[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many rounds do you need?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: images (1).jpg (8KB, 269x188px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
8KB, 269x188px
How many round are you comfortable with for your EDC gun? Is a 5 shot revolver enough? Or do you feel the need to carry three 17 round mags with you?
>>
File: Four Ocelots.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Four Ocelots.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>34561025
Six bullets..
more than enough to kill anything that moves.
>>
>>34561034
You better hope your aim is good enough.
>>
5 shots in a 6 shooter, 25 in a cartridge belt.
>>
>>34561039
If you miss 6 shots with an automatic you're still probably already dead. If you had the time to unload that many shots and haven't been shot yet, you're probably looking at som legal trouble because you shouldn't have been shooting at all.
>>
>>34561025
I never know how many round I will "need".
>>
>>34561050
But that's where you're wrong. I'm a cop. I can shoot over 9000 times and hit nothing but civilians and the only thing I get is a paid vacation and a transfer to somewhere 'less stressful'
Or a promotion to ATF if I happened to hit a few dogs.
>>
>>34561025
I either carry a 5 shot revolver with a speed loader or my Jericho clone that's 17+1

that's quite a contrast but I feel weird not loading the entire mag. Sometimes I carry a spare mag with the 9mm, but that depends on where I'm going.

Usually if I'm just going to/coming from work I go with the revolver. Anything else I like to carry the Jericho and /maybe/ a spare mag, depending.
>>
I typically carry my CZ P01, but sometimes I carry my PPK with a spare mag, 6+1 of Hornady .380. I also feel sufficiently armed with 8+1 .45 Federal HST in my USP .45 compact, which conceals insanely well. I carry a spare mag every time as well.
>>
>>34561025
Enough to incapacitate the threat.
Also depends on how many individuals are in the equation, caliber, brand, kind of metal used, if the guns in good condition or not, capacity to concealability, time of day/night, vicinity and so on.
>>
>>34561287
Why in gods name would you conceal carry a gun that wasn't in good condition?
>>
>>34561300
I've known people to do thus and it frightens me.
>>
>>34561025
>Seven rounds mag for muh venerable 1911
1 in the gun at all time
another one in the clothes/bag
2 more in the car
3 more in various rooms of the house
5 in storage in the safe
>>
>>34561034
What about one guy with six guns
>>
>>34561025
8+1 rounds of .380 in my Thunder. I don't carry a spare
>>
File: EDC 4-28.jpg (97KB, 1136x852px) Image search: [Google]
EDC 4-28.jpg
97KB, 1136x852px
>>34561025
15 rounds in the gun plus a backup mag. Gonna get another mag pouch for another backup mag. 15 rounds should be enough, but considering most muggins and such occur with at least 4 (potentially armed) guys I want all of the ammo I can comfortably carry on me.
>>
File: 400003467471-2.jpg (55KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
400003467471-2.jpg
55KB, 470x470px
My great aunt is hilarious, she carries loose .22's in a Minnie Mouse-themed coin purse and carries her actual change in another, almost identical purse. Since her eyesight started to go a few years ago, this has caused some problems.

Pic sort of related, it's not the exact purses she has but you get the idea.
>>
>>34561025
16+1 in weapon
16 in extra mag
speedloader and ammo can in truck
>>
>>34561025
You guys are all retarded for carrying a pistol anyways pistols are pretty damn near useless as a real offensive or defensive weapon a long arm is the only thing that's going to save your ass. I keep one in my truck at all times.beneath the seat or if I'm in a single cab right behind the seat. A battle rifle, a 308 Caliber weapon capable of piercing a cops bulletproof vest, capable of killing medium to large game, capable of flying right through a car door or windshield and splattering everything on the other side, with a laser for shooting without aiming properly if I need to, with a reflex sight for hitting things a hundred yards and under, a magnifier for the reflex sight to hit everything over 100 yards, and a 25 round magazine. A weapon that is quite capable in almost every role
>>
>>34562033
please go away. I get that you don't walk anywhere so it doesn't really matter what you carry, but you're being a buttmunch and I don't like that.
>>
>>34561025

>ITT: people confusing stopping a threat with ending a bank-robbery-gone-bad-with-standoff-and-hostages-requiring-the-police-to-depend-on-gun-totin'-anon-and-his-battle-ready-concealed-armory.
>>
File: IMG_20170321_111603_599.jpg (2MB, 3563x1865px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170321_111603_599.jpg
2MB, 3563x1865px
>>34561928
I like your style, but have you considered upgrading to 17 or 18 in a mag?
>>
>>34562066
more like
>drive down road
>explore creek
>in area known for the nearby graveyard, old as fuck church, and generally spoopy shit
>hear rustling a few dozen yards away
>>
>>34562033
>goes into wal mart, doesn't take long guns
>shtf
>oh so this is why you use a pistol
>>
>>34562105
I oc my rifle all the time it's an AK47 clone in 308 it has a traditional wood stock instead of pistol grip so it doesn't get me very many funny looks. And no ones hassled me yet about it.
>>
File: IMG_0867.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0867.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>34562148
>>
>>34561065
where does this myth that cops get 'paid vacation' and anything but fired when they murder people come from?

Seriously they usually get unpaid vacation and either kicked off 'the force' in shame or sometimes even prison if it's decided the shooting wasn't righteous.
>>
>>34562302
>if decided it wasnt righteous

which is literally 1% of the time
all a cop has to do is say "muh safeties! muh families!"
>>
>>34562313
Your ever consider that only 1% of the time the shooting wasn't?

Probably a lot less.

You one of those dipshits who thinks the White Man sends out cops to kill black people or something?
>>
>>34561025
FN 40 compact and two 10 round magazines loaded with Barnes TAC XPD 140 gr every day and practice at the range twice a week
>>
>>34562033
you forgot to mention your katana
>>
>>34561928
>m9
Have some self respect for fuck sake
>>
>>34561025
My G26 is 10 +1 I feel ok with that and I carry a spare in the event my primary fucks up.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (116KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
116KB, 1024x640px
>>34561025
3 full capacity magazines because...
Acceptable overkill
>>
I carry 9+1 and sometimes a 15 round extended magazine but I wouldn't feel unprepared with a 5 shot revolver and a speed strip. So far all of my confrontations that weren't resolved with a harsh stare ended when they saw the gun and knew I was tired of them breathing. That might change when I move to Florida because it seems like a rolling cauldron of stupid.
>>
tfw cant carry at all in england

tfw only carry a legal knife (legal carry knives are under 3' long and fixed blades are illegal so it has to be a folding knife that doesn't lock in place)

literally just fuck my shit up if I ever get in a confrontation. My MMA lessons once a week will probably be more useful than any weapon we're actually allowed to carry
>>
>>34563234
but if you kill somebody you can cover your arm in plus signs and plant a screwdriver on them. Honsestly a folding knife that doesn't lock and can't be a balisong sounds like a terrible tool.
>>
>>34563283
Yeah it is worthless even carrying such a small knife, especially if it can't lock in place, which makes one side of it a useless tool (it will bend on impact rather than cutting or stabbing) and makes stabbing an attacker a bad idea because the blade could easily fold back and hurt you more than your attacker

basically, its fucking stupid and we've been completely disarmed as a populace.
>>
>>34561025
of all the guns I carry the only time I've ever had to pull one was when I was carrying a 5 shot revolver and guess what...I didn't even have to shoot even though it was an attempted robbery by 4 niqqas. IDK if id chance it again but goes to show guns are a great psychological deterrent. also when it happened it never once crossed my mind that I might not have enough capacity.
>>
>>34562302
>where does this myth that cops get 'paid vacation'
>on 'administrative leave pending further investigation'
That's union speak for stay home and get check.
>>
>>34561025
7 rounds of HP 357 mag in my 686 plus 2 7 round speed loaders. I keep another 3 speed loaders and a box of hardcast lead 357 in my bag for woods trips.
>>
>>34563462
>has retired from the department to pursue other opportunities after the incident
>will better serve if they are no longer a member of the town's community
got fired and transferred to a department in another city. The max I've seen is five times after egregious civil rights violations or drug offenses and then they go off and rape a few people and wonder how it could have happened.
>>
>>34561025
As many as it takes.

Regardless, I carry 2 spare mags with me whether I need them or not.
>>
>>34561025
at 10rnds i stop caring. Only way that wouldn't be enough imo is if some Hollywood tier shit happened. Carying a spare mag is a must, but that's less to do with having more ammo and more to do with magazines being the single biggest point of failure with auto loaders.

That being said i dont have a problem with myself or others carrying ~6rnds of a big boy cartridge(.357 for instance). I do feel a little under gunned in the capacity department but im not worried about getting the job done in most probable SD situations where speed and accuracy are what really counts. When it comes to .38 or .380 im not a huge fan of low capacity designs, i feel like those rounds are a bit less reliable performs to start with and a single stack 9 is already small enough for just about any occasion.
>>
>>34561050
>If you had the time to unload that many shots and haven't been shot yet...

TBQH i can mag dump a .22 or .380 pretty fast. Hell, i could manage that pretty easy in 3-4s with a 9mm. Which is conveniently less time then it takes for a man to go unconscious from blood loss if you sever his ascending aorta. Sometimes people can take a good amount of lead(or just time) before they realize it's time to take a nap or you clip their CNS.

It might be relatively unlikely but it isnt exactly an astronomically unlikely outcome.
>>
>>34561025
As many as I can without hindering me in whatever I'm doing. Sometimes thats my Glock 17 and a spare mag. Sometimes its just my airweight and a speed loader. If I'm hiking or traveling in the boonies it might be both + another spare mag for the 17 + two more and my 870 in my truck.
>>
>>34562302
>>34562340
Mostly it's because of all those times that it's happened.
>>
>>34562340
Ah yes, all of those bystanders deserve to die each time the nypd gets into a gunfight. They had it coming.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.