[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M40 Replica

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0940-1.jpg (159KB, 991x435px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0940-1.jpg
159KB, 991x435px
/k/, convince me to not spend an assload of money on either buying a pre-built M40 replica, or spend an assload of time on building a period correct one.
>>
OK, do you have the ability to utilize a precision rifle, or the money and range facilities and willingness to seek training to learn how to do so?

No?

Buy something else, like case lots of ammo for your favorite pistol. Or take a shooting class.
>>
>>34560542
I would be willing to pour time into the rifle and become a great shot with it.

Also another reason I want one is because I live in a noguns country and it would be a reasonably modern replica of a rifle actually used in recent conflicts, that I can own, being a bolt action.

p.s. hab no pistols, is a huge fuckaround
>>
>>34560571
Ausfag?
>>
File: 1428633029488.jpg (8KB, 317x159px) Image search: [Google]
1428633029488.jpg
8KB, 317x159px
>>34560591
unfortunately
>>
File: 5416514054_d1b3c0eb53_b.jpg (152KB, 917x626px) Image search: [Google]
5416514054_d1b3c0eb53_b.jpg
152KB, 917x626px
>>34560601
I qucikly looked into M40s and have a mate who did the same. Saw a few on abusedguns that sold for disgusting prices and abandoned the idea. Personally I'd rather an L42A1 now
>>
There's far better performing rifles for much less money. If you're looking to get into long range/precision shooting, the cliche thing to do right now (because it works) is get a Tikka CTR 24" in 6.5CM with a Vortex PST EBR2C (gen1 or 2) 6-24/5-25.
>>
>>34560571
Ah, didn't know you were an Aussie. Condolences on not being able to get into pistol shooting. Sounds like you should go for it. An M40 is a dead sexy rifle, along with the M42A1. I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to find land on which to shoot long distance in Mad Max Land? How's the situation for reloading so you can fine tune loads to the gun and shoot more for the same money? Are there schools teaching long range marksmanship or would you need to save up for an American vacation to some place like Gunsite? Is it illegal to possess 'sniper' materials if you need to self study stuff like range estimate, wind reading, etc, as US military manuals are freely available on the web?
>>
>>34560626
L42A1 would be cool also but I can't get past the M40 aesthetic even if it would mean buying all the parts and getting a local gunsmith to rig it up for me.
>>
>>34560679
The range I go to is up to 400 metres and the specialized range next door is further but it's only for club meets etc.

Reloading is all fine and good but I don't have a setup as is.

Not really anywhere teaching marksmanship I don't think, could probably just get an old long range shooter from one of the clubs to take you under their wing tho.

Nah wouldn't be illegal, can just say it's for long range hunting or target shooting and shit, don't think anyone would care.
>>
>>34560684
Yeah the M40 is a gorgeous oldschool rifle.

>>34560679
Another Aussie here, fullbore long-range shooting is very popular here, as are service rifle shooting disciplines (generally shot from prone and unsupported). So there's nothing illegal about 'sniper' equipment fortunately.

I've seen a couple of (pricey and intensive) marksmanship courses, but they're mainly aimed at long range practical hunting.
>>
>>34560790
>>34560704
>Organised shooting
I see you Aussie have to deal with this bullshit too. I'm a bong and it's very hard to shoot here without some of this shit causing you a big pain in your arse. I just tried to join my club's long range branch and see there's a list of fucking retarded rules as long as your arm.
>have to provide witness and coutersigned (by a range control officer) group and zero card (whatever the fuck they want that to be) at 25m
>then you can 'arrange' a time to shoot at 100m to prove you know how to adjust sights and shit and 'have a full understanding of your rifle'
All this just to go and shoot on with this club on military ranges, they'll probably only have 4-6 people firing at any one time and everyone else has to either supervise or stand around waiting. What a fucking load of horseshit. I'm so sick of the whole club and social shooting mentality, you can't even shoot because you spend half your time working for other people or else waiting.

Any time I see the word "discipline" in the context of shooting my stomach churns thinking about all that it involves and how willfully restrictive it is. At least you guys have a lot of landmass, can't you just go out innabush and shoot however the fuck you want?
>>
>>34561255
Can go innabush and shoot wherever the fuck but is risky because mostly everything is owned by someone and national parks etc. are no go's for shooting unless hunting with special permits in certain states. Plus I am on the coast in a reasonably big city so not much innabush for me.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.