[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After Self Defense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: 1485206663678.gif (91KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1485206663678.gif
91KB, 320x320px
So /k/, say the day actually comes where you need to pop Jamal for trying to culturally appropriate your television one night. After the altercation is over you dutifully call 911, give your statement, and let the paramedics remove the baboon corpse from your house.
You end up needing to turn in the firearm you used in to the police as evidence

Is there any chance you'll be seeing that gun again?

If not, do you take this into account, and buy a cheaper carry/HD gun?
>>
>>34561929
it really depends anon

what were the circumstances of the shooting?

do you have self defense insurance?

what state do you live in?

do you have castle doctrine?

is your locality made up of liberal faggots?

there's to many factors to consider.
>>
>>34561929
It normally takes around a month to get it back, sometimes it gets stuck in red tape forever depending on how liberal the police are.

As for the second question, expensive guns are called safe queens for a reason.
>>
>>34561929
It depends. You SHOULD get that gun back. It may or may not be in good condition when it's returned. However, it will take so long to get it back (years) that you really should replace it in the meantime; especially since the deceased may have had friends.
>>
>>34561952
I'm just asking as a general question, I'm not in such a situation myself. To answer your question though, I live in CA, but I'm in a red county.

>do you have self defense insurance?

Would that cover the costs of the gun if it ends up in lockup forever, or is that just for court fees after aforementioned Jamal's extended family takes you to court?

>It depends. You SHOULD get that gun back. It may or may not be in good condition when it's returned.

Why would that be? Local PD taking it out to the range for giggles?
>>
>>34561970
Oops, meant that second question for >>34561958
>>
File: 5j9j1.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
5j9j1.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>34561973
Some department are just anti-gun cunts. I'm afraid the issue really isn't more nuanced than that. This is just the first article I grabbed off Google, although he may have failed other police tests.
http://archive.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/man-sues-to-get-back-gun-used-at-grocery-store-tv51d09-147687585.html/
>>
>>34561970
>Would that cover the costs of the gun
My insurance does not cover the cost of replacing the firearm. That is not really what the insurance is for. Basically it covers bail and supplies you with lawyer and financial coverage in liability, but only if the situation was justifiable self-defense.
>>
>>34561970
>Would that cover the costs of the gun if it ends up in lockup forever, or is that just for court fees after aforementioned Jamal's extended family takes you to court?

again depends anon, some insurance companies/plans will cover you the whole road. Others not so much. I'm doing research myself so I get a good plan.
>>
>>34562071
Fair enough. Good luck in your search, anon.
>>
File: JSDF stronk waifu 1.jpg (141KB, 1723x1331px) Image search: [Google]
JSDF stronk waifu 1.jpg
141KB, 1723x1331px
>>34562087
thanks anon, at the moment I'm looking at CCW Safe and USCCA, both seem promising. I'll report back on my findings.
>>
>>34561929
>If not, do you take this into account, and buy a cheaper carry/HD gun?

i have 2 of the same for this exact reason

practice with 1 for carry & if i have to use it 4 sure i'll be stressed & want the same gun to carry because then i will need it & unable to buy another 1 depending on situation, see ATF form
>>
>>34563245
Please explain, "see ATF form." From What I've heard, some police agencies will take forever to return your gun to you. See Ajax22 re restoring a blood-etched 1911: pitting was extensive because it sat in a police evidence bag steeping in blood.
>>
>>34563941

see ATF 4473 the form you have to fill out to buy a gun in USA

line 11-b asks if you are under indictment etc about felony

wether you think your defensive gun use in shooting tyrone is justified is completely irrelevant because what matters is what the police & district attorney in your area think

plenty of examples where libtard shit DA's try to prosecute questionable cases because they hate guns and want to make an example of you
>>
>>34561952
>self defense insurance?
Isn't that what the weapon is?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.