[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SKS general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 20170610_141109.jpg (381KB, 800x1422px) Image search: [Google]
20170610_141109.jpg
381KB, 800x1422px
Field expedient cheek rest edition.
>>
Identification guides
>http://www.yooperj.com/SKS-1.htm

>http://chinesesks.weebly.com/
>>
>>34555537
Noguns here and want an SKS as my first one. What's the max I should pay for it? I've got my eyes on a Norinco
>>
>>34557594
i'd top out at 300
>>
>>34555537
I was thinking of refinishing the stock of my SKS. Any decent guides for this online or any tips?
>>
>>34555558
>http://www.yooperj.com/SKS-1.htm

What a god-awful background....
>>
>>34557594
I paid 400 for mine but I sorta regret paying that much. Still love it though
>>
What sort of modifications can I do to my sks without being a bubba or permanently altering the firearm?
>>
Crossroads of the West is down the street from me today/tomorrow. Looking to buy my first SKS, what is a decent price I should look for?
>>
File: 1111 - Copy.png (1MB, 1295x544px) Image search: [Google]
1111 - Copy.png
1MB, 1295x544px
This was my yugo that i got off a friend a while back. I have not done much to it other than the gas tube guard which i personally think stays true to the look while keeping the gas tube cool (i imagine this only has a marginal positive effect if anything). The rail receiver cover came with the gun and i still have the original. I hear these are shit because their lose tendencies cause scopes to lose zero, but the damn thing is anchored down, and is stiff as fuck. Don't have a scope yet so i cant tell for sure. As for the mags i got a crapco jam-o-matic and decided to fuck with it to see if i could make it feed better. (always jammed on the first round and fired okay after that) after grinding out a tiny bit off the mag it feeds much better and now accepts stipper clips more easily. Still have the stock box that id stick back on if shtf, but tinkering with the crapcos is just something im doing to pass the time. The next range trip will see if the thing is still a pos or if it will feed decently. Other than that i still have all the stock parts and can easily convert it back to its original state. To those wanting an sks, just make sure most mods if any can be undone. It is a reliable gun overall and decent if you get it for a good price. Paid $310 for the rifle, stock parts, yugo leather pouches filled with stripper clips, and a chink harness.
>>
>>34558863
depending on country of origin and condition, 300-450. If its a Russian, or an odd variant that accepts ak mags like the type d and m then maybe a bit more. That being said all the variants of the sks are slowly going up in price to the point where they are no longer the poorfag's go to gun. Such is surplus
>>
Anyone have experience with the Tapco conversion for the SKS?
Considering getting another one, and in syrupland you can get one for ~400 preassembled or ~120 for the stock and ~250 for the gun.

I already have an SKS that I like and want to keep original, and I like the platform enough to put money into another one, just hesitant on the quality of the aftermarket stocks. I've heard they can be underwhelming.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.