[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Army Discusses New Pay Grades For Senior NCOs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 14

File: daniel-dailey-speaks-1800-ts600.jpg (72KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
daniel-dailey-speaks-1800-ts600.jpg
72KB, 600x400px
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/07/14/army-mulls-creating-new-pay-grades-for-senior-ncos.html

>The U.S. Army's top enlisted leader is trying to build momentum for an effort to create two new pay grades -- E-10 and E-11 -- to compensate senior noncommissioned officers as they take on more command responsibility.

>Currently, enlisted pay grades stop at E-9, but command sergeants major typically advance from battalion level to higher command positions such as brigade-, division- and corps-level CSM without additional compensation.

>Commissioned officers receive a pay increase each time they are promoted, all the way up to four-star general.
>>
>>34557017

Hey Sarge, when are we going to get new barracks so I can stop living with four people in a two man room?
>>
>>34557017
Read that as Gay Parades
>>
>>34557040
Ah, you must be a marine
>>
File: images (58).jpg (21KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (58).jpg
21KB, 384x384px
E-8
But for higher-level E-9s the job actually gets even easier.
You no longer have to deal with actual soldier problems or plan parades etc, you just tag along behind some brass as a spare wheel making random noises if you see someone with hands in pockets etc who hasn't got jumped by a lower E-9.
>>
File: shrug1.jpg (21KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
shrug1.jpg
21KB, 620x465px
......who the fuck cares?

They are just officer's assistants (E-7 to E-9). The pay grade should stop at E-7 for fucks sake, stop adding stripes to your already assclowny rank insignias when they don't mean anything.
>>
>>34557039
never.

though go look at Pacific Beacon quarters at Navy base San Diego.

>>34557017
how about eliminating Spc and make all E4s Corporals and NCOs automatically at 2 years? So soliders can get NCOERs and have some respect from the privates.
>>
>>34557017
proof the insidious motoard sticker and rank insignia industries are out to scam the american public. could you imagine just how much more of an insufferable cunt an E-11's fat wife would be?
>>
>>34559229
as insufferable as a corps/army/garrison CSM or SMA wife already is?
>>
>>34559145
>how about eliminating Spc and make all E4s Corporals and NCOs automatically at 2 years? So soliders can get NCOERs and have some respect from the privates.

Nah, do just the opposite. Bring back non-leadership promotion tracks for enlisted.

Some dudes are good at their jobs, but are simply not cut out to be leaders. A parallel promotion track (up to maybe E6 before cutting off) keeps the knowledgeable but non-leadership types in the best spot for them on the line, and it keeps the NCO schools and ranks from getting bloated with low quality people for the job.
>>
>>34559241
it would be like going from SSS1 goku vs frieza at E-9 to SSS5 BROLY at E-11.
>>
>>34557017
I read this as gay parades
Was confused as fuck
>>
>>34559317
i suggested bringing back the higher spc to one of my CSMs once. She said that what warrants and civilians were for. then went on some rant about how everyone needed to become a NCO and a leader or leave the army.

though a SGM in a previous unit always talked about how much money the army spent on training us. so we needed to stay in.
>>
File: crabs in a bucket.jpg (28KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
crabs in a bucket.jpg
28KB, 400x300px
>>34559514
>so we needed to stay in.
AHAHAH

Pic related. Every senior enlisted shithead ever
>>
>>34559528
was the same SGM that got a brone star in afghanistan, for just going around and telling soldiers they had too much mud on their boots. it was impossible to keep mud off our boots. since the airfield was a bombed out soviet era shithole that was 6 inches deep in mud half of the year.
>>
>>34559514
>then went on some rant about how everyone needed to become a NCO and a leader or leave the army.

And that right there is why WLC is a watered down rubber stamp course. When your organization is obsessed with pushed everybody through, standards get lowered. You end up with NCOs like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H92sDx5M2dk

>She said that what warrants and civilians were for.
Warrants get paid quite a decent amount more than normal enlisted and exist outside standard organization.

>though a SGM in a previous unit always talked about how much money the army spent on training us. so we needed to stay in.

Exactly. If you have a soldier who has an uninspiring personality and no interest in being a leader, but is motivated and skilled as say SAW gunner, it makes absolutely no sense to promote him out of his position. Or to discharge him for failing to advance in rank. In either case you force out an experienced soldier who is still capable of a job and you stick a brand new person in his place.

God, military promotion systems are so fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1498962496531.jpg (22KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
1498962496531.jpg
22KB, 300x299px
>>34559434
DADT-era Soldier detected.
>>
E-7, -8 and -9 are just lifers who are going for retirement anyways. Why do they need more money?
>>
>>34559568
military forces a pyramid heiarchy. a million privates and SPC4s at the bottom are considered disposable and replaced by any fresh boot.

i came to a shop where everyone was a sgt and none of them knew how to do the technical work of our MOS. I the SPCIC had to do all the work orders and field work. While eventually training the NCOs to lessen my work load.

i've been told, when poitning out how some NCOs in the company didn't know jack shit about their MOS duties and it was unjust for them to be promoted ahead of myself or others. They told me "they're leaders. they don't need to do work. their job is to just take care of soldiers"

I always respond."how are they supposed to take care of soldiers? if they can't train them? "
>>
>>34559588
>when everyone in the company already knows your a subaru tier carpet muncher from seeing you bringing japanese women back on base, before DADT, and said nothing about it.
>then DADT ends and suddenly everyone is expecting you to suddenly be open about your bedroom habits and bringing the GF to forced fun days.
>>
>>34557017
>a bunch of pogue ass fat bastard piece of garbage senior NCO's using their position to further enrich themselves and placate their bloated ego's

Shocking!

I can count the number of CSM's that inspired me on one hand. Meanwhile, I served with quite a few platoon and first sergeants I would literally follow straight into hell.

These are the same sorry pieces of shit that sold open faggotry, tranny's, and females in the combat arms....SHITBAGS!

Fuck them all with a cactus, twice.
>>
>>34557017
Dear FUCKING God, why dose the army have to bitch and complain about everything.

Why's the barracks so shitty? why's there no electrical outlet in every tent so we can play shitty games in our phones and bitch about our lives on twitter? Why can't we have better cammies rather than the last three versions of shitstained rags we bitched for.

The army has got to be the biggest bunch of bitches in the whole armed services.
>>
>>34559669
they were hoping to score points with the DC establishment to land or keep a cushy duty station.

i really wish Mattis would have reversed everything but the women in combat arms and allowing trannies, or at least raising women's physical standards to nearly that of men or equal to men.
>>
>>34559629
I know the feel and I think we're bitching the same complaints. People who get a rammed through promotion without knowing what they are talking about can fuck up an exponential amount of soldiers who are trained by them. I have assisted in providing training for WLC and weapon technical instructions and the amount of flat out wrong things I've seen NCOs tell troops is astounding.

The whole way the military looks at enlisted is very broken. The military has high turn-over rates. I can attest that many E5 and E6s get out because of job dissatisfaction; they took the promotion because more money and because they are essentially forced to do it, and then they get out. That means lower enlisted below them are forced into promotions they don't really want and the cycle continues. Making a parallel track for non-leader enlisted creates a relief valve for that and it slows down that whole clusterfuck. It also gives people more time to grow into being good soldiers if they want to make that hop from non-leader to leader.

And don't even get me started on how much of a dump NCOERs and OERs are.
>>
>>34559706
>everything but the women in combat arms and allowing trannies

If you support saddling the line with bitches and trannies, then your opinion is worth exactly jack, and shit.
>>
File: Colorful-1-bedroom-apartment[1].jpg (195KB, 1091x799px) Image search: [Google]
Colorful-1-bedroom-apartment[1].jpg
195KB, 1091x799px
>>34559690
90 sq feet that may not be private, a shared bathroom, having to eat in a mess hall 3 meals a day. it is not a standard of living that makes quality soldiers stay in if they can't get promoted quickly to move off base. It makes a bunch of dumb asses marry strippers or their high school girl. Then you have dependopotamous and their shitty kids.

Everyone should be at a bare minimum, should be living in a 1 bedroom apartment. have BAS instead of mess halls. have their quarters treated like a private residence instead of any army building that anyone above you in rank can just barge in on to flip your fridge over to check of dust bunnies under it.

put everyone single or married with no kids in this standard on base apartment. you reduce the number of people off base, and off base housing in the states is usually shit too. saw a lot of enlisted living in trailer parks, ghettos, or far away to make sure they didn't go over their BAH.
>>
File: nice.jpg (62KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
62KB, 533x800px
>Let's lower standards, destroy morale, put bitches, faggots, and trannies in line units, and then give ourselves a promotion AND a pay raise!

Our military is shit.
>>
>>34559733
sorry I massively messed that up. everything but DADT should have been reversed. women in combat arms and trannies should go. unless they hold them to the same standard as men. which should cut most of them out anyways.
>>
>>34557040
glad I'm not the only one
>>
>>34559731
in many ways the military still runs the enlisted corps like the draft still exists.

no one considers the barracks to be a soldier's home. if you take leave to your parent's house. Because you have no where else to go really. they usually think you are going home.
>>
>>34559629
>>34559731
my dad's friend when i was growing up was a retard of an E-6 that was in from 71-92 worked in the motor pool, and was so incompetent he couldnt change oil without getting it all over the place or blowing up engines. he begged my dad to give him a job when i was 14, so he would have money to pay for hookers abortions and the blackmail money so his wife wouldnt know. she knew, because she set he scam up on him. you guys think its bad now, you should have seen 80's and 90's era garrison big army. it was like volunteering to go to prison.
>>
>>34559645
Never saw any of the lesbos bring back any Jap women with them on base they usually fucked other lesbian service members
>>
>>34559833
I guess idiocy knows know bounds and afflicts even some lesbians.

>2017
>military women
>not even if I had a dick of my own on a 20 foot pole.
>>
>>34559085
>They are just officer's assistants (E-7 to E-9)
But /k/ told me that E-7 to E-9 eats officers.

Can a half-bird/full-bird tell an E-7 to E-9 to fuck off or do they have to wait to get their stars before that happens?
>>
>>34559964
It depends who their daddy is.

By the rules, an O-1 can tell an E-9 to go fuck off. But an E-9 implicitly has the ability to come back with a Colonel or similar who will officially bitchslap the O-1. Of course this can set off a whole chain reaction of shit when the O-1 goes and gets his own high ranking officer to fight. Generally people just act nice to E8 and E9s to keep the peace.

I had an awesome O-3 in my first unit who gave no fucks about officer politics or being promoted further, and he would very colorfully tell various SGMs to go fuck themselves. It was neat and something I never saw again in the military.
>>
>>34559896
Just what I saw the gay dudes though had no problem finding gay Jap bfs

What were youre experiences like? I'm curious desu

I'm guessing they spoke English ?

Where did you meet em?
>>
>>34559733
>>34559760
Get used to disappointment. Apparently sexual dysfunction as a civil right is a third rail not even Mad Dog or a 100% Republican-controlled Congress wants to touch.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/13/politics/house-defeats-bid-block-pentagon-transgender-surgeries/index.html
>>
>>34560046
No money to get Lipo suction for fatties. But you can mutilate your self to play dress up.
>>
>>34557040

this
>>
>>34560043
You go to clubs and hit on girls till you get a bite.

Later you find the gay men, and they lead you to the lesbians.

Japan's gay scene is weird. The pretty boys are straight and the manly men are gay.

Lesbians all tend towards femme, and Butch wasn't common.
>>
>>34560091
The Western democracies have gone insane, IMHO. We either reboot ourselves or we will not last the next half a century.
>>
>>34557017
the whole commissioned officer/enlisted aristocratic formation of the army should be revised
a linear ranking of soldiers based on time in service and merit should be implemented. you work your way up from line soldier to squad leader than platoon command staff, than company command staff etc.
the best college education or high test results should get you is a position as team leader after training
>>
File: 1499908791997.jpg (13KB, 239x238px) Image search: [Google]
1499908791997.jpg
13KB, 239x238px
>>34560131
Sounds like a lot work for you girls

>Tfw I was a weeb who lived in Tokyo for a few months and learned a bit of language
>Joined military when broke and first assignment was Japan
>Also decently fit
>Tfw
Shit was cash as fuck
>>
>>34560033
>40 year old bringing another 40 year to beat down a 21 year old kid
>21 year old kid hauls in his own 40 year old to fight for his honor
(lol
>>
Good, yelling at people to stay off the brigades grass needs more money.
>>
>>34560479
>eventually there are just hundreds of 40 and 50 year olds bashing each other for no discernible reason
>the 21 year old is forgotten
>>
LT
POLEESH DAT MOOSTASH
>>
>>34559757
Don't forget filling the place with non-whites
Thats worse than anything else.
>>
>>34559317
There's a reason time in service determines pay as well. This is just stupid bitching at the hands of the army. A sergeant major who's at a division, mef, or higher level is going to have been in for much longer than a sgt maj who's doing his first battalion. The money they're making is good enough and they're already past 20 years so they're just in it for a bigger pension.
>>
>>34557017
>non-officer-fags that actually work their way up the ladder instead of using daddy's college funding to join in as a high rank and lead people with no combat experience will actually have more power

Good.
>>
>>34560796
>more power

To do what, exactly?

Fuck up the military even more than they already have?
>>
>>34557040
You're a closet faggot.
>>
>>34560899
So far the only people fucking the military have been officer fucks and POGs. Incl. the congress.
>>
>>34557017
I remember when the rank structure was much less complicated.
>>
>>34560796
>implying its easy to become Major and above without the same politics, palm greasing, dick sucking and education as a NCO going up the ranks
>>
>>34561335
Compared to at least living the shit of being a piece of shit that gets thrown around like a doll with no power whatsoever? yeah.
>>
>>34557039
I remember tech school
>>
>>34560479
>finishing college in 3 years just to be an officer
What are these fucks taking in your hypothetical, inverted couch upholstering?
>>
File: USMC officer blues.jpg (169KB, 900x598px) Image search: [Google]
USMC officer blues.jpg
169KB, 900x598px
>>34560479
>You will never use a Colonel or Brigadier as your own personal stand to defeat an E-9's own personal stand.

Damn, now I wants an O-7 as my stand.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 466x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 466x700px
>>34559749
Spoken like a POG. You cannot truly expect the military, which spends 60% of its budget on personnel, to provide every Soldier an apartment like that, then not check in on that apartment to ensure we aren't letting it get trashed by the PFC.

If you're a grunt, you're in the field most of the time anyway. Enlisted deserve a nice place to live, but a full furnished IKEA apartment with the caveats you proposed is exactly why many folks think we are all welfare queens.
>>
>>34559749
Or be like Australia and you can either choose to live on base in something similar to what you posted depending on where your based. Or you can live of and get about 10k a year for rent subsidy. This is if your single, people with dependents get a heap more.

At recruits we had 4 to a room with a shared bathroom, IETs you get a private room with a shared bathroom that gets inspected once a week by some cpl or sgt who you'll be knocking back drinks with that night with option to move off after 6 months. Depending on your CoC and how much of a shit fight you are once you get posted to a unit you'll either live on base for 6 months first or allowed to move straight off into a rental property with nearly half your rent paid subsided
>>
>>34562393
>You cannot truly expect the military, which spends 60% of its budget on personnel
>If you're a grunt, you're in the field most of the time anyway

Sounds like bullshit.
>>
>>34559690
>Dear FUCKING God, why dose the army have to bitch and complain about everything
Found a neverserved. When everything in your life is basically out of your control, the one thing they can't take away from you is being able to have a bitching session at the smoke pit.
>>
>>34559731
Or how completely fucky the universal promotion points system is for anybody not in a combat arms MOS.
>>
>>34559757
>Still the greatest performance and lowest casualties of any point in history
Maybe you're just wrong about what makes a good soldier.
>>
>>34562972
No one in a mos can make sgt because max points forever.

Army has min points for other signal mos-es. Once these other signal troops make sgt. The army tells them to change to the first mis, if they want to stay in.

They did this for years.
>>
>>34560131
It may be because in the US you got the blatant rejection of gender stereotyping as rebellion against the aggressively violent police and cultural attacks on their community.
>>
>>34560159
Go back to Jurrassic park with your archaic beliefs, Phil.

>Phil getting tarped.jpg
>>
>>34563002
When I went active I reclassed to 25B, which was at minimum points at the time. Halfway through the course it hit 798 and stayed there until I got out.
>>
>>34562993
At the moment they only forces doing any fighting are SOF and SF, who are roundly rejecting this as much as possible. People who think that current conventional units who are tasked with going to Bagram or Kuwait have no fucking clue what those locations are like. It doesn't help things when E3 Johnny who went to Kuwait talks it up like he just got back from mid-Surge Iraq because he got like 3 mortars shot at his FOB in a 6 month stint sitting around and drinking Green Bean.
>>
File: enlisted rank symbols.jpg (210KB, 750x950px) Image search: [Google]
enlisted rank symbols.jpg
210KB, 750x950px
The ranks are already out of fucking control

We don't need a 40 year old Super Saiyan God Super Saiyin Master Chief Gunnery Sergeant who makes as much as a 28 year old Captain. Its a waste of everyone's time and I don't want to have to remember this nonsense rank every time I pass by this stupid cunt.

NO MORE ENLISTED RANKS
>>
>>34563195
Introducing the Super Saiyan God Mega Evolution Super Saiyin Master Chief Gunnery Sergeant of the United States Space Corp Johnson
>>
>>34563195
No new ranks are being created. They are just making new pay grades for CSM that are in positions above Battalion.
>>
>>34562993
>Losing a war in Afghanistan against illiterate koran thumpers

K
>>
>>34563256
The British and Russians did too.

Graveyard of Empires.
>>
File: lcdr ocko willink, navy seal.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
lcdr ocko willink, navy seal.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>34563235
We already have too many E-9s. if they wanted more pay they should:

Put in a Warrant Officer package
Get a fucking Commission like every other SNCO/NCO did.
>>
File: goofystando.png (278KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
goofystando.png
278KB, 500x500px
>>34561991
yare yare daze
>>
>>34563216
best part about af rank is you really only have 4 things to call someone e1-e4 is airmen e5-e7 is sargeant e8 is senior and e9 chief. i suppose you call first sergeants shirt also
>>
>>34563305
they are not making more CSMs. they just want to pay the existing ones more. If they are in a position higher than BN.

god you're fucking dense
>>
>>34562393
>25 year old pvt lives in basically a less nice college dorm. has everyone in his chain of command/responsibility up his ass to make sure his quarters are white glove inspection ready at all times.
>25 year old 2nd LT gets money to live off base. no one can give a shit about how he is living. well they probably can. just that no one actually bothers. probably has empty beer bottles, a bottle full of dip spit and cigarette butts, empty food wrappers, and a dead hooker in his apartment.
>25 year old married pvt has a house on base. barely inspected and not to the extent of the pvt in the barracks. biggest concern is keeping the a few hundred sq feet of grass cut before garrison puts a note on his front door.

my example apartment wouldn't have to be fully furnished. just provide a basic dining table and 4 chairs, a cheap love seat, a full/queen sized bed, some drawers for his clothes, some shelving for things, and the major appliances such as oven/stove combo, fridge, clothes washer and dryer, and microwave. everything else he would have to bring him self in his household goods shipment.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.