be glad to answer. I have experience inside and outside the cockpit.
>>
Splatter any ragheads?
>>
How many sandniggers have you turned into dogfood?

Does it piss you off that Obama loved sending MANPADs to the middle east?

What's the worst in flight emergency you've had?
>>
>>34568345

Can the Apache adequately fill the CAS role once the A-10 is retired?
>>
>>34568360
>>34568373
Spot the ledditors
>>
Tell me what the gunner's experience is like.
>>
>>34568345
do you sexually identify as your attack helicopter ?
>>
I am in the Army National Guard as an 11B (yeah I know). What is the best way from there, to army aviation? I want to fly a Black Hawk more than much else.
>>
>>34568345
what happens if you gotta take a shit inflight? can you just set it down and drop a deuce?
>>
>>34568360
No, I'm pretty green and havent deployed yet.
>>34568373
1.None.
2.I guess but I've only heard of a few people actually being targeted with manpads more worried about dsshks.
3. I had the flight computer make the the helicopter spin 100 degrees around while in terrain flight going around 20 knots, it was very uncomfortable
>>34568382
probably, we mainly conduct CCA (close combat attack) it differs from CAS because from my understanding in the CAS role we take all directions from the JTAC and we're alot more restricted, while CCA is what makes up most of the youtube videos you see.
>>
>>34568345
if I drop a packet for WOFT with only a high school degree, being an Eagle Scout, and a 300 APFT score should I be able to get in?
>>
>>34568345
Does the gun following your eyesight brother you at all?
I would be worried about threatening someone I meant to glance at
>>
>>34568403
gunners are mainly just using the targeting system in the front seat (TEDAC) looking for targets, lazing targets, engaging.
>>34568406
yes
>>34568430
best bet to fly blackhawks would be talking to your NG warrant officer recruiter. since thats the most common NG aircraft. or just apply to be active WO, look up usarec/warrant.
>>34568433
I know of one guy who shit in a gatorade bottle, I guess if you really had to you could.
>>
>>34568345
Does the flight plan you listed with your agency contain you, your men, but only one of me? Cuz I'll talk if I get to stay on your aircraft.
>>
PLEASE PLEASE Don't be a dick to your enlisted support.
Do E model apaches have good enough performance to keep up with UH-60's CH-47's in Afghantistan?
>>
>>34568465
the army NEEDS pilots right now, if you're halfway competent you have a good chance getting picked up. army wide we're at 50% strength for apache pilots. just study the stupid flight test. and dont have any DUIs.
>>34568468
it only follows your eye when you have the weapon actioned (using a button in the cockpit)
>>
How far away do you think you could accurately get a headshot on someone with the cannon?
>>
>>34568519
yes E models are faster than the UH-60
also I was a former crewchief so I know what its like on the other side.
>>
how do you guys train to fly against contested airspace? It seems like between AAA, SAM networks, fighter jets, and random MANPADS, actually flying in kind of conventional warfare seems pretty precarious.
>>
>>34568600
the cannon isn't designed to be a point weapon system (tac driver) its meant to disperse rounds in like a 5m area, each round is explosive.
>>
>>34568452
hows the support avaition brigade plus you a warrant or an O. headed to a truck platoon as part of a comabt avaition support briagde I will be thier PL
>>
What is it like to fly compared to general aviation helicopters or things like md-500s?
>>
did Kiowa guys all just become Apache pilots when they were retired? I miss that cutey pie :(
>>
>>34568607
the airforce is supposed to deal with that, really the only thing you can do for all that scary stuff is fly very low and try to get close to shoot it.
>>
>>34568345
Are you trained to take out other helicopters? If so how do you think you'd fare against a couple hinds?
>>
>>34568622
they just do the heavy maintenance. its a larger aviation unit than an ARB or CAV Regt.
>>34568625
I was trained on the TH-67 (bell 206B3) the Apache is honestly easier to fly, the flight systems help you out alot with wind correction, etc. granted with being more complicated more can go wrong with electronics and its much slower to start up and do all your operation checks.
>>34568629
some did, some got a firm handshake and kicked out.
>>
>>34568345
Any interest in flying EMS helicopters or fire fighting helicopters when you get out? I heard fire pilots can make a shit ton during fire seasons
>>
How many flight hours do you get?
>>
>>34568345

*blocks your path*
>>
>>34568674
In a hurry, how quickly could you get in the helicopter and in the air?
>>
>>34568680
depends if you're stateside or deployed. stateside you'll fly maybe once or twice a week, deployed everyday.
>>34568656
not really, I think we'd be able to hit a hind before it could hit us.
>>
>>34568703
like 5 minutes.
>>
Have you read chickenhawk
>it's good
>>
What do you do when you're on a mission and need to take a shit or piss?
>>
>>34568345
No you don't
>>
>>34568345

Do you think that the V-280 has potential?
>>
What sort of weapons do you carry in case you are downed? Also did you go through SERE training, if so what was it like?
>>
>>34568777
You piss in a bottle or land and poop. Or poop your pants
>>
>>34568531
>the army NEEDS pilots right now, if you're halfway competent you have a good chance getting picked up. army wide we're at 50% strength for apache pilots. just study the stupid flight test. and dont have any DUIs.
Hmmm...Why shouldn't I do this?
>>
>>34568824
Yeah but I'll probably be long retired by the time the new aircraft are introduced>>34568860
You have an M4 and an M9. Yes I did. It sucked
>>
>>34569006
>Yes I did. It sucked
Do you have permanent injuries?
>>
>>34569044
No. But it was def the worst experience of my life to date. I can talk about the survival portions, the cadre told us.
>>
>>34568531
>the army NEEDS pilots right now, if you're halfway competent you have a good chance getting picked up. army wide we're at 50% strength for apache pilots. just study the stupid flight test. and dont have any DUIs.

tfw you're 31 and finally exiting medicine for aviation, but are too old for any of the military pilot roles and have to go the civilian route for training.

Oh well, at least it's cheaper than medical school...
>>
>>34569069
I'm just curious how torturey the torture portions are. Mostly whether or not they leave permanent injury or how bad the temporary injury is.
>>
>>34569084
Imagine being a pledge in a frat in like the 80s. That's all I'll say.
>>
>>34569082
The army might take you. If you're hot shit you might be right at the end of not needing a waiver. Or you can apply for an age waiver
>>
>>34569082
realizing you can't stand working in healthcare after graduating fucking sucks don't it.
>>
>>34569069
so did they use any "enhanced interrogation" techniques on you?
>>
>>34568678
Medfag here. EMS pilots are where it's at. Every pilot I know who does it loves it, since you still get to land in interesting/unconventional LZ's and see interesting shit compared to flying to rigs in the gulf or flying the news chopper, and the work is way more steady than the fire pilots are.

Just don't hook yourself up to a for-profit flight service. Fly for a non-profit HEMS service that's a loss leader for some wealthy academic teaching hospital's regional trauma service where there isn't the constant financial pressure to turn rotors that you can have in the for-profit world, so if you don't like how the weather radar looks, administration won't give you shit for letting $25,000 runs get away while you let the meteorological ugliness pass through.
>>
>>34569120
Okay I can't help myself but give you a tad more https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aasdAIhGOv8

Listen to this for 12 hours.

>>34569084
>>
>>34569095
Ok, so what's stopping me from flying these bastards?
>>
>>34569082
Why not look into being a flight medic or nurse?
>>
>>34569127
I kind of dig this.
>>
how long does it take from when you join the military to be able to actually get to the pionpt where you are flying? also what are the minimum enlistment year requirements for rotary? i know for jet fighters its long, like 6 years
>>
>>34568531
>he army NEEDS pilots right now, if you're halfway competent you have a good chance getting picked up. army wide we're at 50% strength for apache pilots. just study the stupid flight test. and dont have any DUIs
whats the age limit? is 31 too old?
>>
>>34569155
About 8 months for street to seat WOFT. 6 years from completion of flight school
>>
How many passengers do you think you could transport on an Apache
>>
>>34569165
Usarec/warrant
>>
>>34569165
google says age limit of 33.
>>
>>34569114
I'm a critical care paramedic and I've been in EMS since I was 18. Med school was the goal, but I can see the writing on the wall that the entire US healthcare system is poised for a crash that makes 2008 look like a minor market correction, and it's not as if the industry as it is today isn't causing record levels of burnout among providers of all levels. 10 years ago med school was still a solid deal, but there's way too much uncertainty in the industry for spending $250k and 8-10 years in training to be worth it anymore.

I still enjoy the intellectual challenge of a good sick one, but even the adrenaline just isn't there anymore. From everything I've seen, that doesn't change once you have an MD/DO after your name, either.

>>34569145
I've got an aversion to wiping ass, and have huge fundamental, philosophical issues with the entire training and clinical process/mindset involved in the RN path, so nursing school is a "no". Flight medics make fuck all and have none of the OT/schedule flexibility of ground work, since all the services are sitting on stacks of resumes and know they could replace you in a heartbeat.

>>34569105
Fixed wing is where I'm interested. My dream goal is PiC flying heavies for one of the big three. Salary like an anaesthesiologist, hours like an ER doc, you get to see the world while flying something with a 200' wingspan and 400,000 horsepower, and you get free travel on your carrier and all of its codeshare partners. It's an amazing gig if you can stand the nights away from home, and all the turnover in flight crews as the boomers all hit 65 is making it a killer time to get into the airlines. The BS or it isn't any different from private EMS, and I've managed to stay happy/healthy here so far.
>>
>>34569172
2 is easy. You could probably strap more guys on in an extreme emergency
>>
>>34569209
Yeah these last few years it's a good time to be a pilot.
>>
>>34568345

How would you react if you know there was a Tunguska nearby?
>>
>>34569252
Get low. Kill preferably with a RF hellfire (radar) I would assume we have an FCR since it would most likely be a huge symmetric war scenario
>>
>>34569209
ah thought you were a doc who had recently graduated.
Pharmacy school was the worst decision I ever made in my life.
Saving up all the money I can atm for when I get an opportunity to leave it.
>>
>>34569236
Yeah, my pilot friends in the USAF say I have about a 5-7 year window to get my certs and get a passenger job. My goal is my ATP and FO on a regional in the next 24 months, and from there it sounds like guys are getting snapped up by the majors and SW/JetBlue/Alaskan as soon as they hit 3000-4000 hours.
>>
>>34569289
Aren't you making bank.
..?
>>
>>34569309
Not for much longer.
Market is getting fucking flooded and margins in retail are decreasing year over year.
>>
>>34569306
Yeah they are even scooping up helicopter pilots. Unfortunately it's a huge pay cut going to a regional airline, compared to army pay until you work your way back up to a large airline
>>
>>34569182
>>34569178
thanks ive googled too but saw things about waivers needed etc.

i know most of you guys will probably just say "talk to a recruiter idiot they can answer this stuff!" but the thing is i dont really trust recruiters to be impartial since they work on commission and are trying to get you to join no matter what. so they might lie about stuff you ask because they want to sell you on another MOS instead that they will make more money off or need more for quotas
>>
>>34569336
You can call a warrant officer recruiter who is a WO and ask questions. If you talk to the enlisted recruiters just tell them your firm about submitting a flight packet if they lie and say it's not available ask to speak to the commander. Also they don't work on commission they just get bitched at if they aren't getting number s
>>
>>34569289
At least you don't have to deal with patients.

>>34569309
"bank" is relative. Sure, the $90-130k that you can make as a pharmacist is good money, but you're still dogmeat compared to the MD's and CRNA's.

I'd thought of PA school but the idea of spending $150k+ to have a hard salary ceiling of $130k seems utterly retarded to me unless you want a comfy 9-5 that pays well enough, which is probably why so many women are doing it.

Meanwhile an aggressive civil pilot's license/time building path should cost you $50-80k, with the potential salary ceiling of $300k+ if you fly heavies and a median salary of nearly $200k across the majors. It was a no-brainer for me.

>>34569334
Skywest, republic, and a few others are currently starting FO's at $60-65k/year climbing to $100-110k for PiC's. As a measly $21/hr paramedic, that's what I call "the good life".
>>
>>34569331
How fucked are people going into pharmacy school now? I didn't go anywhere near it but my parents wanted me to and a good chunk of my family are.
>>
>>34568345
How many times have you hit the "loud" laser by accident?
>>
>>34569414
Never.
>>
>>34569405
midlevels are in a way better position going forward than docs, if only because you have less debt and your lower salaries mean you're smaller targets for when the REALLY aggressive "cost control" measures start rolling out.
>>
>>34569405
Massively,
It is in part due to people not wanting to leave their home area, but there are so many graduating that they will apply to work as pharmacy technicians.
There are like 15k graduating each year and new schools go up every year also since the board won't say no.
Also considering the low profit we make on our end typically and the way amazon is moving into the market we are probably going to see a huge move to telepharmacy in a couple of years.
>>
>>34569457
God, thats horrific to read.

When the healthcare bubble finally pops, it's going to look like something out of the Operation Crossroads footage...
>>
File: CTNklGUWEAAHAbV.jpg (102KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
CTNklGUWEAAHAbV.jpg
102KB, 600x400px
>>34569123
>Fly for a non-profit HEMS service that's a loss leader for some wealthy academic teaching hospital's regional trauma service
This. I like going by and seeing the different ShandsCair helicopters on my way to class sometimes. Met one of the pilots at a game last year, really chill guy, seems like it would be a really cool gig.
>>
>>34568345
How is army life?

I'm ANG full time enlisted intel and I want to fly choppers. I imagine I would have to go through Army basic before going warrant. What is the aviator pipeline like?

What are the chances of getting the bird you want? I'd like to fly the Blackhawk, but I'd take Kiowa or the Little Bird or the Apache, fuck all the army choppers are sweet.

How hard is it handling airspace, ROZs, deconfliction with other assets while writing 9 lines and plotting grids?
>>
>>34569998
>> you wouldn't have to do basic.
>>
>>34570117
I thought I would. I'm Air Force, our basic doesn't transfer to the army.
>>
Is your helicopter assigned per pilot? Or do you just fly on whichever one is fueled up and available? Wondering because I would think even with tolerances of manufacturing, there is always going to be some differences in handling and flight right? Like a newer helicopter with less wear will probably work better than one with some replaced parts that maybe don't "handle" the same. Like what if you are so used to flying your chopper and know how the stick has a bit more resistance to the left, or the turret rotates at a certain speed or something like that as an example, and then you jump into another chopper and it's totally different, and the pedal is slightly stick on one side, etc etc. You get what I mean? I would think that would drive a pilot nuts, like he would want the same fucking aircraft every time. Do they let you do that?
>>
>>34569749
Essentially it's going to become the new law school.
Only with law school you need a bachelor's to get in and have a wider field of practice so you can still try to fall back on a different career or transition to a different industry with your JD.
Pharmacy school takes about 30% of applicants with just two years prereqs, so if market crashes tough shit.
>>
why a helo instead of the actual shit? did you try to become a pilot of a fighter and failed?
>>
>>34570143
>t. walmart clerk
>>
>>34568345
Can I get some experience inside your cockpit?
>>
File: 1430079119042.jpg (15KB, 217x250px) Image search: [Google]
1430079119042.jpg
15KB, 217x250px
>>34568345
do you guys carry some kind of emergency survival kit?
like in case your shot down or forced to land and need to escape & evade on foot?
what do you carry in your emergency survival kit?
do you have plans/provisions for destroying the onboard weapons tech if downed and in an escape & evade situation and abandoning your aircraft and you need to prevent the enemy from capturing anything from your chopper?
>>
>>34570136
>reads note from doctor order
> "Put 50 blue pills from the drawer with the code 'VGR100' into a plastic container, then print out and place a sticker on it with the computer-saved information for said pill and patient's name
>only give the plastic container of medicine to patient after you run his credit card through register and provides photo identification

can someone explain why you need a $150,000 degree for this job?
>>
>>34570191
because drugs'rrr ba'ad, m'kay?
>>
File: 1497197958104.png (262KB, 446x456px) Image search: [Google]
1497197958104.png
262KB, 446x456px
The Longbow radar seems like such a fantastic piece of technology.

Has the system ever been used in combat as intended?

How the hell can it resolve ground targets?
>>
>>34570191
Retail is pretty simple but there is still the potential to kill people if doctor doesn't realize they are prescribing certain drugs.
Hospital and ambulatory care is where the real brain work gets done but not too many jobs sadly.
>>
>>34570130
Not for flight school. We take from all branches>>34570133
The maintainers and platoon leaders assign aircraft. Yeah different aircraft tend to have differ t quirks but generally it's not radically different, some are a little smoother. The senior guys who help make the flight schedule can pretty much fly their preferred helicopter constantly.>>34570184
You have a survival vest on with water, flares, first aid, you have survival kits in the storage compare to with food. There are protocols for what to do in those type of situations
>>
>>34570239
It has a
Iibrary of radar cross sections and assigns what the object is based on what it matched in the library.
>>
>>34570254
>survival vest on with water, flares, first aid
do you have a PDW like an MP5 or something in that kit??
>>
>>34570287
When deployed you have a mount in your crew station for an M4 and you have a M9 on your vest you fly with
>>
>>34568345
Pall or Purolator manifolds?
>>
>>34570330
Don't understand
>>
>>34568345
Did they cover use of the AIM-92 in training?
>>
>>34570374
No.
>>
>>34568345
Did you get to fly the Apache before they put the new blades on it?

If so, how much of a difference did it make to the noise level?
>>
>>34569209
Can you go into more detail on the healthcare system crashing soon? Specifically why people are burning out and why there's so much uncertainty
>>
>>34570603
I know the E model has different blades than the D model. only flown the D.
>>
I know this sounds like a dumb question but I always wondered, do the helicopters have a key for ignition? Seems like you wouldn't need them because they are probably always under guard, it's not like they get parked and left alone somewhere. But whats to stop random people like the guards from fucking around and taking a joy ride, or stealing it?
>>
>>34571020
they do have a key for the ignition.
>>
>>34571040
Confirmed for flying the helicopter version of a cessna.
>>
>>34571051
i think most helicopters have keys, it doesn't actually start the helicopter, it enables the ignition switch.
>>
>>34571040
Who keeps the key? Where do they store it
>>
>>34568345
What's your IQ? I'm curious what sort of intelligence threshold is required to fly advanced equipment like this. You know, compared to a Cessna or something entry level

Source: Have flown Cessna's
>>
>>34571068
inside the door to the fuel filler cap
>>
>>34571072
I'm pretty stupid. common sense is more important than book smarts. if you can memorize stuff easily your golden because rote memorization is flight school.
>>
>>34571097
Fugggg, I knew I could have been a pilot if I didn't go through a period in adolescence where I had a a few seizures. No way you can avoid that in your medical history.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Serious question though; What's the plan after the military/flying part ends? Pivot into commercial aviation or full time military career? I was wondering how hard going commercial would be considering you fly heli's instead of jets, seems like a more specific discipline that may have less commercial opportunities afterwards. Apparently getting a job flying commercial jets is pretty easy if you've been flying fighter jets in the military. Although, who gives a fuck really, you get to fly Apache's for a living, that in itself is justification enough

Props
>>
>>34571156
I'm gonna sell car insurance or something I guess. or go to syria and fly hinds.. dont know.
>>
File: 1499801398828.jpg (185KB, 1723x877px) Image search: [Google]
1499801398828.jpg
185KB, 1723x877px
>>34568345

Any cool anti-armor stuff you need to learn?

Stuff about modern conflicts and fighting a really advanced enemy with AA weapons and tactics?
>>
>>34571097
oh, i see now why a helo instead of aiming for jets
>>
>>34571328
yeah obviously.
>>
>>34571051
Unlike an airplane, helicopters are not necessarily secure if you don't have a key to open the door. Do to the flight profile helicopters tend to be closer to the ground and have large windows which are a security concern, as well as having a key ensures permissive access.
>>
>>34568345
Does having a BA/BS improve your chances of getting into flight school at all?
>>
Opinion on the British longbow?
Opinion on the Eurocoptor?
Opinion on the mi-26
Is it really true your core doctrine is to just sit on top of a hill and lob missiles at shot/call out thermal contacts ?
>>
>>3456834
What's the most bad ass thing you've ever done in your apache
>>
>>34571172
spray /k/ on your hind if you fly as a haji merc
>>
>>34568393
This, it's impolite to ask someone in the service if they've killed anyone.
>>
>>34572381
Have you killed anyone
>>
What's it like knowing you are in a death trap maintained by people who barely passed highschool?
>>
>>34568430
Whats wrong with ANG 11B? Thinking about doing it myself
>>
>>34570265
late cold war technology from the 80s/90s is so boner-inducing
>>
>>34570251
>Hospital and ambulatory care is where the real brain work gets done but not too many jobs sadly.

Word to that, a good inpatient pharmD is like a fucking mentat when it comes to knowing and anticipating possible drug interactions off of raw understanding of the pharmacokinetics alone...

...Which is why they're probably all going to be replaced by Watson in a decade or two.
>>
>>34569849
The pilots in that field are awesome dudes, and typically make as much as the RN and the medic combined. Even your equipment is pretty nice. Typically it's a lot of EC-135's, EC-145's, and the odd BK-117 or Bo-105. If you're lucky, though, you'll get to fly something sportier like an AW109 or S-76's and Dauphin 2's. I hear some of the bigger JetRanger derivatives are also pretty sporty as far as HEMS birds go.

The Dauphin 2 is still my favorite, by far, just for the Fenestron shriek alone, but there are fewer and of the old ones left in service.
>>
>>34570614
Basically, the US healthcare system is fucked because nobody wants to say "no" to anyone because of the political fallout, since healthcare is such an emotional third rail of a topic.

Medicare patients who haven't paid money into the system in 20+ years (if at all) chugging through six and seven-figure hospital bills in their last months of life because the family can't let go (to them or their social security/pension check)? Obviously, shifting more of them to palliative care should make sense, as the alternative is spending crazy money for shit outcomes, but NO, those are DEATH PANELS, and how dare you suggest that my mother who has a PMH a page long and end-stage dementia should be put on palliative care. I'm going to take you to court! Ditto for pediatrics. We waste billions each year keeping vegged-out kids with zero quality of life alive because nobody wants to tell Mom it's time to let go.

Medicaid patients going to the ER 4+ times a month for stupid shit because calling 911 gets them a fun ride to the ER for some primary care that they needed anyways without having to wait in line like at the community health center, and did I mention it's free? Happens all the time. Suggest that we add a modest co-pays for Medicaid patients to dissuade them from going to the ER? HOW DARE YOU JUDGE THOSE POOR PEOPLE, DO YOU WANT THE POOR TO DIE BECAUSE THEY'RE WORRIED ABOUT WHETHER THEY CAN AFFORD THE ER CO-PAY??? Forget the fact that every middle class person on a commercial plan has to make the exact. same. risk/reward evaluation when they consider going to the ER and paying their massive CO-PAY/deductible. Ditto for every other time someone has the nerve to suggest extending any other cost control schemes that the middle class already has to live with for the Medicaid population.

These are just a couple examples, and it only gets uglier from there. Ask me about any given aspect of the industry, and I'll tell you how and why it's hopelessly fucked.
>>
>>34573882
Don't forget various companies bilking Medicare/Medicaid by billing for higher level services/equipment than was actually provided.

And how the federal government basically doesn't want you to report them.
>>
>>34568345
my dad was a uh60m pilot
tyfs c h i e f
>>
>>34573957
This especially enrages me. CMS fucks EMS in the reimbursement Dept, considering EMS agencies in the same category as medical equipment suppliers rather than considering them to be careful providers, all ostensibly because of "widespread medicare fraud in commercial EMS". Basically, they don't like private EMS up-triaging wheelchair calls to BLS, BLS to ALS, and so on. It's really pretty tame in the grand scheme of things, but CMS uses it as an excuse to fuck an entire industry, which is why EMS providers are all so underpaid.

Now, a hospital encouraging it's ER physicians and hospitalists to recommend telemetry admissions vs basic overnight instead stays "in the name of patient safety", something that costs CMS on the order of tens of billions annually? Crickets.

All because mom and pop private EMS companies don't have the lobbying bux that the hospitals do, and EMS providers aren't the whiny raging thundercunts that the nurses unions are (to the point that hospitals are now cutting physician staffing to afford their union-mandated nurse staffing levels lest they risk triggering a strike).

And that's all completely ignoring the fact that reimbursement levels that are so low they lead to EMS agencies and post-acute care providers constantly skirting bankruptcy while they chronically underpay their employees to stay afloat financially are still so fucking high im absolute terms that only the top 5-10% could actually afford to pay for them out of pocket on any sort of regular basis.
>>
>>34568777
>not having your bowels on a schedule
>>
>>34573714
MFW I got to pick up my grampa's meds, and the pharmacist asks me if I know what the doctor was thinking, because "these two together will make him bleed out of everywhere."

Another time an old guy friend of mine was having debilitating diarrhea and his doctor couldn't figure it out. I told him to take all his meds to his pharmacy the next time he had a pickup. The pharmacist started going through the bag: "this softens stool, this softens stool, this softens stool, this gives you diarrhea, this gives you diarrhea, this gives you diarrhea." Basically, out of the 10 or so meds he was on, 6 of them each on their own would make him go more than usual. All together, they turned him into an infant being fed on a steady diet of prune juice and giardia.

Docs are such retards. I'm glad I'm not in the medical industry any more.
>>
File: 1499387834629.gif (901KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1499387834629.gif
901KB, 500x281px
>>34568531
I'm a 25 year-old enlisted guy. My GT score is 131 and I wanna fly. Should I finish my degree before dropping a packet?
>>
>>34568345
how big is the difference between a 64 bit helicopter and a 32 bit one?
>>
>>34573957
It's not just Medicare/Medicaid, basically once they find out that you have insurance, you'll suddenly end up being billed for an expiring unit of blood when all you came in for was a broken arm.

Another issue is lawyers. Docs pay stooopid amounts for malpractice insurance. It's not just them, every aspect of the industry is cloaked in endless layers of lawyers and insurance to protect them from lawsuits. This drives up costs for everybody.
>>
>>34573141
I used to work on the apache as a crew chief prior to being a pilot. I have full trust in the aircraft and it is a very survivable helicopter, >>34571588
we had a few british instructors in like an exchange program, they're flight school is much longer. all I know is they are straight up buying the E model from boeing. No opinion on the eurocopter, no opinion on the mi-26. that was the original intent was to have a designator aircraft and have the apache loaded with 16 hellfires just attacking russian tanks. obv that has changed with time.
>>
>>34575677
drop a packet. continue to work on the degree. if you dont get picked up but see you have more credit hours on your second look (each packet gets 2 board looks) they supposively like that.
>>
File: 1499041303475m.jpg (154KB, 761x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499041303475m.jpg
154KB, 761x1024px
>>34575894
I will unironically do this. I don't even care if you're pulling that info out your ass, it sounds true
>>
>>34575915
yeah as your resume changes you can email the updates to the warrant officer team that gets the packets ready for the selection board. like I finished air assault and got more credit hours between my 1 and 2nd look and I got selected. so take that for what its worth.
>>
How would I go about becoming an Apache gunner? Hell even a door gunner on a black hawk or something.
>>
>>34575958
all apache pilots are gunners. you can go between the two seat interchangeably and fly in both, the front seat is better suited for engagements though. to be a black hawk crew chief, enlist as a 15T and if you eventually get to a line company you may become one.
>>
>>34575931
Thanks anon, are you happy with your job?
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.