[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we discuss zombie apocalypse weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

File: Lemat.jpg (141KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lemat.jpg
141KB, 600x600px
In honour of the late, great George A Romero, we shall discuss the weapons you'd want in a zombie apocalypse, how you'd use them and how you'd keep them locked and loaded.
>>
File: Medusarevolver2.jpg (157KB, 1000x653px) Image search: [Google]
Medusarevolver2.jpg
157KB, 1000x653px
Medusa and a mossberg 500
>>
>>34567121
Thats the multi-calibre revolver?
>>
File: Medusaammo.jpg (87KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Medusaammo.jpg
87KB, 640x480px
>>34567139

Yeah, obviously performance will suffer on some calibers, but between it and the flexibility of a shotgun you'd be pretty set for scavenging/reloading
>>
Once again. Supershutgun. Only choice.
>>
Normally, MUH ZOMBIES is something /k/ hates because of all the retarded jokes being leveled at us based on it, but if Romero has passed on, I think we can all make an exception. I'd probably want a levergun and a revolver that shared a blackpowder cartridge. BP is much easier to make than smokeless and ammo commonality means you don't have to scavenge or reload more than one round. Hell, if you have the equipment, you can even cast your own slugs/bullets.
>>
>>34567092
You are annoying AF. Go away.
>>
File: bmjNAmT.jpg (271KB, 1600x842px) Image search: [Google]
bmjNAmT.jpg
271KB, 1600x842px
A LeMat may be one of the worst choices in a zombie survival scenario.
Nevermind the "shotgun barrel".
>waxing the barrels to prevent a chain discharge

Seems like it would slow things down quite a bit when time matters.
>>
File: I'm out.jpg (42KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
I'm out.jpg
42KB, 410x410px
>An actual zombie happening

My bicycle to get me the hell out of this city, to go stay with my relatives while my tax dollars go to work.

And a doublestack 9mm in case I need to shoot anything getting out of town, because it has great ammo/weight and magazine size/weight ratios and I plan on outrunning all the zeds with my wheels anyway.

>Fictional zombie happenings where zombies somehow DESTROY ALL CIVILIZATION

Pic related. The story either needs to be seriously broken or they need to be some goddamn ridiculous overpowered zombies to take it all down, and either way that's not my cup of tea.

Let the actual survivalists who prepared for it win the day there. I'll wrap all my shit up to last and then sign off rather than shitting myself to death or, more likely, being eaten within four hours of trying to bug out.
>>
>>34567092
Flamethrowers. Don't need accuracy due hosing effect. Can literally lay down a wall of fire. Incinerates the zombies to crisps to ensure no coming back up.
>>
>>34567092
if your doing black powder you need to use the Remington 1858. Anyway knowing my autism i'd put on my repro WW1 french gear and grab my berthier and ruby (i really need a lebel and moderl 1892 as well) and go around yelling"You shall not pass!" will bayoneting them
>>
>>34567302
>The zombies eat you and then burn to death

Very Pyrrhic victory, I guess

Makes sense to burn them after you've put them down, but trying that while they're still ambulatory is a great way to either give the zombies a well cooked meal or get your defenses burnt down and THEN deliver said meal
>>
>>34567307
>>34567354

And of course, misclicked
>>
>>34567092
By zombies do you mean niggers? That seems to be the consensus over on pol
>>
>>34567092
12ga pump
Sledgehammer for melee but I'd wear goggles and a mask to keep from blood splatter infection

I own a crossbow and it would be horrible for zombies. 15 second stationary reload, sound of a .22 if it's a crossbow intended for men and not children, over penetrates thusly so can't recover the bolt, etc.
>>
>>34567280
theres no need for wax if you use the right bullet size idiot.
>>
>>34567092
.22 rifle and pistol, both suppressed.
>>
>>34567915
>15 second stationary reload

You need to git gud, son.
>>
>>34567999
Maybe on a kiddy crossbow you could be faster, but on a 160 lb bow you need to get the cocker out, pull that shit up, put it on your hip, place a bolt, and then cock it. This easily takes 15 seconds and maybe 10 if I rushed and didn't fuck up rushing.
>>
>>34568021
>but on a 160 lb bow you need to get the cocker out
>he doesn't deadlift 350 lbs

I'm sorry for you.
>>
>>34568038
I'm 5'8 I'd look way to stereotypical if I was swole
>>
I wouldn't really be worried about Zombies unless there's hundreds or thousands and they have me cornered.

Obviously they're always a threat when entering a building you never know where they could be hiding.

But it's people the ones you have to worry about more than the Zombies in a Zombie apocalypse.

Personally, I'd have a Scout Rifle or a similar set up, handgun doesn't matter that much to me which type though I'd obviously carry one.

I'd be in Snowy Montaneous regions so a hatchet and knife would be my "melee" weapons though they're most likely going be used only as tools.

Most people/zombies wont be venturing far out to the middle of nowhere in the snow so my cabin would be pretty hidden.
>>
>>34568038

Hahaha 350lbs ain't shit.

Man I'm a manlet that occasionally works out when my buddies drag me along to the gym and that's nothing.
>>
>>34568087
That's the point. If you can do that, you can reload a 160 lbs crossbow without breaking a sweat.
>>
>>34567121

That's honestly a pretty solid choice for extended survival. If you go out scavenging you can use a bunch of special snowflake rounds that no other survivalist would touch with a 10 foot pole, meaning in gun stores and such even after everyone has made off with the popular stuff like 9mm, .380, .38 spc, and .357 mag you can still find something usable in the piles of specialty stuff nobody cares for.
>>
>>34567915
>sound of a .22 if it's a crossbow intended for men and not children
I somehow doubt your crossbow is producing a sonic boom.
>>
Supressed ruger 10/22

Maybe modified for full auto in case I need it.

Otherwise a Mossberg 500
>>
File: stewruck.jpg (59KB, 482x648px) Image search: [Google]
stewruck.jpg
59KB, 482x648px
>>34568058

Bullshit. This guy doesn't look "swole", just decently fit, yet he has incredible functional strength and cardio. The two things you'd need the most in a self defense, shtf, survival, end of the world scenario.

Look up Stew Smith, he's a Navy Seal who specializes in getting other Spec Op guys fit
>>
>>34567092
A Sub2000 in 9mm with an oilcan suppressor. Cannot go wrong. Lightweight, foldable, most readily available ammo nearly across the globe, and you can carry quite a lot of ammo. Plenty strong enough to reliably kill zeds, and even with the bullet being supersonic i think the suppressor would make it quiet enough to not alert other zeds.

I'd also carry my AR at the ready when hiking in case of human threats, I'd cut down my mossberg 500 to a pistol grip for stowability and weight reduction, and I'd also try to find a longbarreled .22 revolver for when i find a brick of .22 on some half-eaten fudd corpse. Crowbar for melee and entering abandoned buildings.

There, perfect z-day survival arsenal. I can shoot .22, 9mm, .223, and 12-guage, and those are realistically what you'd come across first. Also enough guns that you can lend an ally a gun so you can kill twice as many zeds.
>>
>>34568058
I'm 5'7 and learned to cock a 150# crossbow on my sternum when I was 12yo 5'0 - 130lbs. . get used to it.
>>
>>34567984

Something similar. A .22bolt action suppressed. For Hunting and Scavenging with a Glock 19.

And for back at camp or base defense I'll have my precison rifle in .308 or AR15
>>
Id just wait for the kids carrying eight loaded magazines and a plate carrier to die of exhaustion and steal their nice guns.

>Fictional zombie happenings where zombies somehow DESTROY ALL CIVILIZATION

The new thing is that the airborne virus infects all humanity and the survivors are immune. or some shit
>>
>>34568244

That's a hell of a lot more believable. But if its fast zombies then contact infection isn't out of the question
>>
Ithaca M37

Two words, "slam fire"

Preferably one that has had the barrel bobbed down or "rioted." The loading port is the ejection port, so there is no opening on the side, and thus less of a chance of crap getting in there. Cut it down to a pistol grip for the sake of maneuverability and less weight.

As I side I would carry an Uzi carbine in 9mm as a side, or in my case a tec 9 DC model as I am poorfag. Took me 2 weeks to stop the jamming, but it was worth it
>>
>>34568268
*As a side I would carry an Uzi 9mm carbine

Lack of sleep has fucked with my typing
>>
Honestly, the boring yet practical answer is a .223 of some stripe, preferably an AR due to the massive parts, ammo and magazine availability in the US. The reasons it was picked for combat make it excel against zombies. It is not being employed against hard or armored targets; it is exactly enough boolet to kill humans well; and you can feasibly carry a sizeable shitload of it. It'll work for zombies and for the raiding parties that become the real threat in late-game fiction.

The truth of the matter is that a zombie outbreak will never become an apocalypse, because zombies show no sense of self-preservation, are moving but predictable targets, and humans are very, VERY good at killing shit. The real threat would be some kind of FEMA / police-state fuckery.
>>
>>34567092
I think if I saw it coming I'd pick up a cheap 10/20 with a can. for squirrel meat, and a black powder uberti or something just in case I have to make black powder, and survive the long haul.

Beyond that I'd use my ar for the first week and just throw it in a river if it got to annoying to hump around.
>>
how long would ammo stick around? I could loot all the ammo from every store in the surrounding 25 miles and it still wouldn't be much if you can only carry two guns
>>
>>34568255
alternatively the zombie virus can infect animals, boom instant scarymode
>>
>>34568378

A Resident Evil (the first video game) type of Virus where animals get infected and the occasional mutant.

Looks like people might need .375 H&H magnums
>>
File: 1488753206534s.jpg (4KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
1488753206534s.jpg
4KB, 200x193px
>>34567092
real zombies? or basketball-american zombies?
>>
File: lightning.jpg (27KB, 1280x318px) Image search: [Google]
lightning.jpg
27KB, 1280x318px
.327 federal pump action rifle, with box mags and folding stock.
>Can shoot .327, .32 H&R, and .32 S&W long
>Reloaded with ease, unlike .22 meme rifle
>Light recoiling, quiet .32s and deer taking .327s in same package
>Light, compact gun
>>
>>34568869
they make one in that calibre?
>>
File: EA.jpg (39KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
EA.jpg
39KB, 800x600px
Been playing Grand Order a lot. Finally got Gilgamesh to drop, was afraid I'd have to consign myself to reroll hell.
>>
>>34568877
Dunno, it's just a slightly relevant pic.
>>
>>34567092
For slow zombies or if you were holed up somewhere safe(protip hide vertically) you'd want a .22 due to the relatively quiet report and ease of stockpiling and transporting large sums of ammo. A guy with half a brain and a .22 bolt gun is gonna probably be better off then one with a 9mm, shotgun, or centerfire rifle cartridge. Simply due to the fact that if he gets into a shitty situation he can climb on top of an object and leisurely plink a whole neighborhood or walmarts worth of zombies to death.

Carrying around thousand of rounds of even 9mm would be a pretty annoying thing to have to do by comparison. Not to mention that .22s are probably the single most common firearm around and it's also fairly common for individuals to have at least several hundred rounds on hand whereas many casuals buy more expensive rounds on an as needed basis. Therefor scavenging will likely prove more fruitful and less frequently necessary.

If you're dealing with quicker and or not head shot only zombies like 28 days later then I'd probably go for an intermediate caliber rifle(ar-15) or shotgun for up close work. Probably carry a 9mm handgun as a back up but frankly that sounds like a pretty good way to get dead.

Fire traps and explosives would be a pretty good way to deal with either also. If you can prep a building(say gasoline or natural gas everywhere) and lure some zombies in with a boombox on a timer then that could pose a very cost/risk effective means of dealing with them.
>>34568739
This is 4chan anon. if he meant black people he'd have said black people.
>>
File: 1498669121197.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [Google]
1498669121197.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>34567719
are you new? of course it's niggers.....
>>
>>34567926
agreed, but I still come across magazine articles that tell you to do it. i'm generally to lazy, but never had a problem.
>>
>>34568202
you've thought this out before! sweet plan, better than the other poseurs.
>>
>>34567121
>>34568121
>>34567165
I've heard it's not very reliable though. Granted, I read it from /k/, so I don't know for sure.
>>
>>34569570
The things they use to fit all those calibers aren't durable.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.