[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get a CCW license?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: self-defense.jpg (206KB, 1000x789px) Image search: [Google]
self-defense.jpg
206KB, 1000x789px
Hey, /k/. I tried going through the wiki in the sticky, but I couldn't find all the answers to my questions.

I just turned 21 earlier this month, and I've been thinking a lot about concealed carry. I'm not new to guns, so I have some knowledge about them.

How exactly do I go about getting a CCW license? Every search I do on google just gives things about who can and can't get one, legal jargon, things like that. And youtube searches aren't much better, most results are just "top 10 carry pistols," stuff like that.

Is there some kind of guide that goes through step by step the process of getting a ccw license? I remember hearing you have to take some kind of class, but I'm not sure what that's about.

I'd appreciate any advice/tips you can give about this. I know gun laws are different state to state, so for context I live in Kentucky.

I'm not really sure what image to use for this thread.
>>
Concealed carry laws vary state by state, what state are you in?
>>
>>34567415
Kentucky.
>>
>>34567400
>asking the state for permission to exercise a constitutionally protected right
ISHYGDDT
>>
File: USA.png (18KB, 800x421px) Image search: [Google]
USA.png
18KB, 800x421px
>>34567400
I got my Virginia CC at a gun show
'MURICA
>>
>>34567423
I believe kentucky uses the same system at tennessee which is as follows.
theres some fees to be paid, but mostly you just take the class and fill out the paperwork. Ask a gun store about classes. try to find one under $50 if possible but the one i'm going to costs $70
Proof of citizenship and residency
go to wherever it is you go for driver license services, for me its pretty much only the DMV i can go to
give the office you go to for the permit the paperwork you get from completing the class photo ID
you'll get finger printed
and theres also an application the DMV or service place will give you.
Its pretty simple, and most of these questions can be answered by your instructor.
>>
>>34567400
Go to your county's sheriff's department, or call, and ask. They'll tell you the steps you need to take in order to get your license. If it's anything like Missouri's, then what will happen is you find a range near you that offers the course, take it, demonstrate you can operate your firearm, then be awarded an affidavit. Once you have that, you take the affidavit along with proof of citizenship and county residency, and bring that to the sheriff's department of the county you reside in. If everything's in order, they'll start the background check, and will get your fingerprints. Different places have different rates of approval time. The county my buddy got his license took a week to get him approved. I took my stuff into the sheriff's one morning, and got approved that afternoon
>>
>>34567400

http://kentuckystatepolice.org/ccdw/ccdw_faq.html

The answers you seek are here
>>
File: IMG_0596.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0596.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I know your question has already been answered OP, but I just wanted to say fuck yeah I'm getting my CCW next week.
SC here; basically you pay around $50-70 depending on your location to reserve a seat. The day of, they take about 2 hours to go over gun safety and laws, and then you shoot targets for another hour. Pay off duty LEO $5 to take your prints, and you're good to go.
I work in an office so tucked in shirts, can't really ccw at work, but at least I'll have it in my car should a dindu problem arise.
Yes they're fucking gardening gloves fuck you.
>>
Thanks for all the advice, everyone.

Though, one thing is kind of bothering me. Why is the finger print part necessary? I'm not sure why, but it just feels weird to think my finger prints will be on some kind of record like criminals' are.
>>
>>34567400
luckily for you, you dont live in communist MD where it's "may issue". The only way I can get a CCL is if Im some type of gun owner or collector, constantly transporting thousands of dollars worth of guns around from point A to point B.. or if I have a bunch of history of being a target of random violence, which I don't. The state sees me fit to buy and own a pistol, but not carry one.
>>
>>34568827
yeah, I'd have cared more about that if mine weren't already on file. Fucking Army.
>>
I'm in the process of getting my lifetime CC permit. I started the process online (paid $70, filled out some forms) then I set up an appointment for fingerprints, went to the lab and got it done, got another paper, then that form gets dropped off at my city's police department so they can do a background check (and collect another $70) and then when that's all cleared I get my CC permit and card.
>>
Move to a free state, like Missouri, it's not too far from Kentucky, CC and OC without a license at the age of 19.
>>
>>34571843
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the new law doesn't allow for concealed carry without a permit. It basically expands the law so that you can conceal a weapon in your vehicle wherever you go without a permit, with the exception being that if your vehicle is on government property where government business takes place, like police stations, court houses, schools, etc.
>>
Can confirm you are wrong. https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/missouri/
>>
>>34573413
Missouri concealed carry permit are essentially now just for if you want the class, and the option to CC in states that recognizes Missouri's permit. Also I'm sure in court a judge would be more likely to look favorably upon your necessary use of lethal force if you are a permit holder. Missouri is a magical place anon, but if you want our freedom you will have to be a resident.
>>
Not OP but I have a question dealing with this sort of thing if someone doesn't mind helping me out.
I'm 22 now, back when I was 17/18 I had a paraphernalia charge that was literally put on me because of guilty by association bullshit. The charge has a sentence of up to 1 year in the state in from. Because of that fact and that is is a drug related charge, will I be denied getting a firearm or ccw? If I try and fill out the 4473 end and for some reason am denied, will I face some sort of consequences?

Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>34574362
Did you have it exponged/sealed?
Also, don't knowingly lie on a 4473, that is a major felony.
>>
>>34574362
Oh, also, filling out a 4473 truthfully and being denied is not a crime
>>
>>34568827
yup, your fingerprints go on file so if you ever do something bad they *WILL* know exactly where to find you.
>>
>>34567400

>Search "_____ state conceal carry requirements"
>click on state government's or police station's link
>read the clearly laid out requirements
>follow procedure given
>search "_____ county concealed carry class"
>arrange class, CALL THEM
>Ask what youll need for class and what to do after class
>do it

That's it. Normally you'll need 50$ for class, 50 rounds, one automatic pistol, baseball cap, and eye/ear protection. Then go to police station for finger prints, photos, and pay ~$100 for license. Wait several months for it to come in.

You don't need to study anything. They'll teach you everything at the class and tell you what to do next. They will be happy to talk to you, they want your business anon, don't be afraid.
>>
>>34573755
I am a resident. I got my license up in Boone county when I was attending Mizzou
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.