[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civil war and special forces

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_1375.jpg (90KB, 750x451px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1375.jpg
90KB, 750x451px
Let's say Civil war breaks out tomorrow. What is the deal with special forces, like the navy seals for example?
Do they side with the government outright?
Would roughly 3/4 side with the people like the rest of the military is projected to in red team?
Would they be effective against the rebels?
>>
>>34559652
All depends on the context of the situation.
Antifa take over the San Francisco area? Probably side with the government.
The president bombs Houston for voting against him? Probably side with the rebels.
>>
>>34559673
Let's say it's a state secession
Say Texas secedes
>>
>>34559682
90% of Americans in this country's military would turn on the bureaucrats telling them to shoot their own people.

In America, people in the military aren't braindead followers like in other countries, at least most of them
>>
File: IMG_1247.jpg (196KB, 750x905px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1247.jpg
196KB, 750x905px
>>34559707
What are euro fag militaries like?
>>
>>34559652
If CW2 breaks out, it's going to be LE against the insurgents. The government takes a huge step toward legitimizing the opposition if the military gets involved. There's also the problems associated with suspending Posse Comitatus.

A significant portion of the military is going to wind up in overseas garrisons and Hawaii. This serves to keep them out the fighting and acts as a deterrent against any foreign powers who want to meddle in our troubles. It also cuts down on desertions.

On the gov side, the heavy lifting will be done by DHS. They'll be billed as LE, but they'll be militarized as fuck. NG units from loyalist states will probably be called up to support DHS units. It's gonna be ugly.
>>
File: 1488150266970.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1488150266970.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>34560567
There is a major issue with that theory

>A significant portion of the military is going to wind up in overseas garrisons and Hawaii. This serves to keep them out the fighting and acts as a deterrent against any foreign powers who want to meddle in our troubles.

You are expecting thousands of American soldiers simply to just stand at their posts while a FUCKING CIVIL WAR rages throughout their country? Don't you think they will be thinking about their wives, husbands, daughters, sons? What about their families? No one is there to take care of them while fanatical right and left wing militias duke it out in their cities, towns, and streets with tanks, rockets, and bombs. I highly highly doubt troops in Afghanistan and Iraq are going to just stay put and follow orders
>>
>>34559652

that obviously would depend entirely upon where the battle lines are drawn...

you think SOF guys don't make decisions for themselves or something? afaik we're still not using androids in the military.
>>
File: 1460607742668.jpg (79KB, 425x960px) Image search: [Google]
1460607742668.jpg
79KB, 425x960px
>>34559707
>at least most of them
It's pretty sad how many there are.
>Be Massfag
>Ask vet buddy to be a reference on my LTC
>He says no because not everybody should own a gun
Plenty of crayon eaters really believe them and police are the only ones who should have guns. It's fucking sickening.
>>
>>34560715
>I highly highly doubt troops in Afghanistan and Iraq are going to just stay put and follow orders

Ok, genius, exactly how are they going to get home? Walk? Swim? Rowboat? That's one of the reasons for excessive forward deployment- it's hard as fuck to desert in a country where you don't speak the language and there's an ocean between you and where you want to go.

You also overlooked the total comms blackout that the mil would impose. You can bet your ass that all incoming news will be vetted and filtered.

Quit thinking Chechnya, start thinking more along the lines of the IRA. Only with a lot more manpower and better armed. Tactics and organization will be similar.
>>
>>34559652
You can bet your ass any type of special operations are gunna RUN THEIR SHIT. They will be relentless if they turn into vigilantes. They will go town to town and be force-paid to protect towns
>>
>>34561117
>Ok, genius, exactly how are they going to get home?
rebel pilots, dumbass

>it's hard as fuck to desert in a country where you don't speak the language and there's an ocean between you and where you want to go

Many people will such as support would desert as well.

>You also overlooked the total comms blackout that the mil would impose. You can bet your ass that all incoming news will be vetted and filtered.

Highly doubt it would be a TOTAL blackout.
>>
File: h4rgay9pmv7j6esybfdw.png (407KB, 800x470px) Image search: [Google]
h4rgay9pmv7j6esybfdw.png
407KB, 800x470px
>>34559652
well that's an easy one

there was that one time a navy spec warfare convey flew the trump campaign flag
>>
>>34559652
what the fuck is this people v gov thing? it would be the current gov v. another new gov retard.
>>
>>34559652

Being heavily in Intel, not as much as any rescue, recon, ranger/sapper tier and below.
>>
>>34559652
It is very dependent on the battle line that are drawn but if it is a hypothetical general populace vs government than i would not expect too see to much regular military, the government side would mostly be DHS, ATF, very loyal NG, major city PD, and alot of mercenaries like black water and ilk, not to mention everything that the CIA brings to the table with intelligence. Something I also imagine that not many bring up is pro gov militias who would likey be given surplus m16's and basic equipment and used as a rear guard or cannon fodder. Pro populace side would draw in more regular military and special forces, not mention veterans.
>>
More importantly: Which state is most likely to engage in civil war during the Trump era?
>>
Leftists want to succeed and are considering buying firearms. How could any SEAL, Raider, or SF guy hope to defeat them?
>>
>>34563938
California.

Illinois but not out of civil war, just it economically collapsing
>>
>>34563938
not really what states but rather what areas and regions, it could be as local as neighborhood vs neighborhood, it would be a clusterfuck not the neat lines and borders that was the first civil war.
>>
>>34559652
>Let's say Civil war breaks out tomorrow
Don't tease me. I'm so sick of dealing with niggers and SJWs.

T. Asian
>>
>>34563938
left coast
>>
>>34561361
>rebel pilots, dumbass

Because loyalist AA defenses aren't a thing. Sure. It's as simple as parking a humvee full of brainwashed 19 year old E-2s with MANPADS on the flight line and telling them to fire on any plane that moves. All you have to tell them is that there's a credible threat that terrorists have recruited pilots for another 9/11 attack. That's disregarding the fact that your rebel pilots in their presumably stolen transports are going to have to make multiple trips to move a strategically meaningful number of unequipped troops.

>Many people will such as support would desert as well.

I'm not sure of what you're trying to say here.

>Highly doubt it would be a TOTAL blackout.

Total? No, that would raise too many concerns among the troops. However, all information coming in would be massaged and managed like you wouldn't believe. Info from contradictory sources will be convincingly dismissed as erroneous, or as opposition propaganda. And you can bet your ass that every cell phone in the unit will be showing no signal. I've been through a few of these command infomanagement sessions, they're scarily in-depth and precise. They're also very subtle.
>>
I can see some Green Berets siding with civilians, seeing as how they are more aware of the geopolitical landscape than your typical doorkicker.
>>
>>34561361
After re-reading my post that you responded to, yes, I did say total comms blackout. That was a misstatement on my part. They wouldn't do a blackout because that causes a news vacuum, which the rumor mill would be more than happy to fill. See>>34564920
for a more likely description of how it would play out.
>>
>>34559652
they wouldnt work very good regardless as they'd be massively outnumbered
>>
the military will be able to provide the most order. i do not think many people will abandon that. there may be a small percentage of ideologues that may do something against their former brothers in arms. nothing significant though. if the government feels as if they are losing control, they will bring down the grid and become the strongest force of the burned out america. order restorers is what they will be. anybody resisting will be painted a subhuman terrorist destroyer of civilization. They won't even come into your area in force if they think it will be negative. They will carve out their own areas of control until eventually the entire country is once again subjugated. A civil war is pure delusion. Anything you think a civil war will accomplish is better accomplished by directly murdering the higher levels instead of their uniformed defenders.
>>
File: Bawldimurr.jpg (136KB, 760x535px) Image search: [Google]
Bawldimurr.jpg
136KB, 760x535px
>>34560567
Nah. Here in Baltimore when the nogs when ape because of the BLM bullshit, the guard was brought in the next day and armed soldiers were all over.
>>
>>34561519
shhh don't disturb the neckbeard fantasy circlejerk
>>
>>34565023
the military is incompetent and they will get no recruits worth more than dogshit during a civil happening either. they also wont have a population producing equipment and other shit for them or thanking them for their service every hour to prevent them from committing suicide.
>>
>>34559682
I'd stop the secession. Hundreds of thousands of Americans died over this before.

What comes to mind is something I read in the Federalist Papers where they talk about how Europe is composed of small countries wasting their energy and resources warring with and worrying about their neighbors and about how if they were one nation they would not have to worry about that and could do bigger and better things.
>>
File: 1499290091839.png (203KB, 1802x905px) Image search: [Google]
1499290091839.png
203KB, 1802x905px
>>34559652
thread
>>
>>34563962
*secede
>>
>>34559652
There are exceptions everywhere, but most SF lean redonkulously far right/libertarian.
>>
>>34560715
Even if they're stationed somewhere like Germany where they could defect and travel home easily, they'd still be caught either at the airport in Germany or while entering the US, then hauled off to jail.
>>
>>34559707
>What is the civil war
>>
>>34559707

Honestly, most of the brain-dead fucktards who would just do what they're told are in non-combat roles and are things like supply officers.

Generally trigger-pullers have too much ego and too much "coolguy" mentality to not have a bit of a rebel streak in them.
>>
File: flag.png (32KB, 7410x3900px) Image search: [Google]
flag.png
32KB, 7410x3900px
>>34566536
I found it; it's number 8.

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/fed08.asp
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federalist_No._8
>>
>>34566536
So then how do you rationalize America seceding from England? The revolutionary war was basically just that.
>>
>>34566789
Good question. In order to answer that I'd need a better argument/theory, but I can't think of one. What do you think a philosophy would be that could reconcile the two situations?
>>
>>34567472
The US has far more to offer the UK than the UK has to offer the US.
>>
>>34567511
Can you explain this more? I don't understand. And are you talking about the US or the colonies?
>>
>>34567572
Both, the strategic geography of the US and the resources available, make the US more valuable land than the UK. Back during the colonies time this wasn't fully realized yet as the nation was still growing, but people could see where things were headed. Today it should be obvious. It would make zero sense for the US to be governed UK, the were lucky they kept Canada
>>
>>34567867
I see now.
>>
>>34559652
Bumping to see more shitflinging.
>>
>>34563938
Colorado would be a bloodbath. It is half and half and Califags would be hanging on trees.
>>
>>34569089
I feel like ND would be pretty nasty too. Or any state where nukes are stored.
>>
>>34565071

There's a major difference between a governor deploying their own state national guard units and a national guard unit being on title 10 orders to deploy domestically to enforce federal policy.
>>
>>34561073
Your buddy sounds like a massive faggot.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.