[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FSB cut out free float rail

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0180.jpg (113KB, 640x494px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0180.jpg
113KB, 640x494px
Why are FFs with cut out spots for the fsb so under appreciated? I think it has lot to do with fags never going the fsb route anymore. Everything has to low pro and slim blah blah blah
>>
>>34565613
I'd like to know too
>>
>>34565613
>why did carbine gas and quad rails fall out of favor a decade ago
>>
>>34565767
Well why did they?
>>
>>34565800
Presumably because you can get something lighter, slimmer, and with more ergonomic flexibility.

Ex: mlok, keymod, proprietary shit from alexander arms, etc.
>>
A free float M-LOK rail with an FSB cut-out would be fine. Quad rails in this day and age are pointless though, unless you are going for a clone build or want a cheap drop-in for your carbine length gas system without modifications.
>>
>>34565896
all of this. plus with different optics, its nice to be able to fold the front sight down, or take it off altogether if you choose.
>>
File: pic7.jpg (240KB, 1188x1223px) Image search: [Google]
pic7.jpg
240KB, 1188x1223px
>>34565613
>you really need a free-floated front sight for all those long-range precision shots you're going to be making with your backup irons
With a continuous 12-o'clock rail, you can put your front sight wherever it's most convenient, or skip it entirely if, say, you've got five other aiming devices on your gun that would all have to fail before you needed BUIS.
>>
>>34565956
Folding the front sight down is only beneficial if you're running a LPV on 1x and are concerned about getting distracted by the front sight.
At more than about 3x, the front sight blurs to the point of invisibility.
>>
honestly though, aren't FFs kind of a meme?
>>
>>34568442
Most people won't take full advantage of the accuracy benefits, but they offer more grip and rail space, easier shooting from barricades, and usually make the rifle lighter if they take a low profile gas block.
>>
https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/radical-firearms-ar-15-5-56soc-w-15-fcr-3507-detail.html?Itemid=0

What does /k/ think about this model seems good too me transitioning from ak to ars so this would be first. Only thing wrong I see is it's not chrom barrel. So life could be shorten since I love rapid fire.

Other then that I would get some good iron sights
For longer sight radius and a lot of mags.

Is this rifle in the link at least better then a mp sporter II or other low budget ars.
>>
>>34568555
Chrome lining does not significantly increase barrel life over nitride treatment for the average person. Chrome lining starts to shine when you are talking about very high volumes of fire in succession.
The rifle looks fine according to the description. Honestly, other than the barrel and trigger AR's are mostly the same shit. Watch some Youtube reviews and browse forums before you buy.
>>
>>34568610
Thing is I'm the type to shoot 200 rds with out stopping. Would I still be good with this barrel?

I did a lil reading before I saw this I was deadest on a windham mpc but this rifle loks much better and cheaper.

But like all cheap things there's always a catch. Bad parts qc, etc.
>>
>>34568555
>>34568923

Also anybody know any good iron sights, I heard about diamond but read here there not so good.
>>
>>34568442
There is no reason to not get a free float handguard unless you are trying to save money (which is a perfectly valid reason).
>>
>>34569688
It's a valid reason but you can get a basic slick FF rail from ALG for like $80, so it's not out of reach for even budget builds.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.