[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best modern pistol with a manual safety?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: image014.jpg (42KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
image014.jpg
42KB, 500x361px
One of my buddies wants to buy a pistol soon, but he wants a manual safety because that's what he feels comfortable with. Most of the stuff that's sold around here are all glocks and similar polymer striker guns. What's /k/'s recommendation?
>>
>>34565116
They sell Shields with manual safeties, you know.
Is that the only guideline?
>>
>>34565116
Your pic related is a good choice, as are 1911's and Beretta's. Really he just needs to go handle some and see what he likes. Asking what kind of gun you'll like is like asking other people what kind of shoes you'll like. It's mostly a personal preference thing.
>>
>>34565116
Tell him to stop being a pussy and get a gun with no safety. Convince him if he relies on safeties he'll get glockleg for sure, somehow.

Then he's sure to get glockleg.
>>
>>34565116

HK USP
>>
File: rex.2.jpg (4MB, 5344x3006px) Image search: [Google]
rex.2.jpg
4MB, 5344x3006px
>full-metal frame
>hammer-fired
>ambi-controls, except de-cocker
>$600

Not as cheap as some of the Shields, but it's a pretty decent choice.
>>
>>34565154
I've already told him manual safeties aren't really necessary on guns that aren't single action only. But I'd rather he arrive to that conclusion by himself as opposed to other people driving it down his throat all the time.
>>
>>34565116
I mean, Sig might make a version of the P320 with a safety available to the civilian market, since that's what they're churning out for the mil contract. Hard to go wrong with a CZ, too.
>>
>>34565116
There are LOTS of guns available with a manual safety, even lots of Glock-like polymer guns. What kind of gun does he want?
>>
File: tbh.png (2MB, 1318x788px) Image search: [Google]
tbh.png
2MB, 1318x788px
This desu.
>>
Ruger 9e
>>
>>34565280
He's not really sure, but I feel like he's gonna go with something along the lines of a striker gun with the safety option. Thing is, I don't really know which ones have a safety that's ergonomic and isn't easily disengaged if he were to carry it.
>>
Beretta 92FS. He can easily convert it to decocker only once he realizes he's being stupid.

>>34565219
Also good.
>>
>>34565303
Not gonna happen, we use those at work and he hates them
>>
>>34565132
Its pretty stiff out of the box and doesn't offer alot of real estate. Easy to fuck up on a draw without substantial training.
>>
>>34565226
>never heard of the brand
>looks like a broken sig
Miss me with that gay shit tbhfam
>>
>>34565235
>single action only
>safety
You mean striker fired, surely? Single action only can be decocked, and therefore requires no safety. It's inherently the safest design, because the hammer itself acts as a manual safety.
>>
>>34565419
Why the hell would you carry a SAO gun with the hammer down?
1. Involves walking the hammer down on a live round. Not recommended for beginners.
2. involves cocking hammer during/after draw which can be difficult depending on the gun
>>
>>34565360
>SIG gets BTFO by it

If you get a chance to try one, I'd seriously recommend it.
>>
>>34565360
I'd look into it. It's young in the American market, but so far it has a really good track record. MAC was able to keep shooting it despite trying his hardest to fuck it up.
>>
>>34565301
Smith and Wesson M&P, Ruger SR, and FN FNS all are polymer striker guns that have options to get them with a manual safety. The gun shop might have to special order the safety version, but they should be available for any model in any of those lines. I don't think you have to worry about the safety coming off during carry as long as he carries it in a holster.
>>
>>34565116
Get a used M&P2. Like $400 and they have safety models.
>>
>>34565467
>hammer down on a live round
>cocking during draw
Yes, like using a safety during the draw? All modern guns are drop safe. You're not addressing "only single action only guns need safeties" when double action and striker fired are inherently more dangerous and needing of safeties.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.