[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Makeshift suppressor to discharge 22 pistol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
So I've got a ruger mark series pistol and well I've had some issue with rust in the barrel. I've cleaned it out the best I could and oiled the inside but I really need to put 10-20 rounds through the gun to make sure it's all gone.
The thing is I don't want to pay 30 bucks for the range just to mag dump 10 rounds nor do I want to drive 40 minutes to the public range to Mandingo ten rounds. I was also there today actually but the gun wouldn't fire since the bolt as jammed up from potassium nitrate when I Reblued the gun and didn't get rid of any remaining potassium nitrate. So fuck spending an hour and a half doing that again. There isn't even any brass left since I picked the range clean for me to pick up if I want to go and I can't wait to fire the pistol because of the rust.
I'd like to fire the gun in my backyard at a tree or in the dirt or something.
I don't want anyone to hear me either since its not legal to fire a gun within 400 yards of a building.
Could I just take a pvc tube, duck tape it around the barrel, stuff it with some somewhat a paper towel and use that as a makeshift suppressor?
I really do need to fire the gun to help clear any remaining rust left.

Or would it be better to just drive somewhere more isolated but closer and go into the woods and fire there without this makeshift suppressor?
>inb4 blah blah ATF blah blah shoot doggo blah blah
>>
If you have a basement that might work, just make sure to shoot into your clearing bucket
>>
>>34558431
I don't have a basement Nor do I have a clearing bucket. I mean I have a bucket but no sand.
>>
>>34558431
And besides wouldn't my neighbors me? I live in basically a town home.
>>
>>34558393
A pillow. I'm serious. Jerry Michelin Man did a video on it and it even surprised him.
>>
>>34558393
Potato
>>
>>34558697

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnMeTlXsXC8
>>
Two liter bottle with tiny amount of water in it
>>
>>34558530
If i was really going to do this, i would make sure to use sub sonic ammo and make damn sure that there was sone sort of sand/bullet catcher. A pvc pipe stuffed with a sheet and the put a folded pillow on top might work. Press the muzzle into the pillow and make the bullets go through the pvc into the bucket. However i would never actually do this and would not reccommend it
>>
>>34558838
Stupid question, would the shot be quieter if he shot it long ways since it has more material to catch the gas?
>>
>>34558925
Don't have any subs. Was actually planning to buy 5k sub rounds later this year.
Also apparently the extractor spring is worn out. Probably from the nitre bluing.
>>
>>34558955
Perhaps, but their is a higher chance of not going through the pipe perfectly
>>
CCI quiet, shot through a bucket with a hole in the lid (put the muzzle IN the hole), into the ground/bucket of water
>>
Doesn't the oil filter thing work pretty well with 22lr
>>
>>34560354
Certainly. But it's ileagal as shit, and you certainly can't just go and buy a $15 adapter to attach one to any threaded barrel right off ebay.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.