[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Concealed carry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

What is the best gun for concealed carry that is under $500?
I've never owned a hand gun before and I want to be able to conceal carry since Missouri just this year was made constitutional carry and I've waited till I turned 19 to get one.
Also what's the best holster you use and should I still get a permit for it even though I don't need to and don't plan on leaving the state anytime soon.
Any advice will help, thanks.
>>
Trade-in glock 19, or a new gen.3 if you can find one.
>>
Missourian here. Take a CCW class and get the permit. It gives you a good understanding of the laws and when you can draw/use force, and what to say and not say to police afterward. Getting the permit also makes carrying into certain places a fine instead of a misdemeanor.
>>
>>34559032
That map is wrong. NH has constitutional carry now
>>
Alaska.

Buy gun. Drive 30mins in any direction and shoot it all damn day if you want without seeing another human being.
>>
>>34559032
1911. Iver Johnson and Rock Island offer them at that price.
>>
>>34559555
Thanks I will
>>
>>34559686

No problem. I just took one and was very glad I did.
>>
map must be outdated
IN has unlicensed open carry
and our CC is permit based
>>
>>34559636
Are you illiterate?
>>
>>34559032
Used PX4 Storm
Beretta 92S
Trade in Glock
Occasional Surplus West German Sig
CZ P07

Pick one of these OP if you think you can carry full sized if not get a M&P Shield, with the rebate going on their stupid cheap.

I'd recommend the P10C but it's still to new on the market and really hasn't been proven yet.
>>
All these noguns recommending large framed, used guns for a first time ccw

If you don't know what you're talking about just be quiet instead of proving yourself an idiot

To answer the question- sw mp shield for $219

You will not find a better gun for at least double that price. If you question this, you either don't actually intend to carry or care more about impressing internet teens than carrying something good. Either case a thread died for this if you're going to do the wrong thing on purpose
>>
>>34560101
>Beretta 92S

Really? You have a $500 budget and you're going to recommend an enormous 80s manufacture surplus gun with microscopic sights and a heel magazine release?

Its a pretty personal choice OP, I carry a CZ P01 full-time but thats slightly out of budget and a lot of people if not most people prefer something lighter and smaller.
Single stack 9s from the major brands are all very good i.e. Glock 43, M&P Shield, Walther PPS. If you're more at home with a compact, try the universal standard Glock 19, or what could be seen as an attempt to improve in it like a Walther PPQ (great trigger) or a Steyr M9.
>>
>>34560147
Wow I might just get that. Thanks anon
>>
>>34560246
I'll keep those in mind.
>>
>>34560101
I'll be sure to look into those guns you've recommended.
>>
>>34560246
>implying old surp guns are bad
>implying heel mag releases are bad
>being this much of a faggot

OP can get the gun for 300 and put the other 200 towards a good live fire class. The 92S is a fine gun but training is equally essential
>>
>>34561733
Thanks for the tips anon, I'll definitely get the proper training for firearms and carry.
The gun looks pretty nice and I've never owned a gun that wasn't American made.
>>
>>34559563
Look at the date bro the map is old as shit
>>
Walther PPS M2 is a good option. Nice and compact, gud trigger plus you can get one for $360 right now.

Oh and there is a $100 dollar rebate on right now. Not bad for a $260 gun.
>>
>>34559032
Get a Ruger LCP II, for gods sake.
>>
>>34561733
A fuck hueg military pistol doesn't have to be bad for better options to exist when it comes to a CCW. Better options do exist.
>>
>>34560101
I'm gettin dat p07 with a threaded barrel. Loved shooting it.
>>
>>34561837
>>34561844
>>34562438
>>34562474
OP here
Thanks for all the input guys, it really helps.
I have no idea about most guns, I've only owned three rifles since I was 9 and I'm finally ready to get myself a handgun, I just want my first one to be ableto last me a while and to go with me at all times.
>>
Semi related, I'm trying to choose between a:
>Used P320C
>Used FNX-9/FNS- 9
>Used PX4 Storm
Best one?
>>
>>34564496
I personally like the FNX-9.
It's a pretty looking gun, but it's costly.
How much are you willing to spend because a p320c is pretty damn expensive in my opinion.
>>
>>34559555
> what to say and not say to police

So basically don't say shit until you have a lawyer to talk to?
>>
>>34560147
second this, cheap reliable gun that you won't miss after the police take it should you ever have to use it. plus it's a fantastic shooter with an Apex trigger.
>>
>>34564634
What caliber and how much does it hold, is there a double stacked model?
>>
File: mp9c.png (1MB, 1621x1260px) Image search: [Google]
mp9c.png
1MB, 1621x1260px
>>34564815
>What caliber and how much does it hold
9mm 7+1, 8+1
40S&W 6+1, 7+1
45ACP 6+1, 7+1

>is there a double stacked model
Yeah, the compact versions of the normal M&P line.
>>
>>34565089
Thanks
>>
>>34559719
Hossier here, since when?
>>
>everyone overlooking that OP is 19 years old
>>
>>34566157
And that's a problem because???
>>
File: 1498427292428.png (886KB, 1600x1398px) Image search: [Google]
1498427292428.png
886KB, 1600x1398px
>when you live in a red state.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.